Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

2018 Anthem Eleacrical Problem

ISSUE: Normal operation on 50 amp power. 1 or 2 A/C units operating. No other major power drains operating. THEN:

1. A/C compressors will turn off, fans will remain running as coach temperatures are above thermostat set point. The following has been observed:
• No coach breakers tripped
• Dryer and convection stove operate normally on leg 1 breaker panel
• Pedestal breaker is on (not tripped)
• Progressive surge protector shows normal power (113V and 119V), no error code
• Transfer switch (TRC 40350RVC) shows 2 indicator lights illuminated which should indicate normal operation

2. Vega Touch shows:
• AC Power: Inverter on (114V, 1A; 118V, - A) - No Shore Power
• DC Power: Chassis 12.9V, House 13.5V
• Inverter 1: 1.0A, Absorb
• Inverter 2: 2.0A, Absorb

3. Turn off pedestal breaker, then turn on.
• Vega Touch shows shore power
• A/C compressors return to normal operation

This situation has occurred 4 times and counting over the last 2 weeks in 2 different campgrounds. One time we returned and the interior temperature was 91 degrees. The above description has been the case each time. From what I have looked at I don’t see an obvious problem with the park power, surge protector, or transfer switch. Since it appears to be an intermittent problem that only affects the air conditioners what might cause this? I spoke to an Entegra technician (Mike) about this after the 1st time but no good feedback there. Any ideas are welcome.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Wow, that sounds like a tough one. VT shows no shore power yet says chargers are functioning.

Would seem VT is improperly sensing shore power and since (I think) it controls AC units directly (no thermostat, right?) is shutting them down.

Guess I would look into how VT senses shore power. Maybe a loose or intermittent connection somewhere. Maybe a defective VT unit?

Probably best to call firefly directly for help.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #3

I have since found that power is restored to the compressors and shows "shore power" on the vega touch either by turning the pedestal power off and on, or turning off the fans by the thermostat. It does seem like a vega touch problem.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #4

I had a loose connection somewhere on the back of the radio head for vegatouch and it was creating havoc. Water pump, A/C, and slides would only run for a few seconds.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
You may try rebooting...shut 12 volts off...wait a minute, turn 12 volts on. Worked for me when vegatouch went a little wacky!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #6

Spoke to Firefly. They said it could be the network cable plugged into the transfer switch or the transfer switch. Checked the connector and it seems solid and no loose wires there. Now with cooler weather and no A/C I can see a problem getting this intermittant problem diagnosed and fixed. Have a call in to NIRVC Phoenix to get this looked at but they are booked up to December and "will see if they can accomodate me". With NIRVC's emphasis on service it seems customers who purchased with them and and under warranty take a back seat to every other appointment. Not what I signed up for and expected when I purchased but will see what happens and if it needs to be taken up the food chain.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #7

Just to close the loop on this one. Same issues as posted in 18 Vega Touch issue. The NIRVC folks at the Octoberfest 17 rally were very supportive and found the problem to be a very loose ground in the G6A Control Panel (firefly) over the door. Kudos to Cowboy and his staff and Ted Cook for finding the problem which could have been a number of things.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #8

Sounds like they accommodated you, good to hear.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:24 AM   #9

Yeah, they took the G6 out of a display coach and got him fixed, then overnighted a new G6 in so the display coach would be usable. Pretty good service.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I too was having intermittent problems on my 2018 Anthem DEQ. The problems were intermittent and each time the solution was a reboot. If you haven't had Firefly update the software yet you should try that route. I also had them send a new panel to update the firmware, and once that was behind me it seems as if the problems became a lot less frequent.

On a side note, I also had problems with the A/C in my Anthem. I finally figured the thermostat sensor wires for the basement, floor and mid-cabin were switched. Wasn't very obvious why the cooling was off, but a hairdryer aimed at the sensors told the tale.

Press and hold the "?" icon on the VT for 10 seconds and all the inputs are displayed.

zcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote