Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
When is the cut off date for the 2013? They could build a 13 today and a 14 tomorrow? Anyone know how long it takes Entegra to build a coach? Thanks
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
It will depend on when they receive the 2014 spartan chassis.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #17

Just noticed on LD website that they expect the 2014 Anthem's arrival in June and you can request information. Anyone have any additional info?
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
When is the cut off date for the 2013? They could build a 13 today and a 14 tomorrow? Anyone know how long it takes Entegra to build a coach? Thanks
We were just in Middlebury last week for a tour. I'm pretty sure they told us 5 weeks for the on-the-line build and I think that includes the painting (which is outsourced) - not to be confused with the order-to-delivery time which will be much longer. Trying to get verification of this info.

If there was anything on the production line that was a '14 it was not pointed out to us and we did not notice anything different.

For changes for '14, we asked and got the stock non-answer, except that the Travel'r sat system will be an option. Also, at least on the Aspire, tile floor in bed, cockpit TV and washer/dryer are now standard.

And the price - the Aspire 2014 MSRP is about $10-$13K more than the 2013's partially due to updated emissions. Not sure if this will be a change for the Spartan chassis, but a 2014 Thor Tuscany we saw on a 2014 Freightliner had the DEF tank moved over to the driver side.

We also noticed the rolling changes on the Entegra production line, for example the latest 2013's have a new pantry in the RBQ floorplan, ducted AC returns and LED overhead lighting even on the Aspire (you can see some of this in the pics of the March 2013 arrivals at Lazy Days).
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

The DEF tank won't be on the DS on a Spartan chassis. I talked to them about that but their radiator/cooling package is larger than Freightliner and there just isn't room for the DEF tank on the DS the way things are situated.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #20

Mark, that is too bad BUT, give me the Spartan chassis and the bigger radiator package, I will manage to get DEF to the other side tank. Just my opinion.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with that. I don't yet require DEF but my Spartan keeps its cool, handles great, and is just plain trouble free. Totally the opposite of my previous Freightliner.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #22

Mark, can you persuade Entegra to move the fuel filler up and forward, makes fueling a lot faster with no kick back. I mentioned it a few months ago, but I'm sure it has been forgotten. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Mark, can you persuade Entegra to move the fuel filler up and forward, makes fueling a lot faster with no kick back. I mentioned it a few months ago, but I'm sure it has been forgotten. Noel
Noel, I have no abnormal fueling issues. Perhaps it was corrected?
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #24

Boy, I DO have issues with the fuel filler tube. Mine definitely either kicks back, tries to fall out or does not shut off when the tank is full (and yes I know that the fill side has to be higher side of the two or it will not EVER shut off, just continue to run down the street). Dual side fillers on one tank are ALWAYS a potential problem and you should never fill from both sides at the same time when the unit is getting close to full. But the kick back problem on my 2013 is just as bad as it was on the 2011. All just my opinion and experience.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Agree. Have to watch like a hawk. Also almost every time have a drip down the side that has to be cleaned/washed at the pump. Haven't had the nozzle pop out yet.

I stay at the pump anyway. Had one pop out of another vehicle once and continue to pump, so I just don't trust them.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Fuelish

Yep, me too! The filler works okay with small, car sized gas pump hoses but it is very difficult to get it to hold the hose hands off. I end up standing there holding the hose the entire time. I think if the filler pipe extended a little further it would still conceal the fuel cap and would hold the hose better. I can't begin to use truck stop hoses without holding the hose and trigger the entire time waiting for it to gush on my shoes.

I also wonder why my 10 yr old Monaco had locks on the fuel doors and my pretty Entegra does not. I haven't heard of fuel theft from an RV yet, but it's not hard to imagine with over $400 per tank.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
I have splash-out problems as well. The filler will stay in the pipe if you flip it over. Once you try it, you'll see what I mean.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #28

The reason I posted the above Tiffin raised the ds filler and moved it forward of the slide out. Made fueling very easy even at the truck pumps. My Anthem isn't too bad, but it would be much better if they would raise the filler and move it forward.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote

« New SL | Warranty »