Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Question 2018 Entegra Aspire 44W

Days away from trading my 2014 Forest River 400BH Berkshire for the Aspire. Everything looks great on the coach, is there anyone out there that would share their feelings on Entegra and or the Aspire 44W?
montanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #2

On my second Entegra Coach. Love the coach and post sale customer service has been good. My new-ish 2017 coach has been much better than my previous 2014 coach, so perhaps improving QC in my experience.

The 44W is a fairly uncommon floor plan, so maybe not a lot of replies on that.

Welcome to the family!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:19 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hopefully you have read many previous posts about staying at the dealer until you have checked everything yourself and know how everything operates. Many differences. The 44W is a nice floor plan but lacks fireplace.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanap View Post
Days away from trading my 2014 Forest River 400BH Berkshire for the Aspire. Everything looks great on the coach, is there anyone out there that would share their feelings on Entegra and or the Aspire 44W?
No comments about the 44W but we just traded our 2011 Berkshire 390bh on an Aspire 44R. We will take delivery in the spring but I know you and I and several others have made the transition from the Berk to the Aspire.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #5

We took delivery of a 2017 Aspire in April. We have put 3,000 miles on the coach since then and here is our list;

Discovered at dealer within a few days of delivery;

Tecma toilet intermittent power - fixed before departure
Aqua hot water line leak - fixed before departure
Winegard traveller controller would not communicate with dish - couldn't be fixed before departing dealer. Took it to Texas with us and they fixed it immediately. Thank you NIRVC!!
Map light - fixed before departure
Air leak - fixed before departure

Punch list after driving 1,000 miles;

Screw or some other loose object rattling around in front shade tube while on bumpy road. Fixed at dealer in Texas.
Another issue with a different air leak. Rear suspension goes flat over night. Reported to spartan. They authorized travel to Texas. Item fixed in Texas.
Batteries not being charged while driving- fixed in Texas.

Since then we have put another 2,000 miles on coach and we have just had a few items here and there that have broke. Items so insignificant it does not make any horse sense to take into dealer. I just fixed myself.

Overall no big deal. I consider this to be a very short list for the amount of use/miles we have put on the coach.
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Hopefully you have read many previous posts about staying at the dealer until you have checked everything yourself and know how everything operates. Many differences. The 44W is a nice floor plan but lacks fireplace.
It does have the fireplace if you get the desk/entertainment center.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #7

We have the 2018 Aspire 44W and love it. There was another post about the 44W you could read. We got ours with the desk option which does indeed have a fireplace and allows for a pretty convenient path to the half bath while traveling. Also, easy to use stacked washer/dryer configuration in the rear bath. We have had a few mostly minor issues with ours. Some were just me learning the coach. Entegra has been great with these and we've been really happy with their responses. We've had a lot of compliments on the exterior as well, "Sweet Victory". Good luck to you!
gbrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #8

We were at Middlebury last week having the coach checked out after 18 months and 18,000 miles. We went on two tours of the plant. When we were at March Fest they had a 44W there and my DW really loved with theater seating and sofa. At the plant we went into one that had the slides in.......uh oh....very very narrow gap between sofa and theater seats. Never mind. If this is your choice, make sure you are OK with the narrow path.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Yes two small issues path is narrow when closed (I'm ok with that) and dinning table seats not very long for 4 people plus it doesn't drop down to make a bed. Everything else was unbelievable.

Thank you and enjoy yours.
montanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanap View Post
Yes two small issues path is narrow when closed (I'm ok with that) and dinning table seats not very long for 4 people plus it doesn't drop down to make a bed. Everything else was unbelievable.

Thank you and enjoy yours.
I don’t know if they have any plans to use the same dinette in the 44R in any of the other models, but the expandable dinette in the R is just what we were looking for in a new rig. It makes the unit much more useable for us.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:32 PM   #11

We have around 15,500 miles on our 2017 Aspire 44R. We’ve owned it since August of 2016.

We’ve had a few issues with the house, and a few persistent issues with the chassis.

Fortunately, Entegra has been quite good at supporting their product even if the issues were due to defective components they merely installed.

Spartan has also been responsive and in general pleasant to deal with over the phone.

I can’t speak to the W, but we did experience theater seating in another RV. For us, theater seating is far too limiting. Try to take a nap on that couch.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I can’t speak to the W, but we did experience theater seating in another RV. For us, theater seating is far too limiting. Try to take a nap on that couch.

-Matt
I can tell you from personal experience that I've taken many a fine nap in our theatre seating. The seats recline almost flat. Just put the footrest out to where you are comfortable and off you go.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:47 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2018 Entegra Aspire 44W

We have a 44b we have put 8,000 miles on and have been fighting a dash popping noise issue since we have owned the coach. The coach has been to the dealership several times and spent a week and a half at Entegra. The noises remain to this day. We think we have discovered the problem and are waiting on an Entegra rep to come verify what we have found. Simply put, I have what appears to be a poorly installed windshield. The issue has been extremely frustrating and disappointing considering the amount of money spent on the coach. While attempting to find the issue my dash was also found to have been poorly installed per the shop foreman at Entegra.

Other than that the issues have been relatively minor.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:20 AM   #14

I don't own a aspire but I will give entegra a 5 star rating in overall coach building..

this is a company that has made huge strides to simply build a great coach in ALL departments..

despite issues you will have its still overall the best motorhome for the money ..

just tap on the outside skin and look down in the sunlight on your entegra and then do that on the competition

and instantly you will see a difference... and thats just the start of a great coach... JMO
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra