Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2015, 03:09 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
How 'bout a '15 Cornerstone? Just sayin'
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #16

I'm still waffling. Just when I thought I had things nailed down.
rex-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
A 3-year old coach is at the sweet spot:

significant depreciation already taken
barely broken in, shouldn't need anything
new coach repairs have already been done(yes new coaches need lots of fixes too)
Tires, batteries still in good shape

You're a newbie, we all were in your shoes at one time. Highly likely you will sell/trade in a few years. Lazy days says their average customer trades after 1.6 years. Until you have lived with a motorhome for awhile you really don't know what you want/need/like. Both are nice rides and you won't go wrong with either. I lean towards used, you get a nicer coach for the same $$.

If buying a new Tiffin at many dealers you can to negotiate a 28% discount off MSRP. I would expect similar discounts on the Anthem.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
A 3-year old coach is at the sweet spot:

significant depreciation already taken
barely broken in, shouldn't need anything
new coach repairs have already been done(yes new coaches need lots of fixes too)
Tires, batteries still in good shape

Unless there were significant changes to chassis, exterior, and interior.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:49 PM   #19

I will take delivery of my 2016 CS in February, and I know what you're going through. I'm a newbie, yes, but did just as much research as you have, and, not to mention, asked a lot of questions on this forum. When the time came to make a decision, I had to follow these guys' advice and stick with the 2016 CS. I made the mistake of starting out with a smaller airstream, only to go up in size a month later. I will not make that mistake again. If you can afford a CS, there really isn't anything to think about. Now, if you want a super deal, check out the 2015 CS they have at Beaver Coach. Brand new and they are desperate to move it. I looked into it, but my wife was way too into the 2016. I have to say, she's always right.
BTW, if we were considering things we "needed," we would not be in this thread.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:51 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I'm going to jump in here and say the Anthem is a wonderful machine. Would I trade for a Cornerstone if someone gave it to me, maybe. Would I trade my Anthem, plus money, for a Cornerstone, no. And no, I haven't driven a Cornerstone ... guess if I did, I might change my tune, but there is always something newer and shiny out there. I've had our Anthem now for a year (end of this month) ... loved every minute - have 11,000 miles on her, we are almost "full timers" as we live in our Anthem during the work week - so it is being used.

Bottom line, and my two cents - if you are comfortable with the $$ and aren't positive you want to shell out the extra for a 2016 Cornerstone - get the Anthem. I really don't think you will be sorry. Again ... my two cents for what it is worth. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex-racer View Post
I'm still waffling. Just when I thought I had things nailed down.

I took your position in 2013 when I bought a 2014 Anthem. Then I drove the Cornerstone, rest is history. I bought a 2015 Cornerstone in Dec 2014. Then when I saw the 2016's I was bit again. The K3, 600hp, Hadley, and 20K front axles along with the 20K hitch was a game changer for me. If you can afford it, go for it. That's what you worked for.
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
FWIW - our first coach was a used Discovery on which we made a lot of mistakes. Same for a friend of ours with a used Zephyr before he bought his CS. Somehow it didn't hurt as much to learn on the used toy and boy did we learn. By buying used, when we traded up we didn't take a huge hit and we had a really clear idea of what we liked and wanted.

Joking alert: Don't bash "used" we might want to sell ours one day and the value needs to stay up!!! OK - sort of Joking :-)
Old 12-12-2015, 10:25 AM   #23

I appreciate everyones replies. Posting this question and being able to gain years of experience in just a couple of days is invaluable and im thankful for your time.

Ill let y'all known what i decide.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

The statement about not driving a Cornerstone is half meant as a joke but half of it is for real. The Anthem is a great coach and some people really appreciate the difference and can justify the upcharge for the Cornerstone while others do not. There is no "one answer fits all" but the fact that you may really want one later on can come into play here. In that case you are better off financially to make the move now.

My recommendation is to look at the Cornerstone and take a serious test drive. There is a lot more to that coach than just a big engine. Once you get done with that drive, settle down and leave the dealership. Think about it for a few days when the pressure to "decide right now" is gone, weigh what you've found and then decide whether or not you feel that the CS is the best choice for you or the Anthem.

Obviously you know which way it went for us.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Note the most recent posts were talking the 16 Cornerstone. I'm not sure I'd buy into the "better drive" statement with the 13 CS versus the 16 Anthem.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #26

Well, the DW and I have been looking at both the Anthem and CS each night before bed. Tonight I think we finally settled on the CS, Topaz, Midnight Pearl, 44B. We are going out to the dealer on Monday to take a final look at the Anthem and CS and test drive and then decide from there.

Almost there. I figured if I get the CS now, there isn't really anything to upgrade to (say for a Newell or a Prevost and those are way out of my league).
Old 12-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
You're going to be very happy in your selection...congrats!
Old 12-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #28

Congrats on your decision!! Let us know what happens after you take your first hand look and test drive of both coaches.

Either way you go, you'll be getting a great coach backed up by a great company. All the best to you.