Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2017, 07:48 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Bouch
2018 Cornerstone 45B or 45W

I am looking to upgrade to a 2018 Cornerstone from our 2014 Cornerstone. Really torn between 45B and 45W. Our last model was a 45J. I know it is personal choice, but when I ordered the 45J, I did not take into account that the couches do not face the TV, want to make sure I don't make the same mistake.
Bouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I think a 45Y would be best. There is a great slightly used 18 for sale in the classified section.
AMHTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Not to stir the pot but we agree on the 45Y. We had the B - for us we much prefer the Y over the other floorplans.

We also realize that many prefer the 1 1/2 bath models but we like the extra space in other areas.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:26 PM   #4

I have the 45 b and love it...
best tv watching set imo... the l shaped couch has plenty of room
For me and my lady to lay out and watch a movie..
Bath in a half is a must...
Just a well balanced floor plan...
There’s a reason this floor plan brings more money versus the others..
Jmo...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If you want a fireplace and your TV viewable all the time (not sunken in); then go with a B. Personally, I don't need two couches and like that my windows are viewable all the time .... and I really like the fireplace. Much more of a living room type format ... but I have a B, so I'm biased. If I were to get another Entegra, I would get a B again. The washer location is in a better place in the W ... and the closet is longer. However, I just take the clothes out of the washer, put in the dryer and then when done, take them and put them on the bed to fold ... so, the location over the toliet is not a big deal to me. Bigger closet would be nice, but I don't use all the clothes I have it in anyway, so why add more clothes I don't wear? Anyway ... my two cents.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Since you’re polling - the B floor plan is about 60% of Entegra’s sales.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:05 PM   #7

My .02
We had a B floor plan, w/o the jackknife sofa and traded it for the W. It's a more open floor plan than the B. More viewing for the TV too. The only downside that we see (so far) is the path leading to the 1/2 bath is narrower than the B. We also have the soft dinette which we love. Cabinet space is about the same, with the DW and more if you take the DW out. Good luck either way
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #8

I looked at the W at MHSRV last week and while it has some positive features over the B the smaller galley and pantry kill that deal for us. If I was buying 18 I would go 45B with theater seating, sweet!

BTW, the W was listed at $469000 and the B $479000! A used one for $490 is too high.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #9

We bought a "B" and will buy another one. An often not appreciated aspect of the floor plan is a nice large pantry. My DW actually cooks any meal that we dont eat out (probably 90% of time time staying in the coach) and so we have the pantry packed as well as the refrig. Many of the floor plans appear more favorable if you dont cook much in the coach.

My next coach will have motorized "theater seating" in it, but we will be back to the bath and a half. Also, the half bath is an absolute must along with easy access.

Cant do better than the B...... IMHO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I understand Gary - we had the B and loved it also. But there are actually more pantries in the Y with the spice rack. We also love to cook so the new spice rack is packed as is the large pantry.

DW picked the floorplan but I love it. If we needed the 1 1/2 bath it would be the B.

As you said - just our flavor. Chocolate vs. Vanilla
Old 12-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
We bought a "B" and will buy another one. An often not appreciated aspect of the floor plan is a nice large pantry. My DW actually cooks any meal that we dont eat out (probably 90% of time time staying in the coach) and so we have the pantry packed as well as the refrig. Many of the floor plans appear more favorable if you dont cook much in the coach.

My next coach will have motorized "theater seating" in it, but we will be back to the bath and a half. Also, the half bath is an absolute must along with easy access.

Cant do better than the B...... IMHO

Gary
We are foodies and my wife is a great cook. You should see our pantry, omg! If I need something I have to ask or I'll never find it.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #12

Oh, this probably falls in the category of "too much information".

I had colon cancer at 37 which they removed along with half my colon (compliments of my father's genes). And, since I am now officially a geezer, I can attest that "geezerhood" comes with less predictable bathroom behavior for everyone that I know who is a geezer, so you young bucks, keep that in mind as you select a floor plan Things change! That half bath is well worth the loss of a few square feet of floor space.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
But there are actually more pantries in the Y with the spice rack. We also love to cook so the new spice rack is packed as is the large pantry.

The spice rack is gone in the newer Ys. We picked ours up mid-Oct and no spice rack. Pantry(s) space is still huge!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Had a B...liked it. Have an X...love it!
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote