Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo24 View Post
I am really curious what the interior changes are in the Cornerstone!
Overhead cabinets are now back in the DS main slideout. The 2011 Cornerstone cabinets were gone and taller windows were used instead.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
500HP wasn't enough?
Actually, by standardizing on the 600 HP K3 chassis Entegra was able to reduce the price compared to the 2011 Cornerstone with the 500 HP K2. Not having to do two different configurations resulted in some cost savings.

The second factor is the cost differential between the two chassis. Previously the K2 had the 500 HP Cumins ISM engine while the K3 had the larger displacement 600 HP ISX engine. With the new emisions the ISM engine has been dropped and replaced by a smaller displacement 500 HP ISX engine. The difference in price between the ISX and ISX11 isn't that big of a spread any more.

The end result is that Entegra was able to offer more for less.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Wow Cruzer, it's amazing how they crammed all that knowledge into that itty bitty head of yours! Good info. Thanks
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #18

Cruzer, who is using the isx11 in their current models?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #19

Man that new 2013 Cornerstone is really something with the chrome grill, chrome storage bay handles and chrome strip down the bottom all the way to the back. I love that new style patio awning, it should be better in the wind and give more shade. Really some great improvements AND an improvement in a LOWER list price, now you don't see that everyday from all Coach manufacturers! All great improvements, even if it makes my 5 month old coach 2 years old. lol lol All just my opinion.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #20

I like the awning, and a few other things, but I wouldnt trade my 2010 for it. For me, the 40SKT floor plan is perfect. I am glad to see they brought back the dark leather. The light colored fabric they used on the 2011-12, just didn't do anything for me.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Cruzer, who is using the isx11 in their current models?
Any coach with a 500 HP Cumins will have the ISX-11. The ISM didn't transition well to the new emissions standards so Cumins dropped it when the EPA-2010 emisions came out in the 2011 coach model year.

However, any existing K2 chassis in stock with the ISM were still able to be used, even into some 2012 coaches. The engine turnover date was based on the date of engine manufacture, not chassis or coach completion, so any coach builder who bought enough chassis ahead of time was able to extend their ISM usage until their inventory dried up. That allowed them to stave off the price increase for the new engine, which had a larger block and had more extensive SCR emissions, and sidestepped having to incorporate the DEF (urea) tank and related components for a while.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950 View Post
I like the awning, and a few other things, but I wouldnt trade my 2010 for it. For me, the 40SKT floor plan is perfect. I am glad to see they brought back the dark leather. The light colored fabric they used on the 2011-12, just didn't do anything for me.
Entegra has a new floor plan designer and is committed to making the changes to their lineup as needed. You'll be seeing lots of improvements and changes in the future in floor plans as well as features. They are really putting some effort into getting everything just right and their sales and backlogged orders are growing as buyers realize what kind of value they are getting with these coaches.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #23

Cruz, any word on whether a full slide might be in the works? I'd love to find a reason for buying a new Cornerstone, but so far nothing seems like much of an upgrade to my ' 07 Alante.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #24

I see the 2013s offer a few more options over the 2012s - LED lighting, Mobile Eye, Extra Solar Panels
Old 12-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Cruz, any word on whether a full slide might be in the works? I'd love to find a reason for buying a new Cornerstone, but so far nothing seems like much of an upgrade to my ' 07 Alante.
I asked Tadd Jenkins, their national sales manager, about that last time I was down there. He told me that Entegra would not consider going with a full slide because of the lack of structural entegrity. That's a huge hole in the side of the coach and something has to hold the roof up. Plus the slideouts themselves can sag and bind more so he said that Entegra wouldn't compromise their strength for that. Seeing as how they've spent considerable effort into making a strong, solid chassis and box I can understand their concerns.

FWIW - I asked Bob Tiffin about a full wall slide a couple of years ago. He was always adamant about never doing that for those same reasons. Recently I heard from someone else who asked him about that and Bob told him "maybe in 2013". So, the moral of this story is that things can change if the market demands it. Therefore, you never know what might happen down the road.

Personally, while the full wall slides do offer some attractive floorplans I too would have to seriously think about whether or not I would want to weaken the coach that much. I've seen what the twists and turns of normal driving do to the typical coach and don't know how a full wall slide would hold up over time.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #26

I understand, Cruz. I know structures quite well, so have been following the others' forays into this design, beginning, as I remember, with Fleetwood several years ago. I, too, thought they'd have issues, but so far I hear no negatives about their designs. As more and more coach builders move in that direction, I still think it's just a matter of time before EVERYONE has to jump in the pool or get left out. New materials, innovative structural designs, etc. will allow us to see departures from the status quo. It seems so logical that MH's of the future will become more compact, while offering the same or perhaps even more living space. Think about the concept of TWO full slides with a coach of perhaps 40-42 ft. long. Talk about living space!!!! Of course, if that new floorplan guru can come up with something more innovative, I'm all ears!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

You're right in that the market will dictate what will be required to sell them. I can't imagine a 42' long coach with the two full wall slides though unless the roof would be about 4' thick due to the trusses needed to span that long distance. Maybe RVs will start getting convertible tops. Anyone want a 40' long sunroof?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #28

cruzer, do you know what would mean more to me than the full wall slide?
the coach would be available with a galley on the curbside! think about it your sitting on your site, its dinner time, you sit down to eat and the only view you have is your neighbors patio. go one step further, you own a beautiful lot in somewhere usa and you've spent many dollars on your landscaping,pavers, casita etc. what are you looking at during lunch, dinner or just sitting at your table? your neighbors landscaping! the only reason i'm bringing this up is we are i the market for a new coach and am super impressed with the entegra line. oh well maybe somebody in the business might try living in one for a year or so! lol. other than that they sure look great jimsue

beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote