Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2013 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ runs Daytona 500

Ok, just kidding on the title.

My wife and I just got back from the Daytona Good Sam's rally and we spent all of our allowance....on a new Aspire 42 DEQ. We have been shopping for about two years looking at primarily the Newmar DutchStar 4318, Winnebago 42QD, and several Aspire floorplans. We are trading "up" from a 2002 Monaco Diplomat and we were blown away by our first tour of the Entegras at the Jan 2012 Tampa show. I liked the construction and fit and finish, but my wife and I really liked the Winnebago Tour floorplan. After driving all three, which all drive nice, I think the Entegra is indeed the quietest and rides and handles as well as the DutchStar with the Comfort Drive. The Winnebago gets there, but it kind of rattles and bumps it way along and is quite a bit noiser.

The Daytona rally was crazy. Most of the big name RV manufacturers were there. As part of the rally you could test drive the RV of your choice around THE DAYTONA 500 RACETRACK !!. It was tempting to get the big 30,000 lb rig up on the turn 4, but alas I only got up to 70mph. I heard a few guys couldn't resist and went up the banked turns. The factory rep went with my wife and I (Tadd) and was very knowledgeable. The delaer stayed back in his sales area so we could get an unbiased opinion, which I thought was nice. I think other than the occasional turbo whine that 42 ft motorhome was as quiet as my wife's Lexus. The rep pointed out the track isn't the greatest place to test drive because an Interstate with potholes and ruts would give a more realistic test drive, but I was impressed.

How many folks can say they drove their Entegra at Daytona!

I'm looking forward to taking delivery next week. The "show" prices were pretty good. We got about 29% off MSRP with a reasonable trade value and good loan terms. Now I won't have to be a "lurker" on the Entegra forum....I can be with all you guys.

Here's two pics, sorry they are crappy. My iPhone was having a tough time in the bright sunlight at noon.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EntegraAspire_DaytonaTrack1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	28652   Click image for larger version

Name:	EntegraAspire_DaytonaTrack2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	28653  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on the new coach! That's a real beaut! Did Tadd let you do some rubber burning donuts at the end of your drive?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Daytona track

Sorry no burnouts but my wife said they could've made a fortune having a guy with a camera snap picks while another guy had a checkered flag....."And now taking the checkered flag with an average speed of 48 mph is...."
Old 11-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Nice ride, congratulations ... now, given your handle, where are you going to put your Harley.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #5

congratulations! The Aspire is a great motorhome and will make you a great ride. Envious of you getting to test drive on the track!
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #6

Who was the dealership that sold you the Aspire? I know RVOne was going to be there through their Orlando store, but I wasn't sure if anyone else would be there.

Congrats on the new ride. We're still planning on an Entegra in our future, we just have to see how the kids college plans are going to go first.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Oops 2013 Aspire not 2012

I messed up the Aspire I bought is the 2013

To answer the previous post the dealer was RVOne, a.k.a Orlando RV, a.k.a. OrlandoRVDirect..... maybe they can't decide on a name or they are trying to confuse the tax collectors.I dealt with Matt (one of the brothers who own RVOne) and Scott. I met some of the other people from RVOne from Des Moines and Albany, there are about 20 sales guys from RVOne at the rally.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Aww, gee. I was excited for you when I thought it was a 2012.

Great looking coach. Some friends have a 2012 and love it. No doubt you'll love your's too.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #9

We just are getting back also from the Daytona Rally. We only live about 18 miles from the speedway and left the motorhome at home, my wife was afraid I would trade it in.... Lol! Congrats on the new Rig. It's a Beaut! We enjoyed Reba Mcintire!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Reba RV?

After the rally my wife and I ate at the nearby Olive Garden. Behind the restaurant is the Hilton and parked next to the hotel was a beautiful dark Prevost. I don't know for sure but I wonder if Reba rides an unmarked 45 ft Prevost?

We would've loved to hear Reba.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver
After the rally my wife and I ate at the nearby Olive Garden. Behind the restaurant is the Hilton and parked next to the hotel was a beautiful dark Prevost. I don't know for sure but I wonder if Reba rides an unmarked 45 ft Prevost?

We would've loved to hear Reba.
Was it burgundy in color? There were 2 dark burgundy prevost behind the stage when she performed, that weren't there the night before when Kenny Rodgers performed. Think they must of been hers and the bands.