Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #15

I'm already in trouble... After anguishing over comparisons Anthem and of course Entegra won .. After yesterday's recheck of lot.. Dw informs she is worth a Cornerstone... I have to agree with her out the hate on that one👍
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #16

Gate👆
Old 08-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #17

The Anthem isn't a quarter horse, but it's a pretty good horse. I'm on 6500 mi of an 8000 mi trip. Been over the Cascades, the Rockies, and a couple of mountain ranges I've forgotten. The only times I slowed to 30mph was by choice like along the Oregon coast. The only motorhome that has passed us in 6500 mi is one Prevost. We have averaged 8.1 mpg on fuel and we pull a full size pickup. Don't get me wrong I'd like to have a cs 45j but so far I can't justify the $170,000 to trade. All JMHO as Gene would say. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I'm with you Noel.....until I get power lust. When the 2017 Cornerstones come out with 750hp, I'm in.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #19

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
You are SOOOOO MUCH in trouble. You are going to eat, drink and dream CSs for 5 years!? I give you 2 years max after the Hershey show. LOL
I wish I could, but I can't. Still in the prime earning years in my career. But, true, that if an unexpected event happens, such as health changes with the DW or myself, or an unplanned change in employment, then who knows.

So, I'll plan on a $250K budget for 5 years from now. If that plan works out, then I may be able to go for a 5-year old CS or an 8-year old Foretravel. If the budget gets extra money, I could go for a 4 year-old CS or younger 6-7 year-old Foretravel. At no point would I buy a 3-year old or younger CS. No need to pay the extra to get practically the same coach as those buying used. I don't need a new coach ... Translation, I can't afford a new CS

FWIW, my first insight is that the Cornerstone, as the flag product for Entegra, has been designed and built to make sure it provides more value than just a better chassis, engine, than on the Anthem. I think Entegra has to build in lots of quality for the CS in order to be a competitor to someone like Newmar. A competitor that has at least two more models at a higher price point, Essex and King Aire. In addition, because of my other insight below, I believe that the CS has extra quality already built in so people are ready to accept Entegra as they grow their company into new markets. I bet you their Product Management and Marketing Departments made that Business Case and Analysis when the Cornerstone went into early Project Planning ... So, that is one of the reasons that I also like the CS.

Here is that additional insight. I predict that Entegra will have a model above the Cornerstone for the 2017 model year. I believe that model will have the quality of the King Aire, at the price of an Essex, and will therefore be a competitor to both Newmar top models. I believe it will have an option for a larger than 600 HP engine ... I also believe that it will have the Comfort Drive or equivalent technology as well. It needs that right off the bat to compete with the more expensive Newmar models ...

Hey, I should be a Product Manager for Entegra ... I wonder what percentage deduction towards a CS employees at Entegra get? ...
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote