Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #1

44 B Vanity Slide Cover...type of Caulk?

We have a 2018 44 B Anthem...

Thank you to this forum we got our slide motor bolts tightened on three of our slides...

We still have the Vanity slide to work on.

When we get the cover off and remove the caulking to prevent water from splashing up off the tires what type of caulking do we use when we put everything together to keep the Vanity Slide Motor area watertight?

Thanks!!!
Daphne and Stephen
18Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Silicone.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #3

If the cover is concealed from view then Dicor is a great all around caulking material. Available at just about every trailer supply shop. If the cover is visible then I'd probably use silicone as it's much neater.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:04 PM   #4

Spent a lot of time working on our vanity slide compartment that holds the motor. After replacing the motor from water intrusion, I placed a liberal amount silicone caulk on the edge of the sheet metal that screws up to the box that holds the motor. While in the wheel well, I also siliconed the seals on the other two boxes that holds the gears and arms for the slide.

Once the sheet metal was in place and the silicone was squeezing out, i then smeared it around the edge of the sheet and then covered the screw heads and anywhere I thought that water would enter. It was closed up really tight.

After the silicone setup, I then sprayed the sheet metal cover and the three box’s with automotive rubberized undercoating. I sprayed enough so that everything was good and coated. Didn’t drive the coach for about a week or so to make sure everything was good and dry....So far so good and we’ve driven in some heavy rain since then...
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:55 AM   #5

I have a 2017 Anthem 44B and haven't gotten to that slide motor yet.

I would be very interested in how you get to it. I am guessing you raise the jacks as far as you can in the back, perhaps put some blocks somewhere in case it decides to come down while you are in there, and then go into the wheel well. But then is it above you, towards the front or back, etc. Lots of questions!

Any suggestions as to what works and what tools would be very appreciated.

thanks

Van
Old 05-07-2018, 07:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
I have a 2017 Anthem 44B and haven't gotten to that slide motor yet.

I would be very interested in how you get to it. I am guessing you raise the jacks as far as you can in the back, perhaps put some blocks somewhere in case it decides to come down while you are in there, and then go into the wheel well. But then is it above you, towards the front or back, etc. Lots of questions!

Any suggestions as to what works and what tools would be very appreciated.

thanks

Van
Someone will post the thread about taking the wheel well skirt of to gain access. I didn’t. I placed three blocks under the jack leg and lifted that side of the coach. Since I’m relatively thin, I got up in the wheel well and did the work myself. I made sure I had everything to do the job and it took me about an hour to close and seal things up...
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, slide