Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2017, 04:40 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck1957
2018 Aspires

2018 Aspires

Considering purchase of a new 2018 Aspire 44B.
Any feed back from recent buyers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #2

I have an Insignia 44B. It's essentially the same coach except it has a solid front axel and propane aqua hot. I absolutely love this coach. Sure, it's had a few issues like any coach. There's always the shake out period. But it's a solid product and CS is second to none. You'll love your Aspire
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck1957
Thanks

We currently own a 2015 Aspire which I believe is the same coach you currently have
It also had a few issues
I'm interested in current quality of construction, the difference in the caps if they have created any additional wind noise compared to The classics
Have the radiator issues been resolved
Overall satisfaction in the 2018 units
Window issues?
Old 07-27-2017, 05:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck1957 View Post
Thanks

We currently own a 2015 Aspire which I believe is the same coach you currently have
It also had a few issues
I'm interested in current quality of construction, the difference in the caps if they have created any additional wind noise compared to The classics
Have the radiator issues been resolved
Overall satisfaction in the 2018 units
Window issues?
My Insignia has had little issues, nothing major. I can't compare the noise level, but it's very quiet driving. A few squeaks and rattles, but I have fixed them all. My seat has stopped working lately. Not sure why yet. I believe the rad issue has been addressed
Old 07-27-2017, 05:58 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2018 Aspires

Chuck,
I know you are asking about '18's, but since there only a few changes from the 17's, maybe my experiences will help.

Overall, have been happy with the coach. We have had it 5 Months and have put roughly 4,000 miles on it.

1. The Goodyear tires are horrible. My steers were replaced by Goodyear almost immediately due to being severely out of round. The next set had to be trued by a local shop to get them correct. Pretty sure the 18's have Michelin so you should be good there.

2. Those stupid magnetic ac return vents. A great concept executed poorly. Thought we had them all fixed properly, but 2 more have started to fall. Pretty sure the '18's moved back to the old way (screws).

3. Wind Noise - Horrible at first on both sides. Dealership made a few adjustments on passenger side around then A-Pillar and added sealant around the drivers side window. Some expanding foam was added under the dash in a few places. Wind noise is now nonexistent.

4. No radiator issues on ours, and I believe from reading this forum that issue has been resolved.

5. Generator Slide - Makes horrible clunking noises when making sharp turns or hitting certain types of bumps. I don't know if this has been addressed for the '18's but several people with '17 Aspires have reported this issue.

6. Popping Noise at slow speed hitting bumps. Would love to tell you what the issue is, but so far nobody seems to be able to figure it out. I have an appointment at Entegra this coming Monday to see if they can figure it out. I know of at least 2 other '17 Aspire owners reporting similar issues.By far, the most frustrating thing and my only real complaints have been this issue and the generator slide issue.

I have had the usual chasing down of squeaks, but nothing huge. Most of my issues have been minor in the grand scheme of things.

I have found the fit and finish to be well above average, but not great. How well the coach is insulated is amazing. We have made 3 trips to Louisiana in the Summer and the A/C's have had no problem keeping the coach nice and cool.

Edited to add: Spartan apparently has no money for grease. My dealership used several tubes to lubricate everything.

Hope this helps.

Brian
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:35 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The several upgrades for 2018 beyond 2017 are very nice and of course many more over 2015. Some of Brian's issues are resolved. The exhaust vent in kitchen is very nice and medicine cabinets make sense. I really like the much improved Driver Information Center. No more propane with induction cooktop and diesel Aquahot. IFS and 150 gal tank are big plus.
On the minus side I don't like the matrix system for selecting different feeds to TV.
Although not listed as an option I was able to get a straight 100" sofa instead of L sofa.
My 42DEQ is more roomy than the 44B since the half bath takes so much space. But I understand the need for some to have that half bath.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Went from a '13 Aspire RBQ to a '17 44B. Fit and finish were equal. Many improvements in design. Battery cutoffs, battery location aft and center. Girard awnings are nice. Much better lighting inside and out. Diesel aquahot (400D), no propane tank (more storage). IFS, much higher front GAWR, Roof sealant MUCH improved, etc. Surprisingly I really like having the sani con Macerator now that most of the bugs are worked out.

There was some obvious cost cutting of minor components over my '13, for example bath fans no longer had the integrated rain cover and wireless remote, lower end firefly switches (but I actually like them better), no firefly switch over bed (I added one), entry step trim simplified to reduce fabrication labor, no soap dispensers, and a few other little things like that.

My '17 as delivered tracked straight and true and has near perfect steering. Chassis needed grease as virtually all of them do. Some cockpit noise we didn't have on the '13 from the steps area fixed with some additional foam. Small Hehr Windows in baths delaminated due to improper installation. Some other issues but nothing major.

I think I have the same brand radiator that had the leak issue, but so far no problem (had two replaced on my '13). Shortly after my coach was built (mid 2016) Spartan went to a different brand radiator so that issue should be gone.

Where it counts all is equal or better, the '18 Aspire will be a significant upgrade over your '15 Aspire IMO.

The bigest improvements for me on the '18 over the '17 would be 150gal fuel tank, Michelin tires and optional battery upgrade to 4 L16. The 2018 Aspire chassis only major differences now from a 2017 or older Anthem chassis is the Reyco drive and tag suspensions (vs. Hendrickson) and location of the air tanks (forward on the Aspire, aft on the Anthem). At least that's how it was in April when we took our most recent factory tour.
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Went from a '13 Aspire RBQ to a '17 44B. Fit and finish were equal. Many improvements in design. Battery cutoffs, battery location aft and center. Girard awnings are nice. Much better lighting inside and out. Diesel aquahot (400D), no propane tank (more storage). IFS, much higher front GAWR, Roof sealant MUCH improved, etc. Surprisingly I really like having the sani con Macerator now that most of the bugs are worked out.

There was some obvious cost cutting of minor components over my '13, for example bath fans no longer had the integrated rain cover and wireless remote, lower end firefly switches (but I actually like them better), no firefly switch over bed (I added one), entry step trim simplified to reduce fabrication labor, no soap dispensers, and a few other little things like that.

My '17 as delivered tracked straight and true and has near perfect steering. Chassis needed grease as virtually all of them do. Some cockpit noise we didn't have on the '13 from the steps area fixed with some additional foam. Small Hehr Windows in baths delaminated due to improper installation. Some other issues but nothing major.

I think I have the same brand radiator that had the leak issue, but so far no problem (had two replaced on my '13). Shortly after my coach was built (mid 2016) Spartan went to a different brand radiator so that issue should be gone.

Where it counts all is equal or better, the '18 Aspire will be a significant upgrade over your '15 Aspire IMO.

The bigest improvements for me on the '18 over the '17 would be 150gal fuel tank, Michelin tires and optional battery upgrade to 4 L16. The 2018 Aspire chassis only major differences now from a 2017 or older Anthem chassis is the Reyco drive and tag suspensions (vs. Hendrickson) and location of the air tanks (forward on the Aspire, aft on the Anthem). At least that's how it was in April when we took our most recent factory tour.
Does the ifs drive significantly better than the aolid axle?
Old 07-28-2017, 07:57 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Does the ifs drive significantly better than the aolid axle?
Yeah that's been discussed a lot! For me, initially the difference was noticeable but not dramatic when driving on smooth roads. But over time I have come to have a greater appreciation of the benefits. I think the ride is better, bumps are smoother and handling is improved. Also the wheel cut improvement over the straight axle is more noticeable than I thought. Don't have any data to back it up, but it feels like my 320" wheelbase 44B with IFS can make at least as tight a turn as my 296" 42 RBQ with a straight axle did, if not better.
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #10

We have put 2,000 miles on our new Aspire since taking delivery in April. Mainly just short trips with the exception of one 1,200 mile trip. God willing we will set sail again in October as we are taking the opportunity to make family happy here in Texas until then. These are the issues we have come across since delivery;

Satellite dish stopped communicating with the controller inside.
Aqua hot hot water line burst.
Chassis air line leak.
Alternator charging solenoid was not charging battery bank while driving.
One map light not working
Tecma macerator toilet intermittent power.

The above issues were discovered during the 5 days we stayed at the dealer during delivery. All addressed immediately.

Since then? Nada. Knock on wood 🤛, but we are very pleased with the performance and reliability so far. I came from a straight axle phaeton and the IFS is a show stopper. Steering is slightly janky, but I think it's just a matter of getting used to it and how the coach responds to steering inputs. Easy to over control. Best bet is to just relax and let it happen so to speak. I have learned that instead of whipping the steering wheel left/right to correct a drift just ever so slightly move the wheel in the opposite direction of the drift until you feel a little resistance and then hold what you got. This technique for me has made all the difference in the world.

Personally I think it drives more like a luxury vehicle than a truck like the phaeton. That thing was nice and smooth on a smooth road, but any kind of bumps at all and you felt like you were driving a dump truck.

We are doing lots of mods. I changed out the steer goodyears for Michelin XZA2's and that made the ride even better. We will also have NIRV put Koni shocks on in October when we attend the spartan academy. After we leave the west coast at the first of next year we will travel through Atlanta and have safe T plus add their product to the front suspension.

Hopefully things will continue to go smoothly. We feel like the issues we have experienced so far are normal shake down issues for a new coach and we are not upset with any of these things. O and almost forgot we had the vanity slide end up crooked on us and had to have that adjusted.

Good luck with your coach!!
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #11

And choose the right dealer. One that you can trust and count on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0487.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	170544
Old 07-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #12

You say'in I'm a clown?! I amuse you?!.......
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post

No and no. In fact I don't have the first clue who you are. It was a joke referencing the difficulty one can experience getting into a dealer for service work. It wasn't directed at any one person or any one dealer in particular. It's a joke. Lighten up.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post

Sorry. Jokes on me!! You gotta use one of those emoticons. [emoji3]