Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #1

2019 TPMS question

Does anyone know how to set up the coach TPMS so it reads the pressure on the toad? I have a 2013 Edge that has th sensor valves.
Dippelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #2

I'm not sure it can be done , but what do i know I have a 2018. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I possess will chip in.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I was informed by Ted Cook that the sensors for the toads have to be purchased from the TPMS company. The TPMS will read up to 10 additional wheels, but the sensors are extra. The company name is hopefully in the bag of books.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #4

Thank you

Thanks Chuck, I’m headed to Middlebury May 10 for some warranty work so will see if I can get it set up when there. Just getting used to this forum so sent you a thank you reply and then realized they don’t get posted. Not sure I received all the manuals as we took delivery during the Perry event so it was likely one of the first factory orders delivered. Maybe some manuals got missed.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:34 PM   #5

To clarify, we didn’t take delivery at Perry. Our coach arrived late at the dealer and we were supposed to get just before the Perry event and then attend, but the unit was delayed getting to the dealer so we missed Perry.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The new TPMS is made by Valor. I have an Anthem on order. I have not been able to locate a vendor to learn how much they will cost to get them installed inside the tire on the toad.

If anyone has done it please let us know.

Gary
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:15 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a start for contacting Valor for toad extension. IIRC Ted did say they had to be mounted internally. Any tire shop should be able to break the tire down and install them. Motorhomes and Towable RV/Trailers | Valor TPMS
Old 04-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippelj View Post
Thanks Chuck, I’m headed to Middlebury May 10 for some warranty work so will see if I can get it set up when there. Just getting used to this forum so sent you a thank you reply and then realized they don’t get posted. Not sure I received all the manuals as we took delivery during the Perry event so it was likely one of the first factory orders delivered. Maybe some manuals got missed.
Entegra does not have a small tire shop on site, but there is a nice tire shop around the corner on Highway 20. If you have the sensors and installed at the tire shop, I am sure Entegra can help program the dash TPMS. Let us know what you find with the sensors, if Entegra will have them or Valor. I was told from Ted Cook they would have to be purchased from Valor, but everything is subject to change.

The information will be good to know by others that have 19's on order. I will have the sensor ready to install when we pick ours up.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:40 AM   #9

I will share info I find out. Having to mount internally is a bit more involved and I want to make sure doing this will not screw up the vehicle TPMS when driving the car. I’m almost ready for new tires on the toad so will likely do all of this in the fall when I am putting on the new tires just before heading out on our next big trip. I will look for the best deal on sensors between now and then.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:46 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I have on my list to call Valor Monday morning. I have not been able to find prices or suppliers for the extra sensors for the TPMS. I would like to have mine before the coach is delivered, installed locally, then programmed by the dealer at delivery.

I did find a video how the Valor sensors are installed. Might help those with 19's on order that want to be ready to go at delivery. I'll post what I find out.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Let us know what you guys learn.

Gary
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:19 AM   #12

I need to get to this also. Kind of let it be on the back burner but need to get the sensors for the toad and figure out the programming for all. Currently I get a high pressure alarm when the drive axle tires get to around 96-97psi. Definitely too low for that to be happening.
Being that the system and the digital dash are brand new I haven't found a good source of info yet. I've had some instructions emailed but they all related to stand alone systems that had a separate box with buttons you can push for programming the unit.
If I can't figure it out by Homecoming then hopefully by that time they will have it figured out.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygge View Post
I need to get to this also. Kind of let it be on the back burner but need to get the sensors for the toad and figure out the programming for all. Currently I get a high pressure alarm when the drive axle tires get to around 96-97psi. Definitely too low for that to be happening.
Being that the system and the digital dash are brand new I haven't found a good source of info yet. I've had some instructions emailed but they all related to stand alone systems that had a separate box with buttons you can push for programming the unit.
If I can't figure it out by Homecoming then hopefully by that time they will have it figured out.
I would call Spartan on that question. I was told they have more experience with the digital dash. They have been using it and testing it on Firetrucks for a couple of years, and the Essex K-3 for a year. Entegra is just learning the new dash as we are.

I will be calling Valor tomorrow on the toad sensors. I am going to ask if there can be a group discount if a several call in for orders. Can't hurt to ask.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I would call Spartan on that question. I was told they have more experience with the digital dash. They have been using it and testing it on Firetrucks for a couple of years, and the Essex K-3 for a year. Entegra is just learning the new dash as we are.

I will be calling Valor tomorrow on the toad sensors. I am going to ask if there can be a group discount if a several call in for orders. Can't hurt to ask.
That was my thought (calling Spartan) also but Spartan is who sent me the manuals for two separate stand alone units and a version of a Silverleaf dash after I had explained that the system I had was built into a digital dash. After the third one he said that was what they had.

I honestly am not sure if they have a manual yet. I know when I called on another occasion and requested the manual that is on a disc since there wasn't one in my bag of books. They got back to me and said they didn't have one yet due to the changes and it may be in the form of a thumb drive now and it would be sent when available.

Seems strange that there are units on the road but not complete set of manuals, hopefully that'll change soon.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms