Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2017, 07:04 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2014 Anthem...Information Search

2 weeks and 2 days in our new to us Anthem and we're learning a lot. But some of it is coming the hard way. Example: tonight will be our 1st 20 degree night. I pulled out my handy Owners handbook and started searching for information on the block heater. Many wasted minutes later and none the wiser I gave up and searched the Entegra Owners Forum. A couple of minutes later I had the info I needed. This is just the most recent example. The previous owner has been great answering questions. Entegra Forum...ditto. Owners handbook...worthless. Something as important as proper startup procedure....not to be found.

My 05 Monaco had a great handbook that covered almost everything. Is there a similar resource for my Anthem?

FOSJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congratulation on your Anthem. Now that you mention it, probably a lot of small things such as the block heater came from previous coach ownership. However I did find the owner manual fairly complete. My previous MH, a Travel Supreme, they didn't even print them.

Any questions we will be happy to help if you can't find the answer in the search bar.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:32 AM   #3

Steve (Presumably)

Chuck.... I have to disagree with you on this one...

Sadly, the answer is "NO". I love my Entegra coach and will likely buy another one before I get to the end of RVing, but the Owners manual for my 2015 was one of the most worthless bundles of paper that I have ever been given for a device I purchased. Like you, I previously owned a 2001 Monaco Dynasty, and the owners manual for that coach was amazing..... it had sections for all major parts of the coach, and if I needed to understand something (as it was my first coach, there was a lot I needed to understand), I could go to the manual and in almost all cases, was able to answer my questions.

My opinion of the owners manual that I got for my 2015 Anthem was mostly legaleze language excusing the manufacturer of legal liability for almost every system on the coach. One could quickly understand that the manual was fundamentally worthless. If there was anything to be learned, it was from the bundle of OEM equipment manuals, however, most of those manuals don't discuss how their product is used, mounted, or operated when it is married into a motorcoach.... and that is what Entegra needs to understand. I have assumed that Entegra simply has made a decision that it costs too much for them to employ people who are simply dedicated to writing and updating a really good owners manual, and they depend on a forum like iRV2 to help owners understand how to operate their coach. It is NOT sufficient to simply stick 50 OEM equipment manuals in a nice cloth satchel and put it in the clothes closet of a new coach..... shameful

That is why so many of us hang out here on iRV2..... it functions as the manual that we don't get from the manufacturer. Sad but true, and so we share information and pass along experience on here from more experienced owners to less experienced. There is a LOT of technical expertise on this forum, and the mods keep it civil. Hard to beat.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:50 AM   #4

the old monaco owners manuals were amazing... can't even compare anything to those manuals..

they even had blueprints of all the internal wiring within the walls in all of there coaches..

it was like a novel with every little detail covered..

the internet I am sure has changed the way info is distributed now days along with" they just don't do things like they used too"

entegra manual is very basic.. I also don't even waste my time referring to this..

definitely referring to this entegra owners forum will be the best source of info.. I know I do..

don't be afraid to ask any question you might have in a post... usually at least 3 answers within
30 minutes..

welcome .....
Old 12-13-2017, 07:25 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You Monaco owners were lucky. The Travel Supreme didn't even have a list of light bulb numbers...nothing.....nada...zip. We didn't even have a guide to winterizing. I guess I really feel fortunate to at least have that with the Entegra owners manual.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:43 AM   #6

There is an Entegra Coach APP for your phone or tablet that has a "Manuals" section that I use frequently. You'll need to put your vin in and create an account but It will have everything for your year coach.

Jason

JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote