Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
2013 Anthem and Cornerstone

fyi 2013 Anthems and Cornerstones are on Integras website, Build and price not quite working yet, but options are listed and priced.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I just checked the Cornerstone and the options and build pricing is working. Keep in mind that the price was drastically reduced and many items were now made standard. In addition, all of the new Cornerstones are now being made on the 600 HP K3 chassis. The 600 HP K3 used to be a big upcharge from the 500 HP K2 but now is standard. At a reduced price too yet! I've driven the first one and it is impressive. I'm glad it has Automatic Traction Control.

It looks like the Anthem site is working too.

Entegra has really made a commitment to adding features and is working on new floorplans. They've come a long way since they began and will be much farther along in a couple of years. They impress me in every area.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #3

Mark, I went onto the Entegra site and I don't see any 2013 info. Am I missing something here or is there a different link for the 2013's?

BTW, I would really like to thank you for the tremendous insights you give us all on the different rigs out there. It is very much appreciated.

Ed
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I was just there and the "Model Overview" pages clearly state the 2013. The prices check out as well because the Cornerstone took a huge drop to bring it to that $557K MSRP and they specifically state that the 600 HP K3 is the chassis, which is standard in 2013. THE PDF specs also indicate that powertrain.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #5

Sorry Mark, I missed the fine print that said 2013. It's too early in tax season for me to be loopy, but that might be the case. lol.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #6

On the Anthem specs.they list the fuel tank now at 100 gal. i wonder if thats a missprint or if they changed the size ? it also lists the front end tires as 295s i thought they were installing the 315s now ?

Steve
Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Cruzer, just curious, do u think If we wait until next year we can get 2015's, on a serious side if you order now and recieve soon a 2013 I would think that must help keep your value longer, wouldn't you, even considering the immediate hit you take when driven off lot, it should retain value for extra year before 2nd year loss in depreciation would kick in? I know most don't buy with that in mind, but if you would want to try one out for a season or 2, skipping a model year might help if u chose to go with another model or do a quick upgrade, they seem to be changing so fast as in the integrated awnings in the middle of production, larger engines, and better chasis as standard, I could see some as wanting the newer upgrades sooner, any thoughts?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #8

Steve,
I was looking at the chassis specs and noticed some issues also, like according to specs it not only has an I beam front end but also the Tuthill IFS.

Eracefn45,
Talk about depreciation, We just received our 2012 Anthem 44 DLQ on Jan 18th and if we wanted to trade, they want $80,000.00 difference. We have the only 44 DLQ built for 2012 without the awning upgrade. In fact, Entegra pushed our production up a month so our coach wouldn't have the awnings as they were changing to the 2013's We are taking a full years hit before we ever took possession of our coach and more. Our 2002 Travel supreme didn't depreciate that much, even with the recession in the middle and TS going belly up.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracefn45 View Post
Cruzer, just curious, do u think If we wait until next year we can get 2015's, on a serious side if you order now and recieve soon a 2013 I would think that must help keep your value longer, wouldn't you, even considering the immediate hit you take when driven off lot, it should retain value for extra year before 2nd year loss in depreciation would kick in? I know most don't buy with that in mind, but if you would want to try one out for a season or 2, skipping a model year might help if u chose to go with another model or do a quick upgrade, they seem to be changing so fast as in the integrated awnings in the middle of production, larger engines, and better chasis as standard, I could see some as wanting the newer upgrades sooner, any thoughts?
They are making changes quite fast as they develop and fine tune this product. That'll taper off once they have found exactly where they want to be. They began by taking the Travel Supreme engineering and design and have gradually adapted and improved on it. This will continue but I don't see any more big model year jumps. I think the 2013 will have a longer run than the 2014s so chances are you might gain a bit on depreciation, depending on when you trade it in.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve HCI View Post
On the Anthem specs.they list the fuel tank now at 100 gal. i wonder if thats a missprint or if they changed the size ? it also lists the front end tires as 295s i thought they were installing the 315s now ?

Steve
It's a 150 gallon tank. I don't know about the tires. Generally specs are the last thing to be made current. I've seen lots of that with Tiffin. Sometimes it takes a phone call to verify what's really in the coach.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
Steve,
I was looking at the chassis specs and noticed some issues also, like according to specs it not only has an I beam front end but also the Tuthill IFS.

Eracefn45,
Talk about depreciation, We just received our 2012 Anthem 44 DLQ on Jan 18th and if we wanted to trade, they want $80,000.00 difference. We have the only 44 DLQ built for 2012 without the awning upgrade. In fact, Entegra pushed our production up a month so our coach wouldn't have the awnings as they were changing to the 2013's We are taking a full years hit before we ever took possession of our coach and more. Our 2002 Travel supreme didn't depreciate that much, even with the recession in the middle and TS going belly up.
Coach envy is always a problem... I know how you feel. Our 2012 Aspire 40DRQ has me wanting a tag axle and the IFS... However, when I look at the big picture and compare our Aspire to the Dolphin 5355 we parted with, things fall into place real quickly. Plus, the 40DRQ was what we could afford for now... It's such a beautiful coach and miles ahead of the gas coach we had for many years. I'm sure your coach is amazing. Who knows, maybe we'll buy it from you in a few years when we are able to afford a move up and you upgrade to the 2014 or 2015!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Shardan1, I was kinda thinking it might help, maybe not, but you still have a New Entegra Anthem, and Quit honestly I'm Jealous
Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #13

Thanks Erace, It's very nice! To go into full detail of our experience would consume a whole day of typing.

And for the record Steve: 315 tires on the new anthems. Ours does have them.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #14

The website specs are scary to me. It DOES list the Anthem with a solid axle and not the IFS unless I am not seeing something, PLEASE tell me that after all the upgrading of the Anthem they are NOT going to go backward with a solid front axle, that would be a deal breaker to a lot of folks. The smaller front axle and tires listed for the new Anthem are also a very big concern as we have ours loaded to almost the max as it is. I really like a lot of the upgrades, but I will keep mine if they are going to a solid front axle. I know, they lowered the Cornerstone list price and there has to be some difference somewhere. But really with the K3 Chassis and ISX engine that is enough for most folks to upgrade, they REALLY SHOULD NOT remove the IFS from the Anthem and force you to the Cornerstone to get it, that move will likely cost them a lot of business IF it is true and they do not back off of it. All just my opinion.

Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote