Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2013 Lazy Days / Anthem War Story

My husband and I purchased a 2013 Entegra Anthem from Lazy Days in Tucson, AZ in April 2014. Since the RV only had 6,200 miles on it and was only owned for about 6 months, we strongly questioned our salesman, Tim Turner, about the history and reason for owning such a short time. Tim told us the previous owner was wealthy and simply decided he wanted the Cornerstone with back bath.

I asked to take possession of the RV on a certain date but Tim backed it off a day saying that he wanted to make sure the RV was carefully inspected and ready for us. However, when we took possession, we were stunned to find numerous things not working or broken. We again questioned our service tech about the history of the RV and why all these things had not been discovered and fixed. Lots of apologies and denials followed. Everything that we asked to be fixed was fixed, but our questions also involved the history of the RV because some of the damage seemed a bit suspicious for an RV used only 6 months. Those questions were either ignored or another confirmation of the story Tim Turner told us.

Needless to say, the roof of the RV had NOT been fixed even though we have now found out from Entegra that the roof leaks and wet electrical panel was first reported less than a month after the first owner took possession. I find it impossible to believe that the previous owner reported this to Entegra but not to Lazy Days even when returning to purchase a Cornerstone. I strongly believe Lazy Days knew all about this RV, the 2013 roof problems and other problems the previous owner reported. Instead of fixing the roof under warranty BTW, they simply passed off a troubled RV to the first guppies believing their lies.

Lazy Days also did some other very shady things from selling us inside and outside paint and material protection, Tyron and their Warranty policy and not bothering to pass this on to the service department - so we had to discover on our own that none of these things had been done or we would have paid for something we never got. Weird thing is that we turned down the warranty policy at first since it was extremely expensive and I'd read of previous people who had bought it but never covered because the dealers didn't turn in the purchase of the policies. We only agreed to buy it because they lowered the cost and promised this would never happen to us. Yeah, right. Again, we had to take them to task and insist that they register us and prove it. Lazy Days was so lazy that they did not even bother to credit our deposit on the RV when making out the paper work. Once again, we had to discover it and confront them. They were indeed so lazy that we later found they didn't bother to put a 30 day tag on the RV (letting us drive from AZ to KS without any license tags). Next, when we arrived home, my husband spent from April 20th to into the 2nd week in June tracking down the title so we could register the vehicle. We complained to both Salesman Tim Turner and sales manager Bill Tickle because we felt that the whole delivery and financing process had been beyond sloppy and beyond anything excusable. What was beyond belief to me is that neither of these people were aghast that their customers had had all these things happen to them. It's unbelievable that a company this sloppy could remain in business.

When we arrived in KS we did notice a leak on the driver's side. We were still chasing down the title so we had to put it in storage, but we assumed the leak was from the window and we re-caulked it. In mid June we took the RV out of storage and leisurely traveled to South Dakota on the way to our planned destination of Washington State to celebrate our first grandchild's birthday and welcome the 2nd grandchild.

It was here in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota at the end of June that we learned of the severe problems with leaks on both sides of the cab and water pouring out from under the couch. We contacted both Lazy Days and Entegra. Jeff Aerns, one of the sales managers from Lazy Days Tucson was smart mouthed enough to tell me "we don't build them, we just sell them". He denied knowing about the leaks even though we can prove that Lazy Days had to know 1) the history of THIS RV since the previous owner bought another RV from them and 2) Entegra's admission that they had a problem with 2013 roofs which surely was sent to dealers. And while Entegra warranty department told me the history of this RV when I asked, they did NOT tell us of the 2013 roof problems until a week later when I finally had my first contact from Joyce. Joyce contacted us after I'd posted some pictures on the Entegra FB and also wrote an email to Entegra about being left high and not dry. Even on a Saturday, Joyce called. It rained several days in South Dakota and my husband and I spent many evenings sitting in the cab trying to stem leaks from both sides of the cab, watching water pour out of the electrical panel over the door and down both sides of the front shade. One night with a particularly hard rain which lasted only 10 to 15 minutes, I collected over 3 quarts of water just from the drivers' side.

The leak under the couch turned out to be some coupling under the kitchen sink that was broken. Because they could not find the correct part, we've lived 3 days so far without hot water in the kitchen. The part is being overnighted by Entegra but we must wait until someone locally can fix it.

Joyce has been comforting even a little to me who cannot be comforted at this point. My heart is broken since our dream RV has caused us total hell and we've owned it for less than 3 months. Worse yet, I will miss my grandbaby's birthday and the birth of the new grandbaby.

We spent many hours discussing purchasing the Entegra since we had a perfectly fine 2011 Berkshire (one of the 8 made for dealers) with which we were totally comfortable and happy. We finally decided that we'd worked hard all our lives and were going to treat ourselves to a luxury RV with every bell and whistle (other than the back bath that I've always wanted). We asked Lazy Days all the right questions. Too bad they just lied and lied and lied.

However, the long and short of it is that the RV has to go back to the factory (which Entegra also advises) due to the wet walls and electrical panel. My husband is already on oxygen so we cannot chance that mold is already growing in the walls. We are forced to turn back, missing both the birth of the new grand-baby and the birthday of the 2 year old granddaughter.

We are not rich people. We are a retired couple who have worked darn hard all our lives. This was suppose to be a total dream for us; instead it's turned into a nightmare.

I do hope that anyone and everyone will avoid Lazy Days since they cannot be trusted as far as you can throw them. They are perfectly willing to lie over and over to sell an RV, even to the point of not bothering to fix well known problems that would have cost them nothing!

While Joyce begs to differ with me, I believe Entegra owes us far more than simply taking the RV to the factory and fixing it. Because of the important trip they have forced us to cancel and the sheer hell we've gone through for a well known problem, we will NEVER trust this RV. We have lost the dream. We want to turn it back in and replace it with an RV that can be trusted and has not caused hell. Both Lazy Days and Entegra have refused to replace the RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #2

There is no excuse for what has happened to you. I am confident that Entegra will make it right. Unfortunately it wont fix the fact of the birth and birthday you missed.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:31 AM   #3

Sorry to hear of your issue. I wouldent let the service you had reflect on Entgra, they are a stand up company and will correct the issues. Joyce is top notch. After they have corrected the issues step back and you will put the bad experience behind you and enjoy your coach. I also suggest you make a report wit the BBB, they will hop to a resolution fast once they get the BBB notification as it shows up on their report.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:15 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I am very sorry to hear this, it is indeed inexcusable. I have worried if our coach would be one of the few that have a major issue but we have had almost nothing so if you can get past this I bet you will be fine. The most disappointing thing I read here is you being forced to miss your grandchildren and how long you will be without your new coach while the repairs take place.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
My experience With LD after ordering a new Anthem is just as bad as yours except the Tampa location......so bad I sent the Anthem back to Entegra after 30 days of Lazy Days lies and cover up of repairs by LD. The to top it off two weeks ago they sent me a bill that I owed an additional $18. to them for licenses fees......sure all pay that....NOT! They are nuts! I figure they own me at least $5,000. in loss of use of the MH time and aggravation.

There are several here that have had perfect service from LD, but you and I both know their dark side. I ordered from LD becasue so many spoke highly of them and one salesman in particular. The day I picked my MH up, I was rushed to sign the papers which I found out later, so this salesman could get his last commission check. He left the dealership that day leaving me with no representation It was all down hill from there. I won't go into the long story you did, but twice (two delivery attempts 30 day apart) LD tried to deliver a coach to me that was unsafe to drive. The entire air system was frozen and split open and the paint looked like it was painted with a basketball. Getting my money was more important than our safety or if we were pleased with the purchase.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 07-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuey View Post
My husband and I purchased a 2013 Entegra Anthem from Lazy Days in Tucson, AZ in April 2014.............. I strongly believe Lazy Days knew all about this RV, the 2013 roof problems and other problems the previous owner reported. Instead of fixing the roof under warranty BTW, they simply passed off a troubled RV to the first guppies believing their lies...... He denied knowing about the leaks even though we can prove that Lazy Days had to know...

However, the long and short of it is that the RV has to go back to the factory......

We are not rich people. We are a retired couple who have worked darn hard all our lives. This was suppose to be a total dream for us; instead it's turned into a nightmare.......

While Joyce begs to differ with me, I believe Entegra owes us far more than simply taking the RV to the factory and fixing it. .......we will NEVER trust this RV. We have lost the dream. We want to turn it back in..... Both Lazy Days and Entegra have refused to replace the RV.
I can't agree that EC "owes" you anything more than factory repairs, but I sure am sorry to read your tale of woe. Even IF only a portion of what you posted is accurate, I can't understand why you have not already hired a lawyer and begun the legal process to force LD to unwind this purchase. It can be done. It isn't going to be cheap, but rather than allow them to get away with these shenanigans, I would do whatever it takes to get rid of this coach and start over. As you posted, you'll never "trust" it, and I think it will always be a reminder of how trusting people like you got screwed over by dis-honest scoundrels.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I can't agree that EC "owes" you anything more than factory repairs, but I sure am sorry to read your tale of woe. Even IF only a portion of what you posted is accurate, I can't understand why you have not already hired a lawyer and begun the legal process to force LD to unwind this purchase. It can be done. It isn't going to be cheap, but rather than allow them to get away with these shenanigans, I would do whatever it takes to get rid of this coach and start over. As you posted, you'll never "trust" it, and I think it will always be a reminder of how trusting people like you got screwed over by dis-honest scoundrels.
Upon re-reading my post I recognized that it might seem like I was questioning the truthfulness of the OP's comments. To be clear, I did not mean to imply anything like that and apologize if my comment offended.

I was trying to say that it would take ONLY a small portion of those many, many mis-leading actions by LD people to justify taking legal action to force a rewind.

I also have to wonder how many other EC dealers, when confronted with a similar situation, have behaved in a similar fashion......see HERE: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/dixi...ce-186702.html
Ed
Old 07-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I'll second that opinion. It was Lazy Days that lied and misrepresented the coach. Unfortunately, Entegra cannot control the actions of a dealership when selling a used coach. But it does sound like you have the documentation necessary to pursue action against Lazy Days. And please, as one grandparent to another, get the coach to Entegra and then dig into the savings and fly out to those grandkids. That is a splurge you won't regret. One day the coach issues will be behind you, you may end up loving this coach or end up with a settlement from Lazy Days, but even a brand new coach will not make up for missing the grandbabies. Don't let anyone take that away from you.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Joyce tells me that she cannot even guess at the amount of time Entegra will have the coach. So yes, we get to keep paying the mortgage and insurance on it while not even having the use and enjoyment of it.

For those that believe this will all pass once it comes back out of the factory: have you ever had something or someone fail you so bad and leave such an ugly dent in your life that you couldn't ever trust it again? This is how we feel about our "dream" coach that we worked all our life to have.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Can't fly to see those grandkids since my husband is on oxygen and already been declared by the airlines not to have enough reserves to fly from KS to WA. He also needs a way of refilling bottles once we would arrive. In addition we have two kitties that we travel with who would not be able to fly; and no, we'd never leave our fur babies in a vet service.

All of the above is what made us get into RVing so late in the game (we just started 3.5 years ago after the airlines refused to let my hubby fly to WA). We wanted a way to travel where hubby would have his oxygen requirements and fur babies would be safe and happy with us.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #11

Oh trust me, there is worse. Last year I bought a BRAND NEW Tiffin motor home. On my maiden voyage the suspension collapsed, TWICE. After being trapped in it 4 times having to kick the door out to get out, then having the cabinets fall off the walls. Tiffin closed all communications with me when they found out they built my coach on a bent frame... It could be worse.. at least Entegra is trying to make a situation that LD caused better by fixing it.

Quote:
Joyce tells me that she cannot even guess at the amount of time Entegra will have the coach. So yes, we get to keep paying the mortgage and insurance on it while not even having the use and enjoyment of it.

For those that believe this will all pass once it comes back out of the factory: have you ever had something or someone fail you so bad and leave such an ugly dent in your life that you couldn't ever trust it again? This is how we feel about our "dream" coach that we worked all our life to have.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #12

Quote:

Which is precisely why I advised you to hire a lawyer and force LD to unwind the deal. You and your husband have no business wasting your time (and money) going to Middlebury, making payments on a coach you can't use while it is being "rebuilt", and then STILL being emotionally destroyed by owning it. Get rid of it, and move on while he still can.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Only you can decide whether or not you want to go through the legal process but Incognito makes a good point. It could be worse, a lot worse! I have heard many stories about leaky Entegra coaches but to my knowledge they have all been fixed. The one thing I have never heard of is a structural issue. Should you have to go back to Middlebury? No, but a lot of us have to, to the tune of 5-10 a week, every week! Is that good? No, but there still seems to be a lot of satisfied Entegra owners.
What is happening to you isn't fair but do not let it ruin even a moment of your life, cause as we all know, life is way too short!
Looking on the bright side, you have a good coach and you will find it is backed by good people that will do most anything to help you. You will meet new friends in other owners, you will visit new places and have experiences that will make for great stories around the campfire! Good luck and please try to stay positive cause I'm betting it will all work out!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Aren't most of the 5-10 each week going to take advantage of the factory PDI rather than issues like Katsuey and Brobox?
Closed Thread