Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #1

2017 Anthem - Can't run all 3 AC Units

Sitting in Wichita were its over 100. Plugged into 50 amp with 122 volts coming in and the vega touchpad says insufficient power to run one of the AC units. As long as I feather one (doesn't matter which one) power message goes away.

All breakers are good and on.

Same thing happens when on gen power as well.

Any thoughts?
LB2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Try resetting the Vegatouch system.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB2017 View Post
Sitting in Wichita were its over 100. Plugged into 50 amp with 122 volts coming in and the vega touchpad says insufficient power to run one of the AC units. As long as I feather one (doesn't matter which one) power message goes away.

All breakers are good and on.

Same thing happens when on gen power as well.

Any thoughts?
You might try turning the inverter off on the Vegatouch screen and then turn the inverter breakers off over the driver seat. Temporary measure but it might get you cooled down until you can get in touch with customer service. Be aware this will also turn off your battery charges.
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
jb4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:15 PM   #4

Thanks for the idea. We finally got them all running but we didn't do anything different to make that happen. Very Strange.........

I'll be in touch with Customer Service in the AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We just took delivery of a new Anthem last week. During our delivery the dealer was advised of an issue with the electrical wiring where the phases were reversed on the 2017's. This effected the inverters sensing circuit and the Vegatouch with the result that load sheding was taking place when it was not needed. Our dealer has found this on our unit, one other in stock and a new Cornerstone. Other units were okay. You should probably contact customer service at Entegra as they should be aware of the issue.

Hope this helps... our Anthen would not run the cooktop and the microwave on 50 amp service, but is fine now that the wiring is corrected.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #6

That sounds like what we have going on. I'll call EC in the am.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #7

Don't know if this might help but we use an electric grill. If we are running the electric grill which we plug into a basement outlet we cannot use 3 a/c's. It is this way on our 2017 and it was the same on our 2012.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:15 AM   #8

Wouldn't you think that the factory would be able to consistently wire the electrical phases (e.g., black wire goes to pin 1, white wire goes to pin 3, for example) into the inverters correctly??? Some times you gotta wonder about these needless screwups.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, it is my understanding while being at Entegra that it is the wiring of the Vega Touch into the system. The guys over on the assembly line, they do change jobs, have been wiring it one way since 2010, now there is a new way to wire it. It looks like a few are use to doing it the old way or haven't received the memo Hopefully it will become top priority on the assembly line.

Example, last week on the tour, we saw 6 MH's that the green remote slide antenna wires that were not pulled out. That was suppose to have been done starting in 2014....PJ explained to us how these things happen and made a note to the foreman.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:36 AM   #10

Chuck

It will become high priority on the assembly line when we hold their feet to the fire here on iRV2 and other forums, and not sweep this dumb stuff under the rug. It is truly amazing to hear that they are still putting the antenna behind the fuse box.... that has been a problem now for only 5 years. And they now have a whole division that supposedly checks everything before it is delivered to make sure it is all working right when you take delivery. I would be willing to check those wire positions on each coach coming down the line for only $5 an hour....

Gary
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I was at Entegra when a 2017 drove all the way up from Atlanta with the wiring situation. Believe me, it was top priority at Entegra, they were all over that coach seeing where and how the problem happened. I was impressed on the attention given. PJ was personally working on it to see what had happened. The owner left very happy and I am sure the corrective action was at assemble before they came back to work.

As for the antenna wires, they were on the assembly line that was shut down and had not reach quality control yet. Just an example of wiring and how things can get changed with one shift or crew. However we pulled the wire on a 2016 in the parking lot next to me.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:41 AM   #12

You think anyone in Indiana has heard of a CHECK-LIST? New concept. Only been around several hundred years. When I worked for J&L Steel seamless tube division as a summer college replacement worker roughly 45 years ago, they had a quality control person at the end of each step of the process not just a QC person just before they put the tubes on the freight car.... probably inspected 4 or 5 times before it ever got to bundeling and the freight car because people lives depend on those tubes doing what they are engineered and spec'd to do And then not much inspection was needed at the freight car as all manufacturing processes had passed individual step QC examination by that time and only the crane operator loading the freight cars could screw something up. We are constantly making excuses for completely avoidable problems.

Gary
Old 07-25-2016, 03:25 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Smile Gary ?

Which antenna are they putting behind the fuse box? Which fuse box and is it possible that it is the GPS antenna?

Right now this is day 14 for our 2017 Anthem, except for the GPS and the wiring for the Vegatouch we are not experiencing any problems compared to others that have posted. I know our time is to come. Right now my major beef is the integrations of the AV. I'm still grumbling about the need to buy the Ipad app. Yeh, picky, but when you have to use multiple controllers to access the TV on DTV and change the volume there is something that was overlooked in the integration. Just to make peace with the DW I will buy the Ipad Mini and the app, but only under protest. Now, the integration of the shading and the lighting is fantastic so someone new how to spec out the system.

BTW, the forum is a very powerful tool, further I will probably buy a few share of TMC so I can attend their shareholders meeting

Right now, my DW and I are really

Thanks

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Chuck

It will become high priority on the assembly line when we hold their feet to the fire here on iRV2 and other forums, and not sweep this dumb stuff under the rug. It is truly amazing to hear that they are still putting the antenna behind the fuse box.... that has been a problem now for only 5 years. And they now have a whole division that supposedly checks everything before it is delivered to make sure it is all working right when you take delivery. I would be willing to check those wire positions on each coach coming down the line for only $5 an hour....

Gary
Old 07-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #14

GPS antenna should be a puck on the roof. The one mentioned behind the fusebox from previous posts is for the wireless controller for the awnings/slideouts. But that is from memory.

Here's the photo from the post series for the Slide Antenna issue.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aspi...ml#post2140101
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote