Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2014, 03:06 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2015 Cornerstone delivery follow up

Just arrived at LD in Tampa for a follow up service visit to take care of some warranty issues. Most are small items which should be handled quickly. The big items are the hydraulic leveling (non functional), Mobileye (will not calibrate), and the "squeaky" ac units.

All that said, a new issue appeared on our trip up from Ft Lauderdale. About 90 minutes out of Tampa, the electronics on the coach went bonkers.
Showed an ABS fault, lost oil pressure, temperature, speedo, rpm, and DEF readings! Coach continued to run and I pulled off at the first available exit and stopped. Contacted LD and got a tech rep on the line almost immediately. He had me try to do a reset with no luck. At that point he said that if the engine is running and the transmission is working properly, keep coming. That is precisely what we did, although constantly hitting buttons to silence alarms is a pain. Also got a reading on the engine readout of "no J1939 or trans communication". When driving the coach after the event, there was no question that it ran differently. The transmission was not near a smooth as it was prior to the failure.

Has anyone else experienced this event? Meeting with service rep in morning, will pass on the results
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2014, 04:37 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Ralph, It sounds more like a Spartan problem. I don't know about the 600's but the 450's have had a lot of bad dash clusters that have had to be replaced. Can you pull up a fault code? The fault code when my dash cluster went bad was 1084.

The new engines power wise are great, but I am not real happy with all of the new computer systems. Way to much to go wrong with them and they do...to many sensors.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
When we bought the coach, the DW and I decided to take it back home to S Fl and use it down ther for a couple of weeks to expose any "bugs". We scheduled a service appointment before we left LD. When they are done, we will be traveling north to Charlotte for the August 18 - 22 Spartan Academy. After that we are visiting the Entegra plant. It appears that I have planned wisely........for once.. If other issues appear, at least I will heading in the right direction.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Wise as can be. Beteween Charlotte and Middlebury there is no better place to get your new coach squared away. I just made both of those stops myself last month.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:10 AM   #5

Thanks for your post Ralph. I hope all goes well with your follow up at LD and that everything can be handled to your complete satisfaction. Also, thank all of you for aiding in my education process as I continue to do my "due diligence" to get educated on MH ownership. When I do pull this off (stepping out on faith on this!!) I will definitely be putting a trip to Charlotte for the Spartan Academy on my Must Do List as well as a stop in Middlebury for a thorough PDI before the 2 year warranty expires!!! Thank you all so much!!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We are here at LD going over our coach. The squeaky a/c is on our short list. Have you used your washing machine yet, if so does it seem to rock the coach???
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, it causes a little rocking. We use jacks vs the Cornerstone air leveling. I suspect if we ran it with the jacks not down it would rock more.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #8

If the washing machine and dryer are in the back of the coach they will definitely rock the coach at times. However, if they are mounted over the axles (in or near the bathroom) they will be quieter and rock the coach MUCH less. At least that has been our experience. Our 2011 Anthem had them over the axles and they were so quiet we did not hear them running. Different story with the 2013 and the washer and dryer in the rear of the coach. All JMHO
Old 07-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Ralph did you ever get a fault code with the dash cluster going nuts? What has LD said about the problem?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ralph did you ever get a fault code with the dash cluster going nuts? What has LD said about the problem?
LD went in the dash and checked all the connectors. Problem has gone away - I will talk to the technician to give me a full explanation.

My washer and dryer are located midship on the K floorplan. We have been using air leveling and there is definitely some vibration when the washer does a spin cycle. Very manageable. I am waiting for a new pump for the hydraulic leveling so. I cannot give you a comparison. All in all, if I can use air to level the coach, it would be my first choice. Works great and I don't have any issues with slide extension/retraction.