Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We just downsized from our 2014 Anthem 42-DEQ to the Qwest 24-L and found some interesting things.

This is our first outing of 2k miles and we are gathering a list for the dealer. We have gone from Seattle to Malibu CA and now on the return leg.

One fun fact we found is the amazing taco shaped cutting board that the fine people at Entegra included in the coach to cover the sink and also be used as a cutting board.

Here is a link to a video showing how to use the cutting board.

[url]http://10467-2.b.cdn13.com/Qwest24L.MOV[url]

I will keep you abreast of all the fun things we find in owning the 2019 Entegra
Qwest 24-L.

Happy Travels to all

We just downsized from our 2014 Anthem 42-DEQ to the Qwest 24-L and found some interesting things.

This is our first outing of 2k miles and we are gathering a list for the dealer. We have gone from Seattle to Malibu CA and now on the return leg.

One fun fact we found is the amazing taco shaped cutting board that the fine people at Entegra included in the coach to cover the sink and also be used as a cutting board.

Here is a link to a video showing how to use the cutting board.

http://10467-2.b.cdn13.com/Qwest24L.MOV

I will keep you abreast of all the fun things we find in owning the 2019 Entegra
Qwest 24-L.

Happy Travels to all

On our first outing, we discovered that the dealer had not checked the coolant for the chassis air conditioning, but the good news is that there was a Mercedes dealer on the way and like all Mercedes dealers, it was handled fast and at no cost without any questions. In and out in just less than one hour.

We wanted the Mercedes chassis because of the 3500 diesel. It gets great mileage and the mountains are easily taken at 55 mph towing the Jeep TJ.

There are other issues but then there always are.

I hope this helps.
bremde is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Glad you are enjoying downsizing! That’s quite a jump.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This should be interesting; that’s quite the downsizing. I’m curious about your comments on the cutting board. Sarcasm is sometimes hard to discern in forum posts, but it seems that the rocking motion of the cutting board isn’t exactly a feature that I’d appreciate so I assume your comments were tongue-in-cheek.

I’m also interested in how much activity you’ll see on the Entegra forum as opposed to the Jayco forum with posts about an Entegra Class C coach. I have the same quandary with our new Entegra Odyssey as it had more in common with Jayco than other, larger Entegras.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:09 AM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
I also have a 24L but have a flat cutting board! The most frustating part for me is having a selling/servicing dealer that is clueless, and having the abysmal response to support questions that go back to Jayco. We had about 10 problems on our initial warranty repair visit, of which ithe dealer actually handled 4 correctly. If their plan was make working with them too frustating so that you don't come back, it's working.

As a consequence, I have gone to Jayco with questions. I got electrical drawings/schematics from Jayco, but they were for the Ford version of the unit, not the Mercedes. When questioned, their response was that was all they had, and they are the same anyway. I have a slide switch on the wall by the bath entrance that does nothing. It has wires to it, but nothing on the info from Jayco shows slide details except for the interlock relays. I had a cold weather question about whether there was any sort of heat in the wet bay to protect from freezing, and I never got a response. The manuals are so general that they provide little help. The forums have proven to be my best source of info.

That said, I really like my unit, love the Mercedes vs. the Ford, and have relatively good luck in my trips so far. I don't regret buying the 24L, but just wish the frustration level would be lower. I attribute that mostly to the clueless dealer. From what I see on the forums, this is more likely a normal situation than an unusual one.

I use both the Jayco and the IRV2 forums, and often find the same posts on both.
gzvette61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:55 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Jayco vs Entegra Service Questions

Because we are new to this Qwest 24-L, we haven't reached out to Entegra regarding problems with the house portion yet.

Wouldn't you go directly to Entegra for questions?

Our coach had an entry door that didn't close completely and had air gaps you could hear when driving. We took it back to the dealer and they backed a fork lift up to the door and used a hydraulic ram to shove the door back to fit. Unfortunately it forced the door hinges to miss align and now it is is almost impossible to open or close. They said it would loosen up. After 2,000 miles in our first trip, there is no loosening up at all.

Our plan was to reach out to Entegra directly after this trip to see if there is a solution they can direct the dealer to do.

I am interested in your responses from Entegra and if they offer any help at all.

Thanks to everyone.
bremde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:51 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bremde View Post
Our coach had an entry door that didn't close completely and had air gaps you could hear when driving. We took it back to the dealer and they backed a fork lift up to the door and used a hydraulic ram to shove the door back to fit. Unfortunately it forced the door hinges to miss align and now it is is almost impossible to open or close. They said it would loosen up.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:20 AM   #7

Florida Cooters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Yeah, Entegra seems to be Jayco based on the responses I did get. My first response, electrical documentation, and a later one on wheels came from a Jayco email address.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:42 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzvette61 View Post
Yeah, Entegra seems to be Jayco based on the responses I did get. My first response, electrical documentation, and a later one on wheels came from a Jayco email address.

I called the Entegra customer service number with a question and they transferred the call to Jayco customer service. Makes sense to me.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #9

gzvette61 - I have a 19 Qwest 24L and asked enter for electrical digs/schematics also and got the Ford. Unbelievable. On your slide switch by bath entrance suggest you check slide controller which is located under bed when slide is out. maybe that switch wiring not connected to controller. No heat in wet bay and speaking of wet bay do you see where they put the water filter? behind the wet bay front panel. They left a few inches under panel to reach back to filter. Don't know how I will change that when it comes time. Again unbelievable.
morgant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:16 AM   #10

Florida Cooters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
I was able to change the filter by feel. Luckily, with the filter in the housing, it lined up OK, I took it out again to winterize, and will probably go with a filter on the hose if I have too many issues trying to reinstall. Just frustrating when working at the end of the driveway, will be much more of an issue if I have to try to do something on the road. At on campground out west this fall, we ended up with gunk in the screen filters on the pressure regulator. We were lucky it didn't clog up the filter, as we didn't travel with a spare. All's well that ends well.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:18 AM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
When I get ready for the spring again, I will check out the electrical at the controller. I plan to retorque the electrical connections anyway, so will get more familiar with what's down there.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:58 AM   #12

Glad to hear you were able to reach under wet bay panel to change filter. As you suggest filter on hose maybe way to go. Your planned to trip out west in fall sounds like fun. We are stuck watching grandkid for a while so only weekend trips so far.
morgant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:21 PM   #13

KZ RV Club
Joining the 2020 24L Club

Greetings all. After a lot of research (part of the fun?) we decided on a 2020 Qwest 24L. I found the hard part was not finding information but sorting through it.

If there are others out there I would happy to share our shopping experience. We are about to put our deposit down later this week.
traylorswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 AM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Other than the new chassis changes, are there other changes in the house setup in the 2020's that you found in your research?

Tags
entegra