Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2015 Anthem Chassis Service/Adjustment

I recall a recent thread in the ECO forum about a great service center in Missouri that could work magic on handling problems, but cannot locate it. Any help from better memories or forum search skill users would be greatly appreciated.
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I read your old post searching for the shop you are looking for. I am also still having front end and steering problems after Spartan has worked on it twice and Entegra once.

It was Noel that has the shop in MO. that so many have had success with. I hope he answers as I may call them for an appt on my way home.

Found Noel's info. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/driv...ml#post2614080
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I read your old post searching for the shop you are looking for. I am also still having front end and steering problems after Spartan has worked on it twice and Entegra once.

It was Noel that has the shop in MO. that so many have had success with. I hope he answers as I may call them for an appt on my way home.

Found Noel's info. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/driv...ml#post2614080
Chuck, if you don't get the alignment done in MO, I used "Josam" in Orlando, Fl
(407-438-7020). They did the alignment on my coach and they did a fantastic job, it drives like a dream. They only work on trucks & MH's, they do good work and are a great company. They already had the proper specs for my coach in hand.
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Al, That is probably who I am going to use. I want to start from scratch, fully loaded as I am now, 4 corner weigh, which is scheduled at LD on the 19th and if it still can't be corrected, Spartan does not want to hear from me. This is getting to the outside of ridicules with the miles I have put on other MH's and the number of times this front end has been "corrected."

Plus, they are close to home if there is still a problem. Glad to hear your report on them.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
I recall a recent thread in the ECO forum about a great service center in Missouri that could work magic on handling problems, but cannot locate it. Any help from better memories or forum search skill users would be greatly appreciated.
Name of the shop is Perry Legend collision center in Columbia Mo. It's about three miles South of I-70 on hwy 63. Owner is Bill Rajewski phone number 573 881-0047. There's also a nice campground about three miles North of Columbia on hwy 63 if you need a place to stay. Name of camp ground is Cottonwood. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks Al, That is probably who I am going to use. I want to start from scratch, fully loaded as I am now, 4 corner weigh, which is scheduled at LD on the 19th and if it still can't be corrected, Spartan does not want to hear from me. This is getting to the outside of ridicules with the miles I have put on other MH's and the number of times this front end has been "corrected."

Plus, they are close to home if there is still a problem. Glad to hear your report on them.
Chuck, talk to Bill from Fl, he just told me Josam did his and he's still not happy. I've said since my first Spartan chassis in 2007 they just don't handle as well as they should. The 2007 I had looked like a snake going down the road. Perry Legend found the steering gear box was not timed correctly. When that was corrected my steering wheel was upside down so it was off 180 degrees. When everything was taken care of it was much better, but I still don't think they drive as well as they should. I guess I'll find out about the K3 chassis shortly. Noel
Old 09-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Chuck, talk to Bill from Fl, he just told me Josam did his and he's still not happy. I've said since my first Spartan chassis in 2007 they just don't handle as well as they should. The 2007 I had looked like a snake going down the road. Perry Legend found the steering gear box was not timed correctly. When that was corrected my steering wheel was upside down so it was off 180 degrees. When everything was taken care of it was much better, but I still don't think they drive as well as they should. I guess I'll find out about the K3 chassis shortly. Noel
Noel, did Bill use Josam located in Orlando?
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Noel, I'll call Bill in the next day or so. Entegra after the Ribbon Cutting had their Spartan guy work on the front end and he found the same thing with the timing and the steering wheel...180 degrees out. It still pulls to the right and the steering wheel is off center.

I was going to start with getting weighed while fully loaded then go from there, but I don't know what to do with this thing now. Spartan had it for over 2 weeks perfecting the steering mod on my coach and it was apparently put back together wrong. Entegra fixed that, but it still handles bad.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Noel, I'll call Bill in the next day or so. Entegra after the Ribbon Cutting had their Spartan guy work on the front end and he found the same thing with the timing and the steering wheel...180 degrees out. It still pulls to the right and the steering wheel is off center.

I was going to start with getting weighed while fully loaded then go from there, but I don't know what to do with this thing now. Spartan had it for over 2 weeks perfecting the steering mod on my coach and it was apparently put back together wrong. Entegra fixed that, but it still handles bad.

Chuck, Spartan then Spartan approved shop then Perry Legend finally fixed mine. I also highly recommend Bill Rajewski.

Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Chuck,

I will be interested to see the weights on yours. If the ride height is set to Spartan's specs I'm betting you will be almost a 1000 lbs heavier on your right front. If Entegra set it last it be be closer. As you know playing with ride height makes a big difference in the distribution of the weight. I don't think Spartan and Entegra are in agreement on how to deal with weight unbalance. I know if you go to Spartan they will set it at their specs regardless of any weight unbalance and refer the issue to Entegra.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan did adjust my ride height on the Aspire (IFS) but it was still within spec. As I recall, it was +/- an eighth of an inch, so you net a difference of 1/4 inch. Changed my right to left imbalance from 1200# to 200#. That was in '13, so things may be different now. Spartan contact was Scott Wixon (sp?).
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Stew,
What floor plan was your 2013 Aspire?
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:54 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Stew,
What floor plan was your 2013 Aspire?

DEQ. No fireplace and no overhead TV. Hopefully, I can get it in a Cornerstone soon
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
Noel, did Bill use Josam located in Orlando?
From what I understood, yes he did.

Tags
chassis, service