Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 AM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
The induction thing is crazy. We purchased a very nice set of cookware that works with induction for the significant sum of $129. We could have pieced together a non-matching set from existing stores. How do they solicit such high quality customer information?
This is the first that I have heard about this. We have a new 2015 Cornerstone arriving June 5th at LD and no one has said anything about not getting an induction cooktop. We have already bought a set of induction ready cookware and the DW will probably go ballistic if it isn't there. I am afraid that I would be on the phone with CS if that occurs.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #72

Entegra Owners Club
I thought I saw someplace where someone had listed the features changing in the 2015 Cornerstones, but obviously, they haven't posted changes on the web site...so the question is ... what are the new features. I have been disappointed in that I have a number of emails to Entegra requesting info of this nature that went unanswered. My sense is that the mod to add, if it is not there, is minor compared to the cost of the coach. As someone mentioned earlier...that's the problem with product decisions made by people who don't own, live, and travel in motor coaches. Not just and Entegra problem.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
I have been researching retrofitting my Anthem with an induction top. The Tru Induction model S2F2 retails for about $300. When I measured my current Kenyon cooktop uses a cutout about 1 inch smaller in both dimensions. I just haven 't had time to do it but I think removing the cooktop, cutting the Corian with a router and dropping in the induction top doesn't look too hard. Ironically the Kenyon element cooktop goes for about $800. I haven't compared wattages but I'd think Entegra would make more points and save money using the induction top. The Tru Induction top is used by other RV manufacturers like Winnebago.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I can not imagine that the induction cooktop is not an Anthem standard. It just is so much better, cleaner and cooler and price is about the same. Why wouldnt Entegra make it the standard Anthem cooktop, no brainer,
Our Entegra regional sales rep says they cannot find a supplier that can garrantee the quantity of units they require.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #75

Entegra Owners Club
I think that is the unit that I am having installed at Precision next month.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 AM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
My issue is going to be the fact that I went to the Tampa show and saw the "new" Cornerstone with an order for a 2014 already placed. We canceled that order and placed an order for a 2015 based on the features on that coach. An induction stovetop was in that coach and Entegra representatives said it was part of the upgrades. When we upgraded to the 2015, we paid considerably more for the newer coach. In addition, we invested in new induction ready cookware specifically for the new range. To suddenly, say "Sorry" will NOT be something that will be acceptable to us. Some kind of adjustment will have to be made to satisfy us.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
Guess you could call Entegra (and ask for the sales folks) to find out. I would think that your LD salesperson could do same...have you ask them. And maybe Cornerstone will have it as a dumb a-- differentiator with Anthem. Who knows. None of us have seen an actual official 2015 features list, and to the best of my knowledge, Entegra hasn't released one. Disappointing. Given what Entegra has had to do with 2014 sales and the discounts that MHSRV is offering, I'd be real surprised to see 2016 changes as early as the Tampa show next year. I think it is causing them some problems. And of course, their web site is always 6 months to a year behind the times:(
Old 05-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #78

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Guess you could call Entegra (and ask for the sales folks) to find out. I would think that your LD salesperson could do same...have you ask them. And maybe Cornerstone will have it as a dumb a-- differentiator with Anthem. Who knows. None of us have seen an actual official 2015 features list, and to the best of my knowledge, Entegra hasn't released one. Disappointing. Given what Entegra has had to do with 2014 sales and the discounts that MHSRV is offering, I'd be real surprised to see 2016 changes as early as the Tampa show next year. I think it is causing them some problems. And of course, their web site is always 6 months to a year behind the times:(
Additionally, when Entegra talks about what's available on a model year, they are speaking of the entire year. So an induction cooktop could show up on a 2015 model but perhaps not initially. What's installed early in production is very different from late production. I have an early 2014 and it doesn't have even half of the new items that were actually added during the 2014 model year. I wish they would focus on delivering new model years with all of their intended changes upfront. I'm sure they do it this way to use up all of the old inventory but it's ridiculous to have an obsolete coach before you even take delivery.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #79

Entegra Owners Club
X2, Gary, although their model run for 2012 was so short I think those of us that bought 2013s didn't get so much of that.

So infomgrs sent me a PM of a features list that says Cornerstone has an induction cooktop. Maybe when they officially label the Anthems, they'll have induction as well.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #80

I took the factory tour last week, and the Cornerstones being built had induction stoves...the Anthems & Aspires did not.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:06 AM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
I took the factory tour last week, and the Cornerstones being built had induction stoves...the Anthems & Aspires did not.
The DW will be happy if that is the case
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 AM   #82

Saga 4 PDI at MHSRV:

Saga 4 PDI at MHSRV:
We had planned to fly in Tuesday 20-May and depart Thursday 22-May. Was not the case for various reasons!
Tuesday 20-May:
· Arrived DFW and called MHSRV Charlie, per directions and he was curbside in minutes J
· Arrived MHSRV and we were taken directly to new 2015 Anthem and Billy Fussell our salesman was there. Potted flowers for DW was nice touch. Last detailing was taking place and it was lunch time so we opted to go to lunch and start MH walk through after lunch. MHSRV provided nice loaner car for our stay, although driving a BILLBOARD sign was unusual LOL.
· After lunch a very high quality walk through (3.5 hrs.) by Steve R. All the previous week (driver test at DPS) punch items had been addressed.
· Still wanted to walk the roof, exercise slides, extend awnings, and inspect clean windshield but it was end of day. We had a weak moment and went to office to do the paper work and hand over the check, finish the day, and go to dinner.
· MH punch list the first day:
o Both pocket doors needed to be adjusted to be plumb.
o Ceiling fixtures were not well dusted and cleaned.
o Needed windshield cleaned better to inspect.
o Front passenger side night shade was making a clicking sound, all other shades checked OK.
o Two cargo doors on driver side had significant paint chips to metal.
o 42DEQ carpet deck to rear of bed had protruding bolt and 5 staples sticking up quarter inch or more. All foot cutting hazards.
o Sewer connection not aligned center hole with exit port. This has been noted on previous iRV2 Entegra threads, so I was looking.
o All electronic equipment was in disarray in compartment below TV, and above fireplace. Not neatly placed or organized. What Velcro that was used to arrange equipment was separated. Just looked like everything was stuffed in there without care or strategy to look nice.
o 2015 Anthem has added DEF door to right rear access panel door. Nice thought, do not have to open large panel door to fill DEF, just the DEF door. But it was sad to see the small DEF door was not lockable. I asked about it and MHSRV would check. I had asked about this previous week and locking latch was ordered but had not arrived yet.
o Front awning LED lights had partial burnout but MHSRV had found this in their check and new one was ordered and should be here the next day.
o Access to soap dispenser bottles in bath room and kitchen are very difficult to access, DW is not happy and I can see why.
o After returning from dinner to MH, we discovered a trail of water down the middle of the floor in front of the sink. Made a call to MHSRV salesman Billy Fussell, and got an immediate response from Steve R. our tech (after 6pm) to inspect and see what the issue was. Looked like when the DW and tech were reviewing the kitchen sink soap bottle access, a water line wing-nut must have been bumped and created a drip leak. Water had previously been in service on MH for days.
· Time for bed, we had a good night’s sleep.
Wednesday 21-May:
· Cracker Barrel for breakfast to the north exit 38.
· Started reading manuals and testing all MH equipment we could operate, and I do mean everything. Making sure all MH equipment functioned properly.
· Whenever the DW and I had a question MHSRV techs were around to answer questions promptly or get help as required to get answers.
· Front passenger night shade adjusted and running quiet now.
· Front pocket door adjustment for plumb went well, but rear pocket door had a crown in door face board that meant pocket door had a gap at top and bottom that could not be adjusted for. Standing back you could see the bulge in door jam. Not an item MHSRV normally fixes. On HOLD for Entegra.
· MHSRV paint crew did an excellent job on paint chips.
· Finally got MH windshield cleaned mid-day and found two horizontal 2-3 inch scratches. Also found very small stars in clusters that when the sun was at right angle would create a glare mark in your eyes . Next there was MHSRV inspection by many different folks. All places marked and pictures taken for Entegra to review. Was told “you know this MH was driven 1200 plus miles to get here” and I responded I did not buy a MH to have windshield defects before I drove it off the lot. Entegra answer would come the following morning.
· Kitchen sink water leak was still dry, drip leak was wing-nut leak.
· MHSRV came back with special glass compound water buffer for center windshield scratches. After 45 minutes the scratches were gone but there was a flattened area on glass, Hmmmmm .
· Still no LED lights for front awning yet.
· Still no sign of ordered locking latch for small DEF panel.
· Found that after you use L-sofa and bed light dimmers, the HAND ON-OFF LED sets do not work any longer by hand. Found this to be the same on the 2014 Aspire MH’s on both sides of us!! (Stan & Noel and Mike & Debbie for these MHs), great folks and great visiting and sharing our issues. Stan found the touch pad entry systems needed tech to activate using our own security codes that you choose.
· DW and I are not planning on leaving tomorrow until all is done.
Thursday 22-May:
· Breakfast at local place “Our Place” to the north I-35W exit 38. I-35 exit 38 has many nice food choices, local to MHSRV is fast food and local Bennies and Zimo pizza.
· No word from Entegra on windshield yet.
· Front passenger night shade clunking noise is back. Senior tech says they will order a new one.
· Still no walk on the roof, exercise slides, and extend awnings check with tech.
· 42DEQ carpet deck to rear of bed protruding bolt is already as tight as it can get. Safety a cap of some type will be required. 5 staples sticking up quarter inch or more hammered in.
· DW cleaned ceiling fixtures to her satisfaction.
· Using iPAD controls I found that turning L-sofa and bed lights on and off with iPAD; that the hand ON-OFF LED light units now work again!!!! Aspires did not have that option.
· Notified Entegra will cover a warranty replacement on MH front windshield .
· Billy Fussell goes with DW and I for test drive (me driving). We exercised slides and had a great test ride. When back at MHSRV we parked in open and exercised the awnings OK. But when we returned to the cover parking the MH had a “YELLOW ENGINE MIL LIGHT” on instrument panel that would not clear. After some tech debates I am told this MIL light is because of an exhaust regen that was interrupted and it should clear in 60-80 miles of driving. I tell them I want it in writing that I will not do damage or void warranty when driving with this engine MIL light on. Another great MHSRV tech debate starts. Then MHSRV Steve Ewing, a senior tech comes and does some diagnostic testing. He finds an error code (1081-5FI19) and tells me the instrument panel will have to be replaced. To be sure he will contact Spartan Rep and Entegra.
· Running out of day, will be at MHSRV another day to finish issues and understand engine MIL light.
Friday 23-May:
· Breakfast with Mike and Debbie at local place “Our Place” to the north I-35W exit 38.
· LED lights for front awning are here and installed OK today.
· DEF locking latch has arrived, requires matching paint and installation.
· Final discussion with MHSRV, Spartan, and Joyce at Entegra all on phones at same time in my motor home on engine MIL light. Spartan walked MHSRV through reset for MIL light. Basically start and turn off engine three times to clear MIL light. It worked but Spartan said if it returned they would warranty replace instrument alarm panel when I returned for windshield replacement. Spartan said it is OK to drive will MIL light, just check oil and temp gages and get off next rest area or safe pull off and call them. Issue logged with my Spartan and Entegra files.
· Stayed on phone with Entegra Joyce to share items and she recorded them:
o Small DEF door security, before this addition the whole large panel was lockable. Now DEF door is not.
o Engine MIL light error (1081-5FI19).
o Joyce knew about windshield replacement.
o Hand ON-ODD LED units at L-sofa and bed and dimmer issue.
o Bed rear carpet deck protruding bolt and staples hazard.
o Sewer connection not aligned with exit hole.
o Entertainment equipment in disarray below the TV.
o MH external access doors are all lockable with the exception of the engine compartment.
o New DEF small access door is not lockable. I paid $300.00 parts and paint labor to install lockable latch for DEF security compromised by new small door.
o Joyce said she will respond via email on all above items.
Saturday 24-May:
· Small DEF door latch installed. Expensive but nice paint work by MHSRV.
· NO engine MIL light after engine start.
· Billy Fussell comes running up on departure and tells me awning LED lights are still on and we find on-off panel buttons do not work!! OH NO might be longer!! Then quick phone call to tech determines parking lights are on and that means awning LEDs and DS LEDs are on for safety too and panels switches will not work until parking light switch is off !! LOL .
· Great drive home with headwind and average 9 MPG MH empty and no TOAD. Ran 55-60-65 MPH for feel of driving equal amounts.
· Great maneuvering to get backed into driveway at home. DW hated helping me do the same with truck and fifth wheel. One shot deal with 2015 Entegra Anthem.
· We plan to return to MHSRV on way to Colorado end of June:
o Warranty windshield replacement.
o New passenger side night shade front.
o So far still no engine MIL light warning.
Monday 26-May:
· Heavy rains here in Houston. MH dry except for driver side sliding window tracks. Trickles of water down two of these tracks . Good news all is draining out weep holes and not building up and running into MH . Will talk to Entegra on this one. MHSRV said to tape outside up to stop leakage until talking to Entegra. Looks like another item for Colorado trip.

So over all I give MHSR an 8 out of 10 for PDI. All MH issues managed and planned to be managed. Great care of us with DFW pickup and loaner car while there for PDI.

Any regrets??? YES, do not be weak!! Complete all MH inspections and repairs before check and paper work!!! I knew better!!!

Over all, Entegra is a great MH so far and we are happy, but QAQC work is needed to deliver a MH with small minor punch list items. How do you get a MH to dealer and not need a new windshield? And others and have to return for more work??? This motor home is a complicated piece of equipment for sure but good production QAQC and inspection checks should get these things fixed.

DW has upstairs loaded and I have cargo area containers laid out and partially loaded. We cannot wait to head to Colorado in a month. We will continue the SAGA as things unfold, we are happy with Entegra Anthem!!

Will try to load pictures we have so far and water leak video.

Great to meet Stan and Noel, and Mike and Debbie!!!

Safe Travels to all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0904.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	63939   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0906.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	63940  

Name:	IMG_0907.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	63941   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0908.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	63942  

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	63943   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0910.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	288.0 KB
ID:	63944  

Name:	IMG_0911.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	63945   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0912.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	63946  

Name:	IMG_0916.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	63947   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0917.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	63948  

Old 05-27-2014, 04:47 AM   #83

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Wade, glad to hear that you finally took delivery of your coach. I guess overall your punch list is not too bad. Looks great in the pics. Did it come with the induction cooktop?? We still have a couple of weeks for ours and appreciate reports such as yours and Chuck's on the delivery experience giving us an idea as to what to expect. Did they say whether or not you will still need another energy management system (such as Progressive) even with the on board one that now comes on the coach.
Thanks again

Roy
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #84

Entegra Owners Club
·Found that after you use L-sofa and bed light dimmers, the HAND ON-OFF LED sets do not work any longer by hand. Found this to be the same on the 2014 Aspire MH’s on both sides of us!!
I learned this the hard way too. The lights must be at full power at the wall switch, not dimmed the slightest or the "tap" feature will not work. Even the tech at Entegra didn't know this until after he had changed the light fixtures.

Great write up and report. I have to say MHSR seems to be spot on for getting a MH out the door, much better than a dealer in Tampa that is much too busy to take care of a new coach delivery or have personal to be there to take care of the issues.

I saw they also did the" tell you anything" to get you out the door (MIL light) but you stood your ground...good for you!!! I know it is VERY nerver racking when you have written the check and now Entegra has to be involvled, but I can say they did everything as promised on my coach, so for that part don't worry they were fantastic. Both of my biggest issue were with Spartan and Precision and Joyce had the team standing at attention. Even the owner of Precision came out to our MH to apologize in person, that meant a lot instead of hiding behind his desk.

I do not have a lock on the DEF door as well, but what is there to steal. $300. will buy a lot of DEF None of the engine doors are lockable. First time I have seen anyone ask that. The Travel Supreme had the same door and I have never heard of anyone every missing an engine part. Beer out of the basement in State Parks, yes, but never an engine part.

Your delivery sounds like too many items still leaving the factory, but at least it was safe to drive and looked nice. I still can't figure out why some sewer hoses line up and others don't, that just doesn't make sense. Hopefully Tadd's new PDI department that is being created will put a stop to a lot of that.

Congratulatons on having your coach home within a few days of purchase. Dealers and time of the year do make a difference.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote