Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #1

2016 Anthem - radiator/coolant capacity

I’ve been stationary for a week. Upon our arrival, I noticed radiator fluid dripping from rear corner of radiator. Already knowing about the potential for radiator issues (Spartan changed them up in 11/16 as I recall), I called Spartan and have an appointment with service center on Tuesday.
My question is what is the radiator tank’s fluid capacity? I cannot see any fluid via the window and don’t know if I need 1 gallon or 5 to drive about 25 miles.
patallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

I don't recall the total gallons of the system but when our 16 radiator leaked over the course of 6-8 weeks before replacement I used less then 1 1/2 gallons to keep fluid in the site glass. The normal nature of these radiators when they fail is to leak after cooling down not while running and hot.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #3

2016 Anthem - radiator/coolant capacity

If after you drive, if you will release the pressure in the radiator by losing the cap then retightening afterwards it most likely will not continue to leak as bad. Be careful of pressure in radiator, let cool for at least 15 minutes. Be sure to carry at least a gallon or two of antifreeze. From most accounts and personal experience they don’t leak while running just after you stop. I know sounds stupid. I have 2016 that has started leaking also, have traveled 1,000 miles or so using this method. When stopped it’s a constant drip drip. After pressure released it will stop and not leak at all. While driving watch temperature and if you get an engine warning code it will be most likely be low coolant, code is 11? Can not remember the actual code had to call Spartan. We are going to Charlotte in May to get it replaced. Back to original question after low coolant alarm it took about a gallon to get to sight glass. You can add distilled water in pinch.
Larry
Jolar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The capacity is 17 gallons, but that takes in the engine, heat lines etc. I made it back from CA with a leaking radiator using less than a gallon. Extended Life is available at most Walmarts and NAPA. The last I purchased at NAPA was less that Walmart.

For 25 miles, dip the tank and see if it registers on a stick, tape measure, etc. If it does, driving it 25 miles will be fine.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:21 PM   #5

Just had my radiator replaced a couple of weeks ago. Invoice said it took 12 gallon of Final Charge to refill.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #6

Had our radiator replaced one year ago almost to the day at Cummins of Ocala and the fluid replaced was 12 gallons. Haven’t had to add anything over the year since done......We’re keeping our fingers crossed. Will be in Charlotte for our three year chassis check up in April. Hoping that things stay this way.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:59 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
House Battery Change

Im getting ready to change my house batteries to AMG Fullriver. Do I need to change anything on my magnum controller?
Old 08-24-2019, 06:06 AM   #8

Yes, if you switch from flooded to AGMs, them you need to change your inverter settings on the Magnum controllers to AGM-2, is my memory. Don, 757Driver will come on here and confirm, but my memory is that you use AGM2 setting. I will PM him as he wont find your question under this thread.

The change to AGMs is a good move.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:08 AM   #9

When mine started leaking it would leak more when cold so driving it (if the same Spartan leak) should not be a problem. Where you describe the leak, it sounds like the standard Spartan problem.
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, radiator