Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #15

My 2018 Cornerstone has been relatively trouble free. My GPS kept locking up so I called Riverfront and they promptly sent me a new SD card saying RM had a bad batch of cards. No problems in 104 degree heat although I should add that the unit is now installed under the pull off panel I front of the passengers front seat rather than the overhead cabinet.

All three A/C's are working well. Also they seem much quieter. Aqua Hot puked fluid for a day or two but seems to have found it's equilibrium. Fluid remains lime green. It may just be my imagination but the Girard awning seems a lot more stable in the wind. I can actually sit under it and relax.

We found one drawer that wouldn't latch but a lock adjustment took care of that. The refrigerator door scrapes on the molding but a couple of swipes with a sanding block and some touch up and all is well.

Mechanically, no problems at all. I'm not a big fan of the adaptive cruise. It doesn't allow me to creep up on the truck in front of me and make my move to pass at my discretion. It slows you down "right now".

Engine and chassis live up to their billing with one exception. The first thing I noticed was the ease of steering at slow speeds. I'm sure it has something to do with 2 steering boxes. Disc's on all wheels and axles are also immediately noticeable. Engine brake makes down hills foolproof. I do get a little front end wander when not accelerating. Maybe a lube job is in the near future.

I like the Vega touch. I wish you could control the slides from the radio head unit but I'm sure a software fix would take care of that. The kids figured out the main screen pretty fast. DW is having her troubles. Whenever she turns a light on or off it's like a light show. Seems like they have last years problems solved. I really can't complain.

Not a bad effort all in all, No major failures in over 2 weeks of heavy use. DW has run several dozen loads of laundry with no problem. We need to lower the water level in the macerator toilets. Seems we can't go for more than a day or two w/o dumping. The macerator hose works well but I need some sort of clear connection to see when the tank is clean.

The only problem I haven't been able to solve is one of the sliding cargo trays seems to have forgotten it's limits . Not serious but sooner or later a kid is going to run the tray into a bay door.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #16

I have 4200 miles on my 18, and it been a nightmare so far..found this tonight..Click image for larger version

Name:	20170801_195325.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	171223
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
I have 4200 miles on my 18, and it been a nightmare so far..found this tonight..Attachment 171223

Really? Do tell. I am curious as to what problems you have had. Would you mind sharing exactly what issues you have run across? 4,200 miles is quite a bit for an 18 model already. If that fluid came out near one of the jacks you might have a look at the hydraulic line that attaches to the cylinder and check the fittings for tightness.
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #18

Quote:
I have 4200 miles on my 18, and it been a nightmare so far..found this tonight..Attachment 171223
Looks like some of the quality controls Tadd was implementing left when he did.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
That looks a lot like transmission fluid. The AW46 hydraulic fluid is almost clear... It looks too thick to be coolant or jack fluid.
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:28 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Looks like some of the quality controls Tadd was implementing left when he did.
Not defending anybody, but it comes down to....is it a vendor items, or how it was connected by Entegra? With 4,200 miles it is not something that would have shown at the end of the production line, but what caused it? What is it?

One thing nice about the Quality Control line....all of the MH leaving at least have paint and clear coat on them now.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #21

it appears to be from the drivers rear jack..Click image for larger version

Name:	20170801_195348.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	171296Click image for larger version

Name:	20170801_210227.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	171297
Old 08-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by swberry View Post
Really? Do tell. I am curious as to what problems you have had. Would you mind sharing exactly what issues you have run across? 4,200 miles is quite a bit for an 18 model already. If that fluid came out near one of the jacks you might have a look at the hydraulic line that attaches to the cylinder and check the fittings for tightness.

2000 of the 4500 miles now, was the delivery to NIRVC phx from Middlebury.
I have 2 trips on it..the pick up from phx, and the round trip back to AZ and phx
When I get time to consolidate a list of my issues up, I will post them up

The red fluid in fact is jack fluid, and appears to be coming from the jack when it is retracted.
Something seems wrong with the equalizer system, because every-time I stop, and take off(after releasing the brake) the system goes into full alarm, and will not reset until I hit "retract all" again..I have repeatably checked the jacks, to see if they had dropped, but the look fully retracted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170802_151013_resized.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	171499   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170802_125410_resized.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	171500  

Old 08-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #23

The leak may be just enough to allow one of the jacks to sag just a bit which will then trigger the alarm. Once the jacks are repaired I doubt if the alarm issue will continue. Keep retracting a second time until you get the repair.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #24

Quote:
2000 of the 4500 miles now, was the delivery to NIRVC phx from Middlebury.
I have 2 trips on it..the pick up from phx, and the round trip back to AZ and phx
When I get time to consolidate a list of my issues up, I will post them up

The red fluid in fact is jack fluid, and appears to be coming from the jack when it is retracted.
Something seems wrong with the equalizer system, because every-time I stop, and take off(after releasing the brake) the system goes into full alarm, and will not reset until I hit "retract all" again..I have repeatably checked the jacks, to see if they had dropped, but the look fully retracted.
Jeff - I believe the Equalizer system utilizes a pressure switch to signal the Hadley that the jacks are retracted and it also allows the Equalizer alarm to turn off. If your losing pressure that is probably why your getting an alarm on start up. Make sure your fluid level doesn't get low...........that will introduce air and cause another set of problems..........
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4545 View Post
Jeff - I believe the Equalizer system utilizes a pressure switch to signal the Hadley that the jacks are retracted and it also allows the Equalizer alarm to turn off. If your losing pressure that is probably why your getting an alarm on start up. Make sure your fluid level doesn't get low...........that will introduce air and cause another set of problems..........
I needed to check the oil, but ran out of time.. I was in hurry to drop the coach off yesterday, had a date night with DW for a Neil Diamond concert.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #26

2017/2018 Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I have had a few, minor problems with my Insignia. Normal shake out stuff. CS has been top notch. One thing is for sure, the rear view camera is worthless at night. I am upgrading to a total vision set up asap

Hi, buddy110!

What year is your coach? We're considering a 2017 Insignia 44b. Also, does the couch fold out into a bed? I can't seem to find that in the brochures and haven't had a chance to see it yet.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by swberry View Post
crude list I had compiled...some of its petty.....

Coach lists on drivers rear after a few days..been in contact with Hunter at Spartan (need to test for 24hrs air loss) 36psi in 24hrs max

The*directv H24 receiver that was supplied and installed by NIRVC in Phx is still not working, NIRVC had spent time on it, on 2 separate days with no solution. I spent 4 hours last Saturday with no luck either. Took it back to NIRVC in phx, Andy replaced the cracked dish, it is now working

Forward drawer under dinette doesn’t unlatch, work on twice at NIRVC, was finally fixed on the second trip

Pull out section of kitchen counter has over spray of some kind?. Andy from NIRVC cleaned off with solvent

Kitchen drawer slide out on turns, broken latch replaced by Andy at NIRVC in phx

Bathroom slide door, lower trim and rubber bumper for air latch has fallen off, Andy at NIRVC re-siliconed bumper and wood trim back on.

I cannot get the vegatouch to bring up the satellite input, (HDMI 2 input seems dead on all tvs) to any of the TVs, or with the remotes, had to bypass the system to get the DirecTV screen up on the main to. Also some functions of the vegatouch seem to be intermittent and not work properly Ted Cook found a bad HDMI adaptor and replaced it

My front door lock is not unlocking with the remote, or with the key pad…maybe 1 out of 10 time will it unlock. One time I couldn’t even open the door with the key…took about 5 minutes of jiggling and pushing buttons to get it free up. The door is also hard to close from the fully open position, I was told this was normal, by NIRVC, and it will work loose over time…anyway my wife can hardly move it, and it sounds horrible. I removed the brass connectors, and found wires had fell off, missing 8/32 nuts, reconnected wiring. Key fob works. Door still jams and latch failed, I was locked out for 8 hours before a locksmith was dispatched by Entegra (spent all day on phone, with various tech). Latch had to be cut out with grinder. Drove to NIRVC in phx, Andy replaced lock, made adjustments. Door works, but still closes and opens hard. Met with Ted Cook in Tucson, he also made adjustments. Determined the door bolt is not an adjustable type (as previous models were) Brian Tombley from PTL engineering *btrombley@ptlengineering.com *Ted Cook 574-536-4108 tcook@entegracoach.com

The camera view on the front screen, goes blank after completing a left or right turn (when in a split screen mode)…I was told there is an update, that needs to installed, told it will be sent to me by NIRVC in phx....I am still waiting on it. River park is supposed to send usb stick Mike O’Conell with Entegra is my contact on this

I am waiting on Mike (w/Entegra) and or NIRVC to find a solution to the sink filler plates, they are loose and want to partially fall into the sink…the fit and finish is ridiculous for a coach like this (attached pics) NIRVC thinks the sink is not centered in the cut out causing the filler plates to drop in, plus the fact the filler plates are cut much smaller that the opening does not help…waiting for a response, or solution still. I walked the coaches on the phx lot, noticed all other 18 models had loose filler plates, but the 17 models fit great. Still waiting for an answer from MIke

The rear tag axles are slinging grease, not sure if this is residual grease and will go away? Should I be concerned? (pics) Removed caps with Andy at NIRVC in phx, looks to be, just a slight overfill of oil, going to take the wait and see approach, should dissipate. Also talked to Hunter at Spartan about this. *Hunter 517-543-6400 ext3131

The rear most powered storage tray does not operate from the passenger side, It does operate from the driver’s side, although the driver’s side switch work in reverse, “out” sends it in and “in sends it out(backwards) ..I thought NIRVC in phx was supposed to fix this, but it didn’t happen for some reason. Took it to NIRVC in phx, Andy fixed a loose wire on switch, name plate is wrong on drivers side

Right rear jack leaking oil, alarm goes off every time I take off. Equalizer tech ‘Randy Bowling’ to send out new part,(lower Valve) hopefully fixes problem, need to check oil level still Randy’s Phone 574-264-3437 Ext. 339 rbowling@dayscorp.com

Most of shades have loose wiring hanging down..was told this is normal by the dealer…most look the same…Looks like poor workmanship to me.. ..Going to fix myself

The wiring loom coming through the floor tiles, for the front passenger chair looks like it was patched with peanut butter, the flexible grout material is sloppily stuck to tile all around and away from the electrical loom..and the excess mess will need to be cleaned off…With the chair rotated/facing toward the rear of the coach, this was the first thing we saw, when we entered our new coach…sigh!* It really needs a grommet or bulkhead of some sort..not sure what to do yet

Lots of debris settling in the glass lenses, in overhead lighting. Going to fix myself, when I get time

Shower bar loose, need to if it can be tightened or wait till next dealer visit?

Wood trim around master bath window is coming loose, need to glue or nail? Call Entegra for advice? Wait till next dealer visit? Joyce has pic

Dash plate is cracked from by screw in upper right, Ted Cook noticed and said a new one will be sent out. Need to follow up with Mike or Joyce

Paneling to the right of the main TV is coming off the wall. Need to report to Mike and Joyce for solution, Joyce has pic

Paint on driver’s side second baggage door back is dulled, like something rough has rubbed against it. Need to get pics and send to Mike and Joyce

Master Bath switch pad stopped working was intermittent..working right now
Old 08-05-2017, 06:35 PM   #28

Quote:
crude list I had compiled...some of its petty.....

Coach lists on drivers rear after a few days..been in contact with Hunter at Spartan (need to test for 24hrs air loss) 36psi in 24hrs max

The*directv H24 receiver that was supplied and installed by NIRVC in Phx is still not working, NIRVC had spent time on it, on 2 separate days with no solution. I spent 4 hours last Saturday with no luck either. Took it back to NIRVC in phx, Andy replaced the cracked dish, it is now working

Forward drawer under dinette doesn’t unlatch, work on twice at NIRVC, was finally fixed on the second trip

Pull out section of kitchen counter has over spray of some kind?. Andy from NIRVC cleaned off with solvent

Kitchen drawer slide out on turns, broken latch replaced by Andy at NIRVC in phx

Bathroom slide door, lower trim and rubber bumper for air latch has fallen off, Andy at NIRVC re-siliconed bumper and wood trim back on.

I cannot get the vegatouch to bring up the satellite input, (HDMI 2 input seems dead on all tvs) to any of the TVs, or with the remotes, had to bypass the system to get the DirecTV screen up on the main to. Also some functions of the vegatouch seem to be intermittent and not work properly Ted Cook found a bad HDMI adaptor and replaced it

My front door lock is not unlocking with the remote, or with the key pad…maybe 1 out of 10 time will it unlock. One time I couldn’t even open the door with the key…took about 5 minutes of jiggling and pushing buttons to get it free up. The door is also hard to close from the fully open position, I was told this was normal, by NIRVC, and it will work loose over time…anyway my wife can hardly move it, and it sounds horrible. I removed the brass connectors, and found wires had fell off, missing 8/32 nuts, reconnected wiring. Key fob works. Door still jams and latch failed, I was locked out for 8 hours before a locksmith was dispatched by Entegra (spent all day on phone, with various tech). Latch had to be cut out with grinder. Drove to NIRVC in phx, Andy replaced lock, made adjustments. Door works, but still closes and opens hard. Met with Ted Cook in Tucson, he also made adjustments. Determined the door bolt is not an adjustable type (as previous models were) Brian Tombley from PTL engineering *btrombley@ptlengineering.com *Ted Cook 574-536-4108 tcook@entegracoach.com

The camera view on the front screen, goes blank after completing a left or right turn (when in a split screen mode)…I was told there is an update, that needs to installed, told it will be sent to me by NIRVC in phx....I am still waiting on it. River park is supposed to send usb stick Mike O’Conell with Entegra is my contact on this

I am waiting on Mike (w/Entegra) and or NIRVC to find a solution to the sink filler plates, they are loose and want to partially fall into the sink…the fit and finish is ridiculous for a coach like this (attached pics) NIRVC thinks the sink is not centered in the cut out causing the filler plates to drop in, plus the fact the filler plates are cut much smaller that the opening does not help…waiting for a response, or solution still. I walked the coaches on the phx lot, noticed all other 18 models had loose filler plates, but the 17 models fit great. Still waiting for an answer from MIke

The rear tag axles are slinging grease, not sure if this is residual grease and will go away? Should I be concerned? (pics) Removed caps with Andy at NIRVC in phx, looks to be, just a slight overfill of oil, going to take the wait and see approach, should dissipate. Also talked to Hunter at Spartan about this. *Hunter 517-543-6400 ext3131

The rear most powered storage tray does not operate from the passenger side, It does operate from the driver’s side, although the driver’s side switch work in reverse, “out” sends it in and “in sends it out(backwards) ..I thought NIRVC in phx was supposed to fix this, but it didn’t happen for some reason. Took it to NIRVC in phx, Andy fixed a loose wire on switch, name plate is wrong on drivers side

Right rear jack leaking oil, alarm goes off every time I take off. Equalizer tech ‘Randy Bowling’ to send out new part,(lower Valve) hopefully fixes problem, need to check oil level still Randy’s Phone 574-264-3437 Ext. 339 rbowling@dayscorp.com

Most of shades have loose wiring hanging down..was told this is normal by the dealer…most look the same…Looks like poor workmanship to me.. ..Going to fix myself

The wiring loom coming through the floor tiles, for the front passenger chair looks like it was patched with peanut butter, the flexible grout material is sloppily stuck to tile all around and away from the electrical loom..and the excess mess will need to be cleaned off…With the chair rotated/facing toward the rear of the coach, this was the first thing we saw, when we entered our new coach…sigh!* It really needs a grommet or bulkhead of some sort..not sure what to do yet

Lots of debris settling in the glass lenses, in overhead lighting. Going to fix myself, when I get time

Shower bar loose, need to if it can be tightened or wait till next dealer visit?

Wood trim around master bath window is coming loose, need to glue or nail? Call Entegra for advice? Wait till next dealer visit? Joyce has pic

Dash plate is cracked from by screw in upper right, Ted Cook noticed and said a new one will be sent out. Need to follow up with Mike or Joyce

Paneling to the right of the main TV is coming off the wall. Need to report to Mike and Joyce for solution, Joyce has pic

Paint on driver’s side second baggage door back is dulled, like something rough has rubbed against it. Need to get pics and send to Mike and Joyce

Master Bath switch pad stopped working was intermittent..working right now

Yes that is quite the list for sure. It must be frustrating especially when you just want to get going and enjoy the new coach without all the detours for service. I wish you guys the best. I bet it will all work out.
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality