Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #1

Georgie Boy Owners Club
2015 Cornerstone or Anthem?

So the 2015 Cornerstone is the top coach from Entegra, and it sure would be nice for the fulltiming life style.

But, I'm wondering if may be, just may be, I don't need what the Cornerstone has to offer?

If I go fulltiming in the 2015 Anthem, what do I give up when compared to a 2015 Cornerstone?

I wonder if some Entegra owners carried out the comparison between those two coaches before deciding which one to buy?

Who knows, may be there is money to be saved? ...

cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
So the 2015 is the top coach from Entegra, and it sure would be nice for the fulltiming life style.

But, I'm wondering if may be, just may be, I don't need what the Cornerstone has to offer?

If I go fulltiming in the 2015 Anthem, what do I give up when compared to a 2015 Cornerstone?

I wonder if some Entegra owners carried out the comparison between those two coaches before deciding which one to buy?

Who knows, may be there is money to be saved? ...

Which one is the top coach from entegra?
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #3

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
Which one is the top coach from entegra?
Fixed post ... nice catch!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #4

we were looking at coaches we had a deposit on an enregra anthem but we went with a Tiffin Allegro bus , I would go with the cornerstone over the Allegro bus or the anthem.but I felt the Allegro bus gave much more bang for the buck then the anthem.so far we have had very few issues. when driving air leveling Is abig deal .I like the wet bay and electrical components components of Tiffin beter than entegra
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #5

[ moderator edit ]
The Cornerstone has more power and a better chassis, but the Anthem is very nice and has more available floor plans. The floor plan is very important for full-timing - after all, it's your house. I personally dislike the Cornerstone decor, thinking that it is far too busy.

I would go with an all electric Anthem. In all fairness, if you are shopping at this level, you need to look closely at the Newmar Mountain Aire, roughly equivalent to the Anthem, and the new London Aire, aimed at the Cornerstone. Both companies have many supporters, and make a quality product. Good luck. I'm leaning towards Entegra, but have not ruled Newmar out y.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Cocotx,

Having just lived full time in an Anthem DEQ full time for a year and full time for a week in Cornerstone, I'd off the following:

- in the 450-600HP class, I still think Anthem, regardless of Newmar additions, is still the most coach for the bucks. Yes Newmar offers more floor plans, but at more cost. And that comes after looking and analyzing closely (against DW and my references).
- our full timing in Anthem was very comfortable.
- what does Cornerstone bring and why did we trade:
-- 50+ up hills that we slowed to 30...and it does it with ease. The 600 HP and 1950 torque combined with the Allison 4000 tranny are the bomb
-- purely and simply, the air ride and handling is a real step up in ride and comfort.
-- I think Entegra really steps it up with the quality of the interiors in the CS, and the exterior has additional clear coat. By the way...the exterior colors offer bold, and if the park we are in now is any indication, eye catching and car stopping looks.
-- Both DW and I love the residential shower
-- The tile work and ceiling appointments in the CS are stunning, and the water fixtures beautifully arch the quartz and tile in the coach.
-- Finally, more storage underneath, using electric trays are really nice.

I am pretty firmly convinced that we will enjoy our full timing even more in the CS than we did in the Anthem, although DW did get a little teary eyed as we left the Anthem Midnight Illusion behind after a really great 19 months.

Probably the best assessment...wished I'd chosen a CS in 2013. All JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #7

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
[ moderator edit ]
... In all fairness, if you are shopping at this level, you need to look closely at the Newmar Mountain Aire, roughly equivalent to the Anthem, and the new London Aire, aimed at the Cornerstone ...
Mountain Aire would have been okay, except that it was under powered at 450 HP and I still think it is under powered at 500 HP.

The London Aire is not using the K3 Chassis. Don't know much about the FL.

As it stands now, it's either a 5-year old Cornerstone or an 8 year-old Foretravel.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #8

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Cocotx,

Having just lived full time in an Anthem DEQ full time for a year and full time for a week in Cornerstone, I'd off the following:

- in the 450-600HP class, I still think Anthem, regardless of Newmar additions, is still the most coach for the bucks. Yes Newmar offers more floor plans, but at more cost. And that comes after looking and analyzing closely (against DW and my references).
- our full timing in Anthem was very comfortable.
- what does Cornerstone bring and why did we trade:
-- 50+ up hills that we slowed to 30...and it does it with ease. The 600 HP and 1950 torque combined with the Allison 4000 tranny are the bomb
-- purely and simply, the air ride and handling is a real step up in ride and comfort.
-- I think Entegra really steps it up with the quality of the interiors in the CS, and the exterior has additional clear coat. By the way...the exterior colors offer bold, and if the park we are in now is any indication, eye catching and car stopping looks.
-- Both DW and I love the residential shower
-- The tile work and ceiling appointments in the CS are stunning, and the water fixtures beautifully arch the quartz and tile in the coach.
-- Finally, more storage underneath, using electric trays are really nice.

I am pretty firmly convinced that we will enjoy our full timing even more in the CS than we did in the Anthem, although DW did get a little teary eyed as we left the Anthem Midnight Illusion behind after a really great 19 months.

Probably the best assessment...wished I'd chosen a CS in 2013. All JMHO
The fact that you had both the Anthem and the Cornerstone and your comment about "Probably the best assessment...wished I'd chosen a CS in 2013" says a lot.

Thanks for the very valuable input. The lack of power going up hill remains a concern with any coach under 500 HP. An extra $50K to get the power in a 5-year old Cornerstone over the Anthem may be worthwhile.

Now, I need to decide whether it is the Cornerstone or the 8 year-old Foretravel ... DW would decide the actual coach, as we all know!

But, I would love to continue to read what others have to say about the Anthem and Cornerstone comparison
Old 08-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
My thoughts pertain to either late 2014 or 2015 Cornerstones. Everything I have heard and seen suggests these models are a step above older versions. Not sure there are even any 5 year old Cornerstones out there.

As to upgrade, Dusty56 went from 13 Aspire to 13 Cornerstone and now 15 Cornerstone. Not many others, but a lot considering.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:02 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Did they even make a Cornerstorne five years ago? That's when Entegra was just starting.

I am very happy with my Anthem. Yes, a Cornerstone would be nicer but the Anthem is great. It is a very rare hill that makes me slow below 50, except in the high elevations above 7000 feet. A few extra minutes on such a trip is very acceptable to me for the savings. Of course your preference may be different. If the money doesn't matter, Cornerstone is a fine choice.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:14 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Both the Anthem and the Cornerstone have great interiors. There are a few more choices with the Anthem as to floor plans. As mentioned before, the biggest difference, and where virtually all the price difference comes from, is the chassis. The 600 horses, Allison 4000, Hadley SLS all come a price. There is nothing wrong with the Anthem's ride though.

It does make sense to look at some other coaches as well and Newmar would be a top contender. I personally put the Anthem a step above the Mountain Aire. JHMHO

As far as the London Aire goes, it was obviously built to compete with the Cornerstone on price although by the time you are done adding options, it is more expensive. It uses a Freightliner chassis with the Cummins 600 hp, however, then it gets into cost cutting. There is no Hadley SLS air ride or leveling. Leveling at a campsite is done solely with hydraulic jacks.

The rear axles use drum brakes instead of disc brakes like on the K3. I kinda like the idea of discs on a 69,000 GVAWR vehicle.

Electric storage slides are optional. (I can't believe how much I love those things - a lot few dings in my skull from hitting the underside of the slide)

The generator is a 10kw instead of a 12.5kw on the Cornerstone.

The outside television is optional.

Warranty 1 year vs: 2 years for the Entegra's

Newmar makes a great coach but, at least for me, Entegra won on value.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #12

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
My thoughts pertain to either late 2014 or 2015 Cornerstones. Everything I have heard and seen suggests these models are a step above older versions. Not sure there are even any 5 year old Cornerstones out there.

As to upgrade, Dusty56 went from 13 Aspire to 13 Cornerstone and now 15 Cornerstone. Not many others, but a lot considering.
No. Fulltiming for me is 5 years from now. So a 2015 Cornerstone may be just right for me. And, that model coach already passed the acceptance test by the DW at MHSRV in TX. I'll be at the Hershey Show checking out my potential future ride.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I know I am an SOB. LOL Still...

there have been some important discussions on the front axle loading for some Anthems. I haven't heard that with the CS. The whole issue of highly loaded front axles causing user problems is not unique to EC.

I'd listen to Dave very closely. He is a very thoughtful person and I find his advice is very credible.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:27 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
No. Fulltiming for me is 5 years from now. So a 2015 Cornerstone may be just right for me. And, that model coach already passed the acceptance test by the DW at MHSRV in TX. I'll be at the Hershey Show checking out my potential future ride.
You are SOOOOO MUCH in trouble. You are going to eat, drink and dream CSs for 5 years!? I give you 2 years max after the Hershey show. LOL
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote