Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #15

You can go on Aqua Hots website or call them for a referral to a certified tech to come to you and do the annual maintaince. Most charge about $200. They clean the burner, install a new jet and change the fuel filter.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I do my own as most of you do. But I extend the one year time frame until I see a puff of smoke when it first fires up. There is no reason to do the service if you don't use it that much.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Oh, quick note. If you DIY, make sure you DO NOT over torque the blower/burner when you put it back together. Follow directions and use a torque wrench for INCH POUNDS. Other than that it's easy........ Harbor Freight is your friend: torque wrench, hose shut off clamps, small wire brush, strap filter wrench.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, those "J" bolts only take 35 to 38 INCH LBs. That's just less than 3 ft lbs (36 inch lbs).
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:52 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Aqua Hot annual service procedure

I've found two sources of information to be helpful to me in performing the Aqua Hot annual service.

The first is the Aqua Hot Service Manual available here: Aqua-Hot Manuals My Aqua Hot is a Model 450D and a complete annual service procedure is described (in great detail) on pages 98 - 116.

The other helpful thing is a video of a technician performing the annual service. The .mp4 file is too large to upload here. However, this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u5...yKrnxQarXqwQg- should allow you to access the file on Google Drive.

I don't recall exactly where I first found the video and apologize that I can't give appropriate attribution for it. I'm sure that I got it from some other iRV2 contributor.

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-17-2019, 07:05 AM   #20

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
I've found two sources of information to be helpful to me in performing the Aqua Hot annual service.

The first is the Aqua Hot Service Manual available here: Aqua-Hot Manuals My Aqua Hot is a Model 450D and a complete annual service procedure is described (in great detail) on pages 98 - 116.

The other helpful thing is a video of a technician performing the annual service. The .mp4 file is too large to upload here. However, this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u5...yKrnxQarXqwQg- should allow you to access the file on Google Drive.

I don't recall exactly where I first found the video and apologize that I can't give appropriate attribution for it. I'm sure that I got it from some other iRV2 contributor.

Take care,
Stu
Stu,

I think that's Lloyd Degerald's son, Brian, servicing our coach at the Entegra Quartzsite gathering in January 2017. It was expertly filmed by Glen Silcock. If my IDs are wrong Gary Jones can probably correct them.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #21

Yep, Bill you have it all exactly. You make a cameo appearance in a blue shirt I think a couple of times and do the voice documentary commentary and Glenn Silcock is the videographer who took the video and added the labels. Although I have been introduced and talked with Lloyd DeGerald's son 4 or 5 times, I can't seem to log it into memory. Lloyd has been my AquaHot service guy since I bought my first coach 6 or 7 years ago. Lloyd has done AquaHot service for many many years and has been a figure at most big FMCA and RV shows, Lloyd is now passing the business on to his son (and retiring?) and it is his son who is servicing Bill's coach in this video.

You will notice that his son (Brian???) has a little box with 3 or 4 toggle switches on it. That is something available through the company and I think that someone else has made a non-OEM version of that box that lets you switch each part of the AquaHot on and off, which facilitates diagnosis of problems. If you do your own service, you don't have the ability to do that without having the box also. Probably worth having.

We have Lloyd and his son every year at Quartzsite for those coaches that "Gather" with us at the ENTEGRA@QUARTZSITE GATHERING in January every year at the Quartzsite RV show. We will have the DeGeralds there for service again this year plus a couple of new wrinkles.

Oh, that video of the service is 1.4 Gigs in length, so download it when you have space and lots of available broadband.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:43 AM   #22

Stu,

Thank you very much for posting the video, that was the most productive 17:54 minutes I've spent in quite a while!
Bill,
Thanx for the narration throughout and reinforcing some points of interest as you went along, and what a great service "Bill" has provided by allowing the filming and posting of the service being done, kudo's to him!
Even though I just had NIRVC service the A/H last month before our trip, I'm half tempted to go out and give this a try after watching.... on second thought, maybe I'll wait until next year.
Great job guys!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #23

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrugarber View Post
Stu,

Thank you very much for posting the video, that was the most productive 17:54 minutes I've spent in quite a while!
Bill,
Thanx for the narration throughout and reinforcing some points of interest as you went along, and what a great service "Bill" has provided by allowing the filming and posting of the service being done, kudo's to him!
Even though I just had NIRVC service the A/H last month before our trip, I'm half tempted to go out and give this a try after watching.... on second thought, maybe I'll wait until next year.
Great job guys!
It’s been a while since I’ve watched the video since I always have my Aquahot serviced by either Lloyd DeGerald in AZ or Darin Hathaway when we’re at Bella Terra in AL. Glen did a first class job of taking and editing the video. It’s also his voice that’s heard throughout the video asking clarifying questions. Thank you Glen.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #24

My apologies...

Kudo's to Glen.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:47 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Stu,

I think that's Lloyd Degerald's son, Brian, servicing our coach at the Entegra Quartzsite gathering in January 2017. It was expertly filmed by Glen Silcock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Glen did a first class job of taking and editing the video. It’s also his voice that’s heard throughout the video asking clarifying questions. Thank you Glen.
Thank you, gentlemen, for identifying the proper source of the video. Glen certainly did a fine job with the video and deserves ALL the credit!

After watching the video and referring to the Aqua Hot Service Manual, I had no trepidation in attempting my first annual service. Everything went very well and I now have confidence to add Aqua Hot annual service to my list of "skills".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post

Oh, that video of the service is 1.4 Gigs in length, so download it when you have space and lots of available broadband.

Gary
Gary, exactly right on the size of the video. I'm only semi-tech savvy and thought that Google Drive would work well to disseminate the video. Although there's a File area on this site (iRV2 Forums - Files), I wasn't able to upload the file there.

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-17-2019, 10:57 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrugarber View Post
Stu,

Hi John,

I'm happy to have played a small part in getting you connected to the video. I'm very grateful to others who have provided the proper attribution.

Very rarely will you find that I've provided an "original" idea. Most of what you get from me has been acquired from another source.

Hey, as good as the video is, don't neglect to download the Service Manual for your model (Aqua-Hot Manuals). Those two resources, combined, will have you on track for you to do your annual service.

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #27
J S

Can anyone tell me how to set the thermostat to have the aqua hot working properly and to have a heat
J S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First turn on the diesel burner. Use the SYSTEM button to select heat. Then the ZONE button to ZONE 2 for the front or ZONE 1 button for the bedroom and baths. Then the MODE button to GAS HEAT. ELECTRIC HEAT is your heat pumps. You can now use the UP or DOWN ARROW to set the temperature of the ZONEs. Both ZONE 1 and 2 can run at the same time.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, aqua hot, anthem