Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #1

2019 Vegatouch HVAC Control via app?

As the title says, does the new Vegatouch system and it’s new, low price app allow you to control the HVAC system remotely?
Pwdr Extreme is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2018, 08:18 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I am going to take a half way stab at it and will be interested in the full answer. Ted Cook explained to me that I could control the VT via wifi, I have the Mobley on full time while in storage. I do believe he said the A/C could controlled if there was a wifi connection at the MH.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
2019 Vegatouch HVAC Control via app?

That’s what I heard but I heard it from the same place Chuck did! Ted
Time will tell!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #4

Now that the ‘19’s are out and about, thought I’d bring this up again.

Still wondering if you can control the HVAC system thru an app on your iPad or if you still have to use the main Vega Touch control panel?
Old 05-20-2018, 09:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just took delivery of my 2019 45W.

To answer your question yes, you can control HVAC thru either an iPad an iPhone or of course the Vegatouch.

I also consider myself somewhat experienced in technology. I can tell assure you that the technology installed on the 2019's will keep you occupied. Entegra and Firefly Integrations worked very hard to integrate each and every electronic feature on these coaches.
However, plan on reading your both the owners manuals plus watching lots of YouTubes regarding the tweaking of your TV's, radio, soundbars, Wifi repeaters, etc...

Even after a couple of days of playing with it I still have lots of questions. Nothing bad, just wanting to better understand how the system works plus which screen has what buttons on it plus where that button's located once you get to the proper screen.

Also, please don't think the Vegatouch system doesn't make life easier in both monitoring and operating the coach's systems. Frankly, it's a pretty amazing piece of technology. Especially, its ability to download firmware flash upgrades directly into the Vegatouch system. I know this because I did just that last night. It worked flawlessly.

I think new owners will be impressed. Just take it slow and it's not a bad idea to video any "how-tos" given by the dealership when you're taking delivery.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 05-21-2018, 07:05 AM   #6

That’s great to hear! All in all I’m pretty satisfied with the Vega Touch in my coach, I just wish I could control HVAC via my iPad so I could do it without having to get up in the middle of the night.

I also wish my coach had regular buttons to control lights in the living area so guests could use them. Right now they just use the push button on the dinette light, but it invariably gets turned off in the VT and really confuses them. Lol
Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
That’s great to hear! All in all I’m pretty satisfied with the Vega Touch in my coach, I just wish I could control HVAC via my iPad so I could do it without having to get up in the middle of the night.

I also wish my coach had regular buttons to control lights in the living area so guests could use them. Right now they just use the push button on the dinette light, but it invariably gets turned off in the VT and really confuses them. Lol
That's a really valid question and one I still don't see an answer to?

And if the answer is "yes" you can control the HVAC from the app, can you also see the current actual temps from the app?

And if that's yes, do all the glories work anywhere, even far from the coach?
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:46 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I have the 19 VT owners manual that I tried to post but the file is too. Large. I will see if I can find that in the owners manual today.

It is in the owners manual page 34:
Download Vegatouch Nebula from the App Store or the Google Play store.
Before attempting to pair your device to the coach, you must connect your device to the coach’s wifi.
Once the program has been downloaded and you have connected to the coach, simply scan the QR code to pair your device to the coach. You also have the option to manually login using the Coach ID and Password below.
Remote Data – Tap On to control your coach via the internet while you are away. Note: your coach must be connected to the internet in order to allow remote connectivity.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:12 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
That's a really valid question and one I still don't see an answer to?

And if the answer is "yes" you can control the HVAC from the app, can you also see the current actual temps from the app?

And if that's yes, do all the glories work anywhere, even far from the coach?
Yes, you can see the actual temperatures for all four zones, even on a smart phone. Additionally, as long as your coach is connected to the Internet and you've enabled your Vegatouch access to that Internet connection then you're able to view and change many of those settings from an Internet connected smart phone or tablet.

Keep in mind that a smart phone will have your more basic controls on its screen. A tablet has more, if not most all capabilities while the Vegatouch obviously has all of the controls on its screens.

The app I downloaded is named Vegatouch Nebula and it costs $14.99. I installed it on both my iPhone, my wife's iPhone plus our iPads. They all share a common Apple Store account and login so I only had to pay for it once.

I hope that helps to answer your questions. Let me know if you have any others.

Jim
Old 05-21-2018, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnEllen View Post
Yes, you can see the actual temperatures for all four zones, even on a smart phone. Additionally, as long as your coach is connected to the Internet and you've enabled your Vegatouch access to that Internet connection then you're able to view and change many of those settings from an Internet connected smart phone or tablet.

Keep in mind that a smart phone will have your more basic controls on its screen. A tablet has more, if not most all capabilities while the Vegatouch obviously has all of the controls on its screens.

The app I downloaded is named Vegatouch Nebula and it costs $14.99. I installed it on both my iPhone, my wife's iPhone plus our iPads. They all share a common Apple Store account and login so I only had to pay for it once.

I hope that helps to answer your questions. Let me know if you have any others.

Jim
Great answers Jim, Thanks. Now I just need to convince the wife that we need a new Anthem so we can make sure it never gets too hot for our dogs.
The wife will go for that... sure she will.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:07 AM   #11

Anyway to ask your help on remote access??
CarloB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:38 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloB View Post
I'll try to help, but do list the year and model of your coach.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:34 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloB View Post
Did you view the YouTube video (https://youtu.be/YdTafZMkWBA) that was suggested when you posed a similar request in the thread you started on 1/23?

That might give you guidance in getting remote access set up.

Take care,
Stu