Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2018, 10:17 AM   #1

2019 Build Quality?

I have a 2019 Cornerstone on order, so I decided to visit a dealer yesterday to look at some of the 2019 Entegras. One thing I observed was that the build quality (mostly fit and finish) seems to be degrading. I found many places where the wood trim as cut too short, or was loose and not properly attached. I also observed defects in the tile grouting and crooked tiles on the back splash. Some of the cabinet doors were poorly attached and crooked. I am alittle concerned that Entegra may be rushing to complete their backlog and that the details are being overlooked. I had a 2016 Cornerstone prior to my new order, and it was well above in fit and finish compared to the 2019 models I looked at yesterday. Has anyone that has already taken delivery of their 2019 model seen these types of issues?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #2

I see the the same things in the new ones .. cornerstone paint jobs looks like big stickers .. I am sure there still well built but defiantly more mass produced in return seeing what we’re seeing in the fit and finish..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #3

I'm at NIRVC and have looked at some 2019 Cornerstones, and while the "glass" cockpit looks good I wouldn't trade my 2017 for a 19 evenup.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #4

Reason we went with the 18 that we have........almost waited too long.....all the 17's and 18's we went through looked well finished. Just the look of the 19 paint schemes turned us off.

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #5

The 19 lost a lot of nice trim and sconces, plus when I was in the plant I saw a lot of paint errors several weeks ago. I feel the paint shop is over run with production. It is always push harder at every corner there. Also saw 3 area cut outs in the ceiling for the AC system were about 1 inch out of being square. Not so good. Hope for the best for all the new orders.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
The 19 lost a lot of nice trim and sconces, plus when I was in the plant I saw a lot of paint errors several weeks ago. I feel the paint shop is over run with production. It is always push harder at every corner there. Also saw 3 area cut outs in the ceiling for the AC system were about 1 inch out of being square. Not so good. Hope for the best for all the new orders.

The 19’s trim is exactly what the 18 and 17 was. As far as the push in production is concerned, that’s why the plant has expanded 3 times in 5 years. Constant growth is a necessary function of a successful business.
How about we wait and see the quality of construction of the 19’s from actual owners.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
The 19’s trim is exactly what the 18 and 17 was. As far as the push in production is concerned, that’s why the plant has expanded 3 times in 5 years. Constant growth is a necessary function of a successful business.
How about we wait and see the quality of construction of the 19’s from actual owners.
X2 Gary, it will be very loud if the quality is not there. I saw the same quality on the 18's but did not see any bad fit and finish or see any posts regarding that.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #8

Larry, to be completely fair many of the paint “defects” we saw on our walk through were pretty subtle, and completely ordinary for a coach not yet fully completed.

I’m heading back up to get ours on the 24th or 25th, I hope you both are well.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:59 PM   #9

I heard the same thing about the 2018's. Fit and finish is just fine. That isn't to say we haven't had issues. We have, but all minor and mostly vendor related. A couple directly attributable to Entegra were a rear speaker not plugged in and a Bluetooth Mic plug from the X-Cite radio not connected to the core unit. Both easy fixes. Oh, and you might want to lose the 90 degree HDMI connectors to the three HDMI cables that connect to the core unit if Entegra is still using them. Plenty of room for a direct connection.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:11 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I see the the same things in the new ones .. cornerstone paint jobs looks like big stickers ..
I remember saying that at the Ribbon Cutting when the new 2016's were introduced. Said I would never own one of those, gaudy things. The more I saw them the more I liked them and now have one on order.

I didn't care for the less decorated wood when I first saw the inside of an 18, (even posted that) but now my Classic looks gaudy after spending so much time in the 19's at Perry. Don't get me wrong, I still like the better trimmed woodwork, but for us it is time to move up.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:16 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Houtz View Post
I have a 2019 Cornerstone on order, so I decided to visit a dealer yesterday to look at some of the 2019 Entegras. One thing I observed was that the build quality (mostly fit and finish) seems to be degrading. I found many places where the wood trim as cut too short, or was loose and not properly attached. I also observed defects in the tile grouting and crooked tiles on the back splash. Some of the cabinet doors were poorly attached and crooked. I am alittle concerned that Entegra may be rushing to complete their backlog and that the details are being overlooked. I had a 2016 Cornerstone prior to my new order, and it was well above in fit and finish compared to the 2019 models I looked at yesterday. Has anyone that has already taken delivery of their 2019 model seen these types of issues?

Thanks
What dealer did you "visit"? I didn't realize there were 2019's out there "on the lot" already.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:22 AM   #12

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I remember saying that at the Ribbon Cutting when the new 2016's were introduced. Said I would never own one of those, gaudy things. The more I saw them the more I liked them and now have one on order.

I didn't care for the less decorated wood when I first saw the inside of an 18, (even posted that) but now my Classic looks gaudy after spending so much time in the 19's at Perry. Don't get me wrong, I still like the better trimmed woodwork, but for us it is time to move up.
don't get me wrong... I would take a 2019 cornerstone any day of the week..

that all digital dash would be worth it alone.. I just might see the paint jobs growing on me if it was sitting in my driveway.. all entegras are great coaches ....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:38 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
don't get me wrong... I would take a 2019 cornerstone any day of the week..

that all digital dash would be worth it alone.. I just might see the paint jobs growing on me if it was sitting in my driveway.. all entegras are great coaches ....
Karen and I weren't thrilled with the new paint schemes either, but decided the only time we see it is a small area while under the awning. It is close to our existing color that I don't think it will bother us. Outside of pulling up to the coach after being gone, we'll never see the paint scheme. The digital dash I'll see 6-8 hours a day while traveling.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Houtz View Post

Thanks
Don,

You probably got a little buyers remorse. Some of the most difficult motorhome buyers are on this forum, and have moved to the 19. I would not worry you are in good company. And I am sure anything that is not right, will be made right. Congratulations on the new purchase.

Tags
quality