Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
2020 Cornerstone

What's new for 2020?? I did hear that it has a Valid air suspension and E-z steer. Any news and or option suggestions will be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46490 View Post
What's new for 2020?? I did hear that it has a Valid air suspension and E-z steer. Any news and or option suggestions will be appreciated.
Here is all of the news direct from Entegra complete with pictures. https://www.entegracoach.com
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:20 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
What is E-Z steer?
Bill Belanger
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:13 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
What is E-Z steer?
Bill Belanger
Same as Newmar's comfort steer. Might be listed in the link in post #2
Old 04-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks, I just found that. I drove a cornerstone yesterday without it...The salesman didn't even mention E-Z steer when I told him the steering was not comfortable for me after 35,000 miles of comfort steer.

Bill
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Thanks, I just found that. I drove a cornerstone yesterday without it...The salesman didn't even mention E-Z steer when I told him the steering was not comfortable for me after 35,000 miles of comfort steer.

Bill
EZ Steer was just introduced on the 2020 models.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:26 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
FYI, unlike the HWH Active Air System we installed in our Anthem, the Valid system does not correct the ride height of the coach while cornering or braking. The Valid is a definite improvement over the Hadley, but not anywhere close to the HWH which has its own pressurized tank, larger air lines, steering wheel sensor for "Fly Mode" when a large amount of air is needed for the bags, ~75 sensor inputs every second, air bag corrections in under 1-second.
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:17 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
2020 Cornerstone

I have the Valid air on my Allegro Bus and it certainly does correct the ride height and lean on the fly. If I enter a sweeping turn the coach will begin to lean over, and then the system reacts, and it will straighten back up. Same thing when braking hard or entering off angle approaches. It does have about a 1 to 2 second delay before reacting.

It’s true that it does not do it proactively like the HWH does, because it does not have the steering input that the HWH has. It does have full size air lines and unlike the Hadley, you can manually level or tilt your coach. I use it to lean the coach over while fueling for a very quick and easy refuel. Also when dumping, I lean it over and the tanks quickly and fully empty!

It is definitely not as advanced or as quick as the HWH, but it is FAR better than the Hadley system on the coaches I drove!
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
This Valid document says it does not correct during cornering and braking.
JimClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-05-10-17-23.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	244849
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:44 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
This Valid document says it does not correct during cornering and braking.
JimAttachment 244849

Correct, it keeps the coach level overriding the “dumb” mechanical ride height. A mechanical system is dumb and will always try to keeps the ride height the same no matter what.

The Valid system is smart and has a sensor up front that is constantly checking for side to side level while driving. Thus it will allow the “ride height“ to change to keep the coach level. As when in a hard turn, the Valid system overrides the “normal” ride height system, and the airbags on the inside of the turn are actually under the normal ride height and the air bags on the outside are above or higher than the “normal” ride height. This keeps the coach upright thru the sweeping turn. Same thing happens when I get hit with a steady strong side wind. You can hear and feel the coach straighten up after being leaned over to one side.

Having owned coaches without, I don’t think I could go back to a standard air system. I really love the Valid system that came on my coach and I would definitely buy the HWH if I go to a coach without either system! HWH is the best, then the Valid system, then the Hadley.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:46 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The valid system will maintain level during cornering and braking, but will not adjust ride height.

I compared all 3 systems on a test drive a few years ago. I was considering buying a London aire, upgrading from my Dutch star with active air. I drove 2 London Aires, one with Hadley and one with valid.

Hadley was terrible, and almost caused sales guy to soil the seat.
Valid did very good, and only a person used to hwh active air would tell the difference.

I left feeling that if I were to buy the London air, it would be with valid and I would not add active air.

My recent purchase was a 2019 Dutch star, and I did add active air.

I think entegra did a great thing by ditching hadley.

Valid increases the diameter of the air lines, and adds a reactive logic processor that does a very good job.

It lacks the steering input sensor and the extra ping tank capacity for sudden proactive adjustments.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
2020 Cornerstone

Here’s a page from Valid brochure. Notice the last few lines about dynamic suspension control. Also, I am not sure if Tiffin uses the “Anti-dive” option or not.

I agree with RedBaron73 about Entegra ditching the Hadley system. I test drove it on 3 different coaches and got constant “ride height” errors, slow initial air ups, and saw no improvement over a standard mechanical system while driving. It seemed to me it really was only meant for air leveling once you were parked.

Valid TRUELINE Leveling System
with Electronic Ride Enhancement

Trueline Standard Leveling System

Park on an angled surface without worry! The Valid Trueline Leveling System is an automatic system
for leveling any RV that is equipped with an airbag suspension.
• Leading-edge accelerometer technology and exclusive features offer stress-free leveling and eliminate damaging chassis twist.
• Control modules measure chassis twist and convey information to the actuator, which then levels the vehicle.
• Vehicle height can be adjusted after leveling.
• Keypad provides operator control interface and visual feedback on the vehicle’s current status.

Electronic Ride Enhancement

Valid’s Electronic Ride Enhancement System provides all the functionality of the Trueline Leveling System with the added features of a constant ride height monitoring system.

• Real-time assessment of vehicle status: adjustments during travel provide a safe and com- fortable ride.
• As much as 85% less air consumption over standard ride height valve suspensions.
• Quicker leveling than a standard leveling system.
• Accurate re-level function with constant level and height maintenance.
• Set your preferred entry step height after leveling.

Dynamic Suspension Control

• Air suspension devices automatically adjust according to changing road conditions.
• Reduces excessive roll while cornering, and pitch during acceleration and braking to provide a luxurious, high-per- formance ride.
• Anti-dive option limits the amount of dive in forward or reverse motion.