Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #1

2019 Cornerstone ! Hadley air leveling system poor noisy design

Hadley air leveling system poor noisy design!! Spartan chassis tells you that's how it is you have to live with that noise Under your drivers seat. I have a 2019 Cornerstone that has a hissing sound underneath the driver seat thats unbearable. Spartin chassis said that's how it is live with it. The people at Orlando Rv said they could correct the situation. In which Kevin the mechanic there just very simply baffled the noise back farther in the coach.😎😎.I would like to give a big thank you Orando Rv in Orlando Florida for taking the time to correct this situation that Spartan chassis couldn't fix 😡and making my Entegra Cornerstones A quiet coach again.. So with all of you would like to get rid of that hissing sound from the Hadley leveling system as you drive just call Orlando Rv and they can get spartin to fix it for you . Spartan chassis should've known better than to make such a crappy design. And put that leveling system right under the driver seat. Spartin chassis fix your crap .... Entegra coach please tell spartin to fix their crappy design .
PILOTRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
How about posting the exact fix to help others that may experience that problem. What did Kevin do exactly?
When many of us had the loud engine air compressor pop off valve that would scare you half to death if you were at the rear of the coach when it popped off. Many of us added a hose to run under the compartment quieting the noise. We posted photo posts of the fixes and it wasn't long before Entegra and Spartan incorporated that on the new models. If you go back and look at yours, you now have a hose with a muffler attached to that valve laying in the bay.

People helping others so the problems don't continue.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
That's a great suggestion. The sound is particularly noticeable and low speed. Once up to highway speed the road noise masks the sound. In any case, it would be nice to resolve.
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
BSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:18 PM   #4

Here is a picture of the pop off filter on a 2017 model
Old 06-25-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

Lets try again in uploading the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	popoff filter.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	208468  
Old 06-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #6

I think that drier "muffler" they put on would do nothing helpful for the air pressure release that one hears with the Hadley. I have that on my new Cornerstone also. It is nice to get rid of that loud hiss.

I just drove my Cornerstone back from Tyler TX today and I never heard any Hadley air purging or addition. I did hear it with the coach standing still as the DW and I got on and off the coach which makes sense as we were adding and subtracting weight to the coach.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, the post was not about the muffler fixing the Hadley, but what some of us Classic owners shared that got the problem corrected on the new model air dryers. Spartan has had the muffler for awhile, Entegra just wasn't using it.

If there is a fix for a noise Hadley pump...share the fix. It might make it back to Spartan. If nothing else, others can copy it if the noise bothers them.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:59 PM   #8

Did they change the Hadley system after 2015? I can hear some air”hiss” but less than my previous valid system(it seamed to work much faster).i have very minimal noise from the Hadley system. Please tell me the new system is obnoxiously loud(I don’t want to spend the$$ but 2019 model is the first to tempt).....I need to retire not buy a new coach!
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #9

Chuck

I know this thread started out about the Hadley "psssss" sound when leveling the coach. However, then someone changed the topic to a post that dealt with the loud burst that came out of the Wabasco filter I was just wondering what relevance there was from the Wabasco drier to the Hadley system.... The solution would be a similar device?

If you find that Hadley noise objectionable on your new Cornerstone, I will stake you to three fingers of whatever you like to drink when we next meet.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #10

Hissing...

My 2019 Anthem is very very noisy with the hissing you are describing. When I was at Middlebury in May I was told it is normal. After using the coach for another month I just simply couldn’t be at peace with that so I sent an email to see what could be done.
I received a reply last week saying Entegra is aware of the problem and is working on a fix and I would be informed when the fix was available.
I hope RVone in Orlando has shared the fix with the folks in Middlebury. I am pretty confident this will get resolved as it is in direct conflict with Entegras reputation of having the quietest coach on the market and I expect they are working diligently on a satisfactory fix.
Dippelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:25 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, Just what I was referring to. It would be nice if the OP would post the fix so it can get to the right people. They read this forum, or 1/2 the fixes owners have come up with would never have made it on the new models.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:19 AM   #12

I did send a copy of the fix to Don Brubaker at Entegra and to one of the head Spartan officials whether they'll care enough to fix it I do not know����but Orlando Rv done a fabulous job taking care of this problem for me. They told me they contacted Entegra with the fix but nobody called him back.Kevin is the mechanic that fixed it there. I bought my coach from them and they told me when I left the parking lot they would fix it for me and they did ane I so appreciative of them. When spartin chassis told me that's the way it was designed to live with it.
PILOTRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:18 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Fantastic that the fix was sent to Don, thank you. Any chance you could post the fix so other owners would not have to wait for Entegra. That could be a big help.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Fantastic that the fix was sent to Don, thank you. Any chance you could post the fix so other owners would not have to wait for Entegra. That could be a big help.
Ditto what Chuck said! I’ll be picking up my 45Y mid-July from RVOne in Des Moines and would like to let them know what I want them to do BEFORE I get there and do the PDI with them.
Chuck, other than Gary’s suggestion about programming the valor values as if the coach is fully loaded, what else are you going to talk to the dealer about?

Thanks!

Gregg
GreggBuda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, leveling