Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Makes sense...did look at the Entegra web site last night..no mention of "forced options", and the Bose was not listed. While they sometimes lag in updating the web site, what Diannes suggests would probably help the communication issue, at least in Entegra's eyes, during a new model year.

I guess they could just announce a price increase to their dealers, This way they are telling you what you're getting in the new price
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Ok -- got it.

There is an increase to the MSRP.

That's what I needed to know.

Curt
By the way, congratulations...looking good in that uniform
Old 07-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks.

The language "forced option" is on the Entegra website:

Entegra Coach Products

scroll down to near the bottom...
  • <LI class="headline large">Premium Sound System (Forced Option Starting Approximately 7/13)
  • Bedroom Bose Solo surround system
  • Living room: 40"/50" thin Samsung LED TV; Samsung Blu-ray; Bose Cinemate ISR sound bar
  • Outside entertainment center: 40" LED Samsung TV; Sony double DIN CD/DVD/AM/FM with touch screen
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Missed it.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I guess the question I'd ask is .... Did you get the quote on a dealer pre-ordered model where the dealer ID'd what they want built on the coach to Entegra? IMO, that then would become a "forced option" )although there aren't that many available). That's how most people are getting coaches from the large dealers within several months of ordering. From what I heard at Middlebury, they have back orders for somewhere out 12-14 months. I mean, I don't know for sure, but if you want one your way, they can sometimes make changes...sometimes they can't, ... and maybe sometimes they won't. Or you can get in line for a unit that you spec to the factory...then it's some period longer than 4 months.

But I think the "they" are the dealers...not Entegra. because I don't think I've seen anything, anywhere on Entegra literature about forced options.

JMHO
Dave, just to clarify something. When we were at Entegra last week we were also told 14 months out for an order. However when I checked with Mark Strollo at RVOne he said it's more like 4 to 5 months. I know they are trying to ramp up production to 20 units a week. Currently they are at 14 to 15 units a week.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I am just going by what PJ said on Monday, 26 Jul, during the factory tour I went on.

He said end of the line is doing 2.5 a day while the new part of the factory has geared up to 3 a day. That'll get em to 15. Then PJ said they had orders out to 12-14 months..so maybe the large dealers are already pre-ordering 2015s...I really don't know, just what he said. Someone in the group then ask why they don't add shifts to meet the pent up demand, and he responded that they felt comfortable with where they were and the ramp up they are working. made sense to me, but again, maybe I heard wrong
Old 07-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #21

Quote:
I am just going by what PJ said on Monday, 26 Jul, during the factory tour I went on.

He said end of the line is doing 2.5 a day while the new part of the factory has geared up to 3 a day. That'll get em to 15. Then PJ said they had orders out to 12-14 months..so maybe the large dealers are already pre-ordering 2015s...I really don't know, just what he said. Someone in the group then ask why they don't add shifts to meet the pent up demand, and he responded that they felt comfortable with where they were and the ramp up they are working. made sense to me, but again, maybe I heard wrong
As an owner of a manufacturing company (www.picofab.com) I can tell you why they don't just add a night shift. PEOPLE. Getting good people for a day shift is hard.....getting good people for a night shift is almost impossible. Think about it. If you are really good at what you do why would you take a night shift job? There are some good reasons (like maybe your spouse works the same shift) but not many. I absolutely hated having a night shift (shut it down in 2008 when everything slowed down). The night shift guys also don't have the support that the day shift guys have. The company is shut down at 5:00 PM so they can't go ask a supervisor or manager that has talked to the customer when a question comes up at 3:10 AM. When some of your machines cost half a million dollars each (like a laser or punch press) we can't just build onto the building and add more machines so we add shifts. If I had the business to add a shift now I bet it would take me six months to find a crew of five or six with one supervisor to run the place. Even then more than likely they would not be the same caliber as my day shift workers. Sorry for the rant. I look at things from a little different angle than most do.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
As they said, they feel comfortable that with the additional space and building up slowly to production that can reach 20 units a week. And yes, among the many issues with shift work, I agree with you, the people issues can be the greatest. Myself, I hated it when i was younger.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I'd guess it's with is, or that.....whatever the options are. I think they're doing the same with the Traveler vs. In-Motion satellite. Just a guess.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #24

Quote:

Dave, our guide said the same thing about 12-14 months, but Mark Strollo seemed to think it was more like 4-5 months. You may be right that the dealers have "stock" orders that would be pushed out to the one year plus mark.

Either way, it sure bodes well for Entegra. I know that they have some really wonderful people working for them and that also bodes well for the Company.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Smile

Forced Option??? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote