Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
I read somewhere (on this forum I think) that 80% of the difference in price between Anthem and Cornerstone is accounted for in the upgrade to the K3 chassis and 600 HP engine..

Ya. That's anthem to cornerstone
Not aspire to anthem..
These both have k2 with 450 Cummings... no difference

I actually see the value in a cornerstone over a anthem

K3 chassis
600 Cummings
Allison 4000 trans

That's serious equipment....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2017, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Can I ask why you wouldn't just use the jacks? It only takes a minute or two to put them down, correct? I thought the Hadley was more for the ride? Forgive me as I am still learning. Thanks..

Some places frown on putting the jacks down especially on soft asphalt. With that being said I use the jacks when I can.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #17

I think there is a lot more differences between the K2 and K3 than the engine and tranny. While they are a big plus, for me it is the added safety margin of all air disc brakes, the 20k front axle with the 365's upfront and 315s everywhere else. On my 2016, K3 only one with the Hadley air, bigger shocks, just beefier all the way through. The frills are really nice but at my age I wanted all the safety features I could get. All JMHO land sorry for not sticking with the Aspire vs Anthem subject but wanted to throw another option out there.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
2017-2018 Aspire vs. Anthem

I think Entegra was trying separate the three top models in their 2018 line...to clarify the lines and provide differentiation. The Aspire had gotten so much like the Anthem that you couldn't see much difference. Now with Vegatouch, Hadley Air, SS Armor, side lookout Radar, there is more of a step up to the Anthem.

I still believe they need to add some horsepower to the Anthem...to a 500 (perhaps ISX?), but this is a fine configuration...leaving quite a lot of difference in both directions.

Each of us will have to discover our own cost/benefit balance, but I feel the distinctions are more clear than in 2017. The entry level Insignia is still a big step up to the Aspire.

Cornerstone=King Aire=Zephyr
Anthem=Essex=Allegro Bus
Aspire=London Aire/MountainAire=Phaeton
Insignia=Dutch Star=Allegro

I believe this is how they (Entegra) would like consumers to consider...(disclaimer....I'm just saying this is IMO)

Of course, it's not a perfect comparison chart with enough feature bleed to confuse buyers and salespeople alike...
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #19

It wouldn't surprise me at all of the 500 is standard in the 19s in the Anthem, with the crash mitigation as an option...
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me at all of the 500 is standard in the 19s in the Anthem, with the crash mitigation as an option...
I was thinking the same way and thought that the 2018 might come with 500HP. After speaking with Spartan at Tampa they told me that 1, the 500HP would require the Alison 4000 transmission for starters. Then 2, and the real killer is that the 500HP is an ISX and the same block as the 600HP with the kicker being that the OEM would pay almost the same price.

So unless Cummings can up tune the 450 to 500 which they probably cannot since it is the 450 is an up tune of the 400 you probably won't see 500HP in the Anthem.

However, with all of that said if somehow Newmar or Tiffin pulled this off Entegra would have to follow. Right now the Anthem is so close to the Aspire that one wonders if they will drop either the Anthem or Aspire in 2019.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
[QUOTE=Jtrving;3768967]Can I ask why you wouldn't just use the jacks? It only takes a minute or two to put them down, correct? I thought the Hadley was more for the ride? Forgive me as I am still learning. Thanks..[/QUOTED]

If you put jacks down on hot or cracked asphalt, you will damage the asphalt surface. If you put jacks down on soft ground, the jacks will punch a hole in the surface and sink into the ground. Air leveling does not do this as all the weight remains on the tires.

In addition the Hadley system allows you to raise the coach (to get over a road or driveway hump or dip without scraping) and lower the coach (to get under something like a garage entrance).

Last but not least the Hadley stabilizes the coach while driving.

Wish I had it.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #22

[QUOTE=MRUSA14;3772946]
Quote:
Can I ask why you wouldn't just use the jacks? It only takes a minute or two to put them down, correct? I thought the Hadley was more for the ride? Forgive me as I am still learning. Thanks..[/QUOTED]

If you put jacks down on hot or cracked asphalt, you will damage the asphalt surface. If you put jacks down on soft ground, the jacks will punch a hole in the surface and sink into the ground. Air leveling does not do this as all the weight remains on the tires.

In addition the Hadley system allows you to raise the coach (to get over a road or driveway hump or dip without scraping) and lower the coach (to get under something like a garage entrance).

Last but not least the Hadley stabilizes the coach while driving.

Wish I had it.
And, it works as advertised. The stabilization feature , at least on mine, takes a second or so to engage. After a few hundred miles you get used to the slight delay. After all, the bags can't inflate until they get an electronic signal to do so.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Actually, the HWH system is purported to have a patented and proprietary anticipation technology (I don't know if it works 100% of the time) that because of human responses is supposed to anticipate the actual turns and performs a pre-inflation in the opposing air bags. This is not available in the Hadley system.

This according to the HWH owner at our last FMCA. I know he's added the HWH system to a couple of Anthems...$10K for the install.

Would be nice to hear if that actually works. I know some people have said the Hadley system lags a bit in the turns.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote