Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2017, 09:13 AM   #1

2017 Anthem entertainment center

Just curious about how to turn on the connected televisions through the remote systems. Which televisions operate off of which Blu-ray player. Has anybody found any good tutorials on the 17th anthem television system thanks
Sawscjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawscjs View Post
Just curious about how to turn on the connected televisions through the remote systems. Which televisions operate off of which Blu-ray player. Has anybody found any good tutorials on the 17th anthem television system thanks
We've got a CS but the Vega touch should be the same as the Anthem.

To turn on the living room TV, go to the living room part of the menu and select AV. From there you can turn on the TV, OR your dish (Direct of Dish), or your blue ray. The television should boot up with any of these inputs. You can also turn on the front TV (over the front dash). You should be able to control the volume and change channels from the touch screen. The Bose system should turn on when you select any of the inputs, (tv, blue ray, dish) and will load the appropriate input controls into its system.

The Bedroom should work in a similar way. Select the "bed", "AV" and then select your input. Our Bose needs to be selected also to get the sound from the sound bar, though the tv will also produce sound if you want it to instead of the Bose.

The system works really well IF all the control wiring was done right and the RF repeaters are all plugged in and working correctly.

If you use the hand held remotes to turn things on and off, the Vega Touch sometimes will be confused as to where to start so its best to turn things off via the touch screen (or IPAD/tablet) if that's how you turned them on.

If you are using the "TV" function, and you are trying to use the park cable, you will need to turn off the Wineguard antenna on the roof. That's in the cabinet above the passenger seat. Also, you will need to run the Auto Programming through each TV menu if you are using park cable or over the air. It needs to find the stations for you.

I've not found any documents of how all this is supposed to work. We learned at this past springs Homecoming event. We kidnapped one of the Firefly techs and would not let him leave until everything worked as it was supposed to..! He added a couple of RF repeaters and its been working great since. I fear too many of them left the factory with some wiring flaws and will never be fully utilized.

I'm not sure any of this will help you but don't be afraid to try things out. I would suggest just giving each instruction a few extra seconds to respond before mashing another button on the touch screen. It takes a little bit longer for the components to respond.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #3

Thank you very much that was very helpful
Old 09-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
We've got a CS but the Vega touch should be the same as the Anthem.

To turn on the living room TV, go to the living room part of the menu and select AV. From there you can turn on the TV, OR your dish (Direct of Dish), or your blue ray. The television should boot up with any of these inputs. You can also turn on the front TV (over the front dash). You should be able to control the volume and change channels from the touch screen. The Bose system should turn on when you select any of the inputs, (tv, blue ray, dish) and will load the appropriate input controls into its system.

The Bedroom should work in a similar way. Select the "bed", "AV" and then select your input. Our Bose needs to be selected also to get the sound from the sound bar, though the tv will also produce sound if you want it to instead of the Bose.

The system works really well IF all the control wiring was done right and the RF repeaters are all plugged in and working correctly.

If you use the hand held remotes to turn things on and off, the Vega Touch sometimes will be confused as to where to start so its best to turn things off via the touch screen (or IPAD/tablet) if that's how you turned them on.

If you are using the "TV" function, and you are trying to use the park cable, you will need to turn off the Wineguard antenna on the roof. That's in the cabinet above the passenger seat. Also, you will need to run the Auto Programming through each TV menu if you are using park cable or over the air. It needs to find the stations for you.

I've not found any documents of how all this is supposed to work. We learned at this past springs Homecoming event. We kidnapped one of the Firefly techs and would not let him leave until everything worked as it was supposed to..! He added a couple of RF repeaters and its been working great since. I fear too many of them left the factory with some wiring flaws and will never be fully utilized.

I'm not sure any of this will help you but don't be afraid to try things out. I would suggest just giving each instruction a few extra seconds to respond before mashing another button on the touch screen. It takes a little bit longer for the components to respond.
Excellent write up.... just wanted to add one thing that tripped me up. When you use the Vegatouch to turn on the outside TV via the AV button on the "bus" screen and then when done watching that TV you turn it off with the remote outside, things can get wacky. Mainly after doing that whenever I turned on the LR TV the sat receiver would not turn on. Had to turn it on with the DTV remote.

So should things get wacky simply go to the home screen on the Vegatouch and reset everything by hitting the master AV off. I know that this is a rare situation, but when it happened to me I was on the phone for over an hour with Firefly.

Since the last screen change on the Vegatouch the system has been working really well. Very smart and well integrated control system.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:42 AM   #5

Thank you for your response about the outside television. That was very helpful.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Excellent write up.... just wanted to add one thing that tripped me up. When you use the Vegatouch to turn on the outside TV via the AV button on the "bus" screen and then when done watching that TV you turn it off with the remote outside, things can get wacky. Mainly after doing that whenever I turned on the LR TV the sat receiver would not turn on. Had to turn it on with the DTV remote.

So should things get wacky simply go to the home screen on the Vegatouch and reset everything by hitting the master AV off. I know that this is a rare situation, but when it happened to me I was on the phone for over an hour with Firefly.

Since the last screen change on the Vegatouch the system has been working really well. Very smart and well integrated control system.

I forgot all about the Master AV Off. Thanks..!
Old 09-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #7

Thank you magic carpet for your helpfulness. I have heard great things about you. Steve Smith
Old 09-25-2017, 01:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawscjs View Post
Thank you magic carpet for your helpfulness. I have heard great things about you. Steve Smith
Glad I could be on some help. That's the beauty of the forum. Sharing experiences and knowledge.