Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2018, 07:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
The 19ís trim is exactly what the 18 and 17 was. As far as the push in production is concerned, thatís why the plant has expanded 3 times in 5 years. Constant growth is a necessary function of a successful business.
How about we wait and see the quality of construction of the 19ís from actual owners.
The trim in the 19 may be the same as the 18, but it certainly isn't the same as the 17's.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
We have found some minor issues on fit and finish on ours - we have a piece of molding that isn't secured at one end, some corners that are just a little off on the miter, some wallpaper that is lifting at a corner and (as predicted by Chuck) a couple of small mars in the high gloss varnish on the cabinets. So far, and I hope I'm not jinxing us, it's all cosmetic and nothing that can't wait until our first visit to the factory (although I will take care of the wallpaper corners just to prevent it from getting worse). It's still early on - once we get the side lights taken care of we will do a short trip and see how it lives. The couple of days during PDI really wasn't enough although we tried to test as much as we could. And since it's staying in the 80's here in FL and will only get warmer, it's going to be a while before any of the heat gets tested. However, the hot water works well. No paint issues that we have noticed and the caulking around windows looks good. We have had heavy rain - both on the road and stationary - and no water issues have shown up. So far, this one is in better shape than our 17 was.

hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:27 AM   #17

Went around this morning with a wet rag and wiped every wood putty mark off the woodwork.......every nail hole was just smoothed with putty and left......all they had to do was carry a damp cloth and finish the job.... We won't discuss the uneven tile work.......pics showing my slide out kitchen island coming......that will be a warranty fix.......I fixed enough already. At least I didn't pay for anthem or cornerstone.... Still love the coach overall.....detail generation is GONE

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:44 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Yes...forgot to mention that. Every nail hole in the Cobblestone wood finish has a lighter color putty fill. We were told that when the dealer approached Entegra for permission to correct under warranty prior to delivery they were refused and accused of using a pen to put dots on the wood. That one is going back to the factory also.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #19

I don't have any buyers remorse. I am just alittle concerned that the quality of recent builds may not be up to previous standards. This is based on the 3 or 4 2019 Anthems I toured last weekend.
As I stated previously, my 2016 Cornerstone had very few defects when we picked it up from the dealer. Over the 2 years we owned it, I never took it back for any warrantee work and was able to fix a few cosmetic issues on my own. When you pay this much money for a coach, you would expect it to have NO cosmetic issues. These are the easiest for the factory to correct before they ship the coach to the customer. If we as Entegra Customers except these kinds of defects upon delivery, then the factory will never improve their quality. One of the reasons I purchased from Entegra was because of their build quality and overall value.
Hopefully Joyce and Ted are reading these forum posts and relaying the concerns back to the factory management.
Don Houtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Don, also having one on order I am glad you are speaking up on what you saw. Entegra does need to be aware if coaches are being delivered needing finish work.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Houtz View Post
I don't have any buyers remorse. I am just alittle concerned that the quality of recent builds may not be up to previous standards. This is based on the 3 or 4 2019 Anthems I toured last weekend.
As I stated previously, my 2016 Cornerstone had very few defects when we picked it up from the dealer. Over the 2 years we owned it, I never took it back for any warrantee work and was able to fix a few cosmetic issues on my own. When you pay this much money for a coach, you would expect it to have NO cosmetic issues. These are the easiest for the factory to correct before they ship the coach to the customer. If we as Entegra Customers except these kinds of defects upon delivery, then the factory will never improve their quality. One of the reasons I purchased from Entegra was because of their build quality and overall value.
Hopefully Joyce and Ted are reading these forum posts and relaying the concerns back to the factory management.

Never gonna happen... this is the motor home industry across the board... sad but true... 500 grand-item is this way...
Yet u can buy a 12 grand brand new Hyundai and it will never have a issue...
Old 04-16-2018, 01:59 PM   #22

lowejug,

I'll never know. I'm not shopping for a Hyundai. LOL
carcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #23

And every worker gets up in arms when the word ROBOT is talked about.....you can program pride into a robot...... Just saying

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Never gonna happen... this is the motor home industry across the board... sad but true... 500 grand-item is this way...
Buyers can walk way too....just saying, and I don't have a problem with that. If my new coach shows up like my last one, I will not be the owner. I have seen the new QC control building at Entegra. If it is not being used for what it was designed for, then there is a problem. JME
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 04-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Buyers can walk way too....just saying, and I don't have a problem with that. If my new coach shows up like my last one, I will not be the owner. I have seen the new QC control building at Entegra. If it is not being used for what it was designed for, then there is a problem. JME

Chuck, if you have issues with this coach like your last one then you should definitely walk away or maybe even run. You showed patience way beyond what most of us would consider to be the breaking point. If our initial experience is any indication, things are looking pretty good. Of course this weekend will be our first real test so my opinion may be different by Monday but for right now I have no issues.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #26

We were delighted with our 2015 Anthem and wanted to upgrade to the 2019 Anthem and ordered back on 2-27-18 from a dealer 500 miles away. I was told about the 2019 changes and had questioned the quality of the new floor covering and changed my order to carpet after the reports from Perry, GA. The Entegra Web site has not been upgraded and I only have images from the Perry show and really no other Entegra information on the changes. Quality issues on the 2019's have been raised on this on this Web site and still no answers from Entegra via their dealers or Web page...very frustrating.
Trapper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, thank you for remembering and your encouraging words on your new delivery. It was made clear to our dealer and a key representative of Entegra that we expected a "Hyundai type delivery" this time.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 04-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #28

After reading some of the angst about the 2019ís and dealing with my own nervous anticipation of our build to be completed, I reviewed a few of the other motorhomes we have considered. Honestly, I still am 100% in love with our choice. No doubt itís the best bang for the buck. I donít know first hand about the 2019 build quality, however, I assume there will be a few issues. That said the plane I fly lists at 66 million and guess what, there are fit and finish issues as well. So no matter what you pay, things will need tweaked. The difference is and why many of us gravitate to this brand is the post sale service and warranty. Iím certain that any issues will get corrected and we will all have lovely 2019 model year coaches.

G6driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality