Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #1

2018 Aspire on order - will factory make additions?

We have ordered a 44R as the DW has requested (demanded) bunk beds for the grandchildren. That leads us to the Aspire 44R. This floor plan is not offered in the Anthem trim line. There are a few things I would really like to have from the Anthum that would be a major upgrade such as the Hedley Leveling System and the larger shocks.

We would like to have a sleep number bed in the bedroom. It seems pointless to have to move out a perfectly good king mattress to do this. Does the Aspire have an electric outlet under the bed for the later addition?

I know I could make those changes at a later date, but it would be more costly and without a doubt more trouble. So, has anyone been successful in getting changes/upgrades that are not listed as options done?

Thanks in advance

Duane
dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #2

Not from the factory, they do very little of that. The business model is to keep the price down by building a great coach with very few options. You can do that with a Newmar but it will cost you mire than foing it after you take delivery. All JMHO
Old 10-22-2017, 07:36 PM   #3

Give the mattress a try. You never know. My wife and I are fans of the temperpedic mattress. We were pretty sure that one of the very first mods we would do is to change the Denver mattress the Aspire comes with to a temperpedic. When we took delivery we slept on the mattress for a week and were hooked. It's a great mattress and we have no intention of changing it now.

I can tell you it's a firm mattress. I prefer a firm feel and my wife prefers a softer feel. We had a sleep number in our previous coach with a 4 inch memory foam overlay and it was very comfortable. I ran my setting on 90 and my wife had hers set I think below 50. This Denver mattress in the Aspire is firm and very supportive for your back. My wife loves it as much as I do and we now have no intention of giving it up.

Having said all that give the mattress a try first as we were also biased towards changing out the mattress.
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #4

You can get changes like that(we got more on a 2015). It has to be end of the model year and Entegra will need to move exes units.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #5

Duane, I don’t know if you can add the Hadley after the fact, I’d bet the answer is yes.

Shocks are no big deal, I’d swap the stock Bilsteins for Koni 99Bs and be done with it.

As for the bed, you can likely retrofit a Sleep Number as there is Power at each night stand. Extending that under the bed wouldn’t be rocket science.

With that having been said, don’t do it. Seriously, the stock mattress is a good one and works around the issues of having an air mattress while gaining altitude.

Honestly, our old Sleep Number was not reliable. We never punctured it by forgetting to deflate, but it wasn’t uncommon to go to sleep and wake up on a rock, or to be completely deflated.

Never again.

Good choice on floor plans, we tend to be partial to that layout as well.

I would suggest going for the additional (2) L16 batteries as the stock pair are only good for a few hours, not an entire night.

Get the second Girard as it just looks super cool to have shade from front to rear.

Get the Trav’ler as the In Motion unit isn’t nearly the antenna the Trav’ler is, and when we had the In Motion we very seldom used it while driving.

I’d add solar after the fact if you’re into that. The factory solar setup is more to keep your batteries topped off when parked for a while without services, not true boondocking. Aftermarket solar is far more economical.

Your Aspire will carry the 150G fuel tank, and diesel Aquahot so those are big plusses. The IFS is nice, but frankly I doubt you could tell the difference from an IFS coach to one without. I couldn’t, and I’m pretty picky about handling.

Overall, the hard part is the wait.

Congratulations,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Duane, I don’t know if you can add the Hadley after the fact, I’d bet the answer is yes.
IIRC, someone on this list did just that, for about $10k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Honestly, our old Sleep Number was not reliable. We never punctured it by forgetting to deflate, but it wasn’t uncommon to go to sleep and wake up on a rock, or to be completely deflated.
We have the Sleep Number and it has never self-inflated or deflated, ever. We once forgot to lower the pressure before climbing, but there was no damage to the bed and since then we are pretty careful to drop the pressure before going into the mountains. The bed holds its pressure quite well and I much prefer it to the heavier foam mattresses. Everyone is a little different when it comes to sleeping preferences.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #7

I travel in the west, so deflation and inflation are a daily chore. I have also experienced phantom inflation/deflation. I would prefer a high quality non-inflatable mattress.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #8

When (what model year) did they go away from the sleep number the second time. I think 2015 was the last year for a sleep number, then they went to the Temperpedic mattress before finding that it was not rated for motorhome use, and then back to sleep number.... Have they moved away from the sleep number again.... I examined the Entegra Coach web page to try to see how the 18s are equipped but find no reference to what the mattress is. What is the story?

We find that the sleep number, which we have never had before, works OK. With the exception of the problem of trying to remember to deflate it before we make a huge change in elevation, we have had no trouble with it leaking or auto inflating and it has led to reasonably good sleeping.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #9

The 2018s I have toured have a Sleep Number mattress.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Our 2018 has the Sleep Number. We had kept our Tempurpedic but after a week, we're keeping the SN. It sleeps well and DW says she doesn't need me to raise it since it is so much lighter.

Darn - once again I am unnecessary....