RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 06:45 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the Entegra family!

What Chuck said. When we had that issue on our 2013 Aspire and had already tried the other remedies, Equalizer had us fully extend all the Jack's and let it sit for about a half hour or so, the idea being to help force any trapped air out of the system.

Need to do that on a level hard surface, it's a bit spooky with all wheels off the ground. Alternate lifting the front and rear a little at a time, you don't want to twist the chassis. The problem did greatly reduce after doing the process a couple times.

It doesn't sound like Equalizer offered this suggestion to you so maybe check with them before you try it. Below is the procedure from their troubleshooting document. One thing I would add to their procedure, also as Chuck said, is to go slow and let the pump rest often, you don't want to burn it out.

Step 1: Bleed the hydraulic system
The leading cause of this condition is trapped air. In most cases, bleeding the hydraulic
system will resolve the issue.
Bleed the leveling system.
On a hard level surface, run the leveling jacks to full extension. Extend all jacks until
they touch the ground. Using the DOWN▼ jack buttons, a little at a time, alternate
extending the front jacks and the rear jacks. Try to lift the coach as evenly as possible
to avoid undue stress. When the jacks get to full extension, the sound from the pump
will change pitch. This means the pump is in bypass or over pressure relief mode.
Note: This procedure will lift the unit off the wheels. Make sure to extend the jacks
evenly to avoid damaging the unit.
One at a time press and continue to hold each of the DOWN▼ jack buttons. Hold the
button running the pump in bypass for 10-15 seconds. Do this for all four jacks.
Allow the fluid in the reservoir tank to settle: 15-20 minutes.
Retract the jacks. Use either the UP▲ jack buttons or the RETRACT ALL button.
Once retracted, one at a time press and continue to hold each of the UP▲ jack
buttons. Hold the button, running the pump in bypass for 10-15 seconds. Do this for
all four jacks.
Allow the fluid in the reservoir tank to settle: 15-20 minutes.
Repeat this process.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2019, 07:29 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Rob, glad you had the print out of the correct way to do it. My tech from Equalizer apparently did not read the memo.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #17

Cat oil not just additive

My understanding is that the Cat oil is normal hydraulic oil with the additive in it so you can use it as straight hydraulic oil and fill the system with it. The bottle is not filled with just "additive." No need to add a little at a time except for the cost My nephew confirmed that if they have a troublesome system on a machine with "sticky" hydraulics they fill with the Cat oil and it takes care of the "stiction." I think the "stiction" ( the seals "stick" due to friction and then suddenly release) is the issue as the jacks are going to move with temperature changes and slight leak down. The anti-friction additive just allows the minor movement to happen smoothly without the pop. With all the complaints of popping jacks I would think Entegra would wake up and factory fill with the Cat oil and eliminate the problem. Sounds too easy to me. Oh, wait, I forgot that cost thing...
Old 11-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #18

Voltdoc

Thanks for the step by step instructions! While following this discussion I realize that I probably don't have enough of the Cat additive in my coach ... I'm at 1quart as directed by the dealer where we purchased. I was told to withdraw one pint (with a turkey baster) and replace it with 1 pint of additive and run the jacks up and down 6 times over several hours. If popping still occured, repeat. Dealer said not to exceed 1guart of additive as it is just that... additive.. not meant to be fluid replacement. I never lifted the entire coach off of the ground when extending the jacks but I most certainly have had the front off the ground and rear very close to it in every day use. I think I will put this procedure on my "to do" list and maybe eliminate the remaining popping I have.

Thanks again!
John
2015 44b

jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra