Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #1

2015 Anthem 44B Mid Ship Toilet Noise

My midship half bath toilet works fine but is starting to make a slight grinding noise when the flush flap opens and closes. Is there a way to lubricate that flap and seal? That might help. Have been using the recommended tank additives which is supposed to help lubricate the seals am told. Appreciate any feedback!
rhartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
On my 16 Anthem, I had the same. I turned off water, emptied water in bowl then sprayed seal lubricant until it covered the flap. Let that set for awhile and it helped with the noise. Mine had always been loud but this helped
Old 10-14-2018, 06:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL57 View Post
On my 16 Anthem, I had the same. I turned off water, emptied water in bowl then sprayed seal lubricant until it covered the flap. Let that set for awhile and it helped with the noise. Mine had always been loud but this helped
Would you post the name of the product you used?
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
3 in 1 slide out lubricant. I believe I bought it Walmart
Old 10-15-2018, 05:16 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I just replaced that same toilet, learned a lot taking to previous one apart. Thetford does sell a lubricant, https://www.thetford.com/product/toi...d-conditioner/ there was a brochure in our bag of books, but I have never seen it retail. I have just used silicone spray and let it sit over night. The 3 in 1 Ronnie recommended should work fine.

The toilet I removed the seal was sprayed with what looked like blue paint, the new toilet that seal was clean. If the seal needs to be replaced, it is an easy job, much easier than I thought it would be. https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-1962...f=sr_1_fkmr0_1
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #6

Our mid bath toilet makes an awful growling -grinding noise as the blade moves and then at the very end of closing stroke it makes a clunking sound as if the piston rod is trying to still push after blade fully seats. The whole sequence could be useful for the sound track of a horror film in a scene of some awful way to die!
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
Our mid bath toilet makes an awful growling -grinding noise as the blade moves and then at the very end of closing stroke it makes a clunking sound as if the piston rod is trying to still push after blade fully seats. The whole sequence could be useful for the sound track of a horror film in a scene of some awful way to die!
Here is the entire assembly. There is an adjustment on the backside in addition to the knob. It is easier to remove the toilet than trying to get to it from the back. Try cycling with the knob first while lubing and see if that helps. That can be done with the toilet still mounted.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:36 AM   #8

Thanks!

WalMart had the 3 in 1 spray lubricant. Will try it overnight later in the week and post results. Thx all for the very helpful feedback!!
rhartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck
I was not aware of the second adjustment on the slide mechanism. Can you please elaborate?
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0312 View Post
Chuck
I was not aware of the second adjustment on the slide mechanism. Can you please elaborate?

Page 2 Fig E, Mechanism Lead Screw. Also item # 3 page 2, but after re-reading the instructions it looks like it is the same as the knob. Anyhow, here is a complete blowup that may help others where the noise and grinding problem may be coming from. https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/...m-Assembly.pdf

There is not much to the unit, the part is removed by 4 screws after the toilet is removed and can be fully lubed and checked if the motor is bad. I used a cordless drill battery when the unit was removed.

If removing the toilet, which is 2 wires, a water line and 2 bolts.....draw a line around the front of toilet to the bolt holes with a pencil. Mark both of the bolt holes with a line on the floor at the center of the holes about an inch out. Drop the toilet back on those marks and it lines up perfect first time. Also silicone the toilet base gasket on the toilet will hold it in place. Entegra did not and mine was wrinkled and leaking.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:05 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for quick response Chuck,
I am replacing my second unit in 1/2 bath. Just wanted to make sue I was not missing something and could perhaps save myself task of replacing again. Currently mine is hanging in full open position about 50% time with clicking noise. Was hoping for miracle adjustmenjt but will resign myself to wrestling this thing out and replacing unit.
Cheers,
Jerry
Old 10-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Jerry, any chance you can remove the slide mechanism, stand it on end and soak it down with silicone spray and let it sit overnight? I powered the toilet with a cordless drill battery then used the buttons to test everything. That is scary that two of them have gone out. For personal reference, have you kept the slide a seal lubed? I might have to do mine more often. I lubed the new toilet slide seal with silicone grease before installing it.
I wish I had a magic trick for you, but this was my first time into seeing what made these things work.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck I usually use dielectric lube every couple outings. Probably need to be more diligent.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry0312 View Post
Chuck I usually use dielectric lube every couple outings. Probably need to be more diligent.
Your ahead of me, I use Silicone once a year, but also use a water softener. The TS went 10 years before I had to replace the seal and slide.

Tags
anthem, noise, toilet