Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #1

42 DLQ livability and quirks

This is a companion thread to the one on the 42 DEQ. Those with the DLQ plan, how do you like it over time? We were pretty set on a DEQ, but have some issues that we're debating.

I found that the dining booth was quite unexpectedly comfortable. In most coaches I've tried, the booths are a disaster. The Entegra booth is nice, especially compared to the table in the DEQ.

My biggest issue with the DLQ is the FP/TV placement, at right angles to the seating. It looks like it was stuck there simply because that was the easiest location. I'm not a TV kind of guy, but DW likes her movies and does not like this plan for that reason. I think that what I'd like is to take a DLQ, move the passenger-side couch forward slightly, and put the TV on a lift behind it, as in the DutchStar 3736, 3738, 4360 and other models. I would then turn the existing entertainment center into more storage, such as in the DEQ. The FP can stay where it is or go, I don't have a strong opinion. This seems like it wouldn't cost too much.

Another option would be to pull the PS couch altogether, put a TV on a lift, and a desk in front of that. The desk installed by the fellow in the mods thread looks quite nice.

Anyway, those of you with a DLQ (or the related RBQ plan) - how do you watch TV and what do you like and dislike about your floor plan?

I heard from a factory rep that more new plans are on the way, but that's both a no-brainer (of course they will have new ones) and not any help unless one wants to wait a year or three.

Tell me what you like and dislike!

Thanks,
dg
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
This is a companion thread to the one on the 42 DEQ. Those with the DLQ plan, how do you like it over time? We were pretty set on a DEQ, but have some issues that we're debating.

I found that the dining booth was quite unexpectedly comfortable. In most coaches I've tried, the booths are a disaster. The Entegra booth is nice, especially compared to the table in the DEQ.

My biggest issue with the DLQ is the FP/TV placement, at right angles to the seating. It looks like it was stuck there simply because that was the easiest location. I'm not a TV kind of guy, but DW likes her movies and does not like this plan for that reason. I think that what I'd like is to take a DLQ, move the passenger-side couch forward slightly, and put the TV on a lift behind it, as in the DutchStar 3736, 3738, 4360 and other models. I would then turn the existing entertainment center into more storage, such as in the DEQ. The FP can stay where it is or go, I don't have a strong opinion. This seems like it wouldn't cost too much.

Another option would be to pull the PS couch altogether, put a TV on a lift, and a desk in front of that. The desk installed by the fellow in the mods thread looks quite nice.

Anyway, those of you with a DLQ (or the related RBQ plan) - how do you watch TV and what do you like and dislike about your floor plan?

I heard from a factory rep that more new plans are on the way, but that's both a no-brainer (of course they will have new ones) and not any help unless one wants to wait a year or three.

Tell me what you like and dislike!

Thanks,

dg

We own a 2014 44
dlq. Having just finished living in it for 5 months we can tell you that we love the large open front cabin. We turn the driver and passenger seats around and they are perfect for tv/fireplace watching. Everyone that come in loves it all. The fireplace is on most mornings when the weather isn't the best. We like the refrig where it is in this model and like the washer/dryer in the bedroom. There is nothing we don't like after the months of continuous use all winter.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:12 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We have the 44DLQ and really like the floorplan. We had the fireplace deleted for more storage. We had the desk option installed as it was still available when we ordered. It is gigantic and we are pleased with that since we are fulltimers. We also had the eurochair option. We turn the driver and passenger seats around for TV viewing and move the eurochairs. Gives a couple of options for seating and TV watching. On the other hand, I find the booth seats too soft and sink into them when sitting there. A little disappointing. Overall we like the floorplan, it is wide open and has a very roomy feel.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We purchased the RBQ and the TV location is fine, I haven't had a stiff or sore neck yet.. DW stretches out on the D/S couch, I use the P/S recliner or sit on the small couch with my feet up on an ottoman, very comfortable for me and I am usually on the laptop or tablet while watching TV.

Another thing we liked about the TV placement it gave us a full wall of windows on the D/S. We are still having a hard time getting use to the darkness of our Anthem and I think the loss of a large window would make it worse for us. We will trade up if they ever release the Natural Cherry in an Anthem.

We are ones that are very pleased that we changed to a booth and have no complaints over our dinette from our Travel Supreme.

The other choice for the RBQ was the DW would not give up her full closet, end of that story. I had no further say.

For Bill, If you would like more stuffing in your booth, this guy is great and local. Tim Bostic 239-560-0603 All American Furniture Repair. He is the one that does booth re-stuffing and rebuilding for Restaurants, etc. He re-stuffed my recliner in the S&B and it is better than new. For others that want a furniture change, these types of services can do wonders. Ask you favorite restaurateur who they use, and they come to you.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:42 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, thanks for that info. I will check him out.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Chuck, thanks for that info. I will check him out.
You are welcome...more than one way to make a MH to our liking.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We love our booth in our RBQ. Hated the table and chairs in our last coach because of the restriction on the one chair. We did have four for dinner and it was cozy in the booth but we usually ate outside if we had guests. I lived in this coach for 3 mos. and never had a problem with getting a stiff neck. I'm not a big TV watcher, but I do like football and I never had a problem seeing the game from either the sofa or loveseat. But my favorite seat was the passenger chair turned around and aimed directly at the big screen. Biggest complaint was that it's not possible to really recline that chair fully, just not enough room. Loved having both the mid TV and front TV tuned to the game so I could see the plays regardless of what I might be doing. For us, the extra half bath and the full closet were the deciding factors. Good luck on your decision....you'll get a great coach!
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
We love our booth in our RBQ. Hated the table and chairs in our last coach because of the restriction on the one chair. We did have four for dinner and it was cozy in the booth but we usually ate outside if we had guests. I lived in this coach for 3 mos. and never had a problem with getting a stiff neck. I'm not a big TV watcher, but I do like football and I never had a problem seeing the game from either the sofa or loveseat. But my favorite seat was the passenger chair turned around and aimed directly at the big screen. Biggest complaint was that it's not possible to really recline that chair fully, just not enough room. Loved having both the mid TV and front TV tuned to the game so I could see the plays regardless of what I might be doing. For us, the extra half bath and the full closet were the deciding factors. Good luck on your decision....you'll get a great coach!

Hdgoldie, like you our 2013 Tuscany had the table and chairs which we thought we'd prefer but after a year we decided to go back to a booth and love it. Just works for us. Steve (42 RBQ)
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote