Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
OWV

44B Living Room TV

When we arrived at our new campsite yesterday we couldn't get a signal on the main TV; not even the DVR. The other 3 TVs were working, but not the main TV in the living room. The error message said no connection. We checked everything in the compartment under the TV an everything looks good; didn't see any unconnected wires. This prompts us to wonder if maybe something came loose on the back of the TV, which then prompts the question, how do you even see where everything is connected on the back?

On a related note, has anyone installed a swivel base for the 44B living room TV?

As always, thanks for your help.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
As a note on what I saw when I inspected my Anthem.......There is a junction box in the basement right behind where the factory freezer would be installed, mounted on top. Check for a loose HDMI cable at the junction box. This is where all four TV's plug in to get a signal to all the TV's with a single input. My cables were labeled with duct tape, but the labeling was not very clear. I can see where it would be easy to catch a cable loading the basement compartment and pull it loose.

I will cable tie mine to the ceiling and label more clearly which cable goes to which TV.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I have this issue with my DEQ. I know it is a loose connection, most commonly knocked off by slamming the door or, when dry camping, turning the generator on or off. Had it on my punch list and naturally, couldn't be duplicated. I hadn't heard of this junction box near the basement freezer. Will take a look tomorrow, but if someone has a pic go the location, that would be helpful. Tx.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
It is actually an HDMI splitter that takes one HDMI signal and sends it to all four TVs. On my 44SL It is located high up between the frame rails, roughly behind the electric cord reel.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, on the RBQ it was in plain site, between the freezer and electric cord reel between the frame rails. It was easy to access from the freezer side for me. It was about 6 inches long, silver in color with 5 HDMI cables attached. I would gladly take a picture if could, maybe soon
Old 03-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #6
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Dave, on the RBQ it was in plain site, between the freezer and electric cord reel between the frame rails. It was easy to access from the freezer side for me. It was about 6 inches long, silver in color with 5 HDMI cables attached. I would gladly take a picture if could, maybe soon
I just typed a response, but apparently it didn't post so I will try again. First, many thanks for the responses, particularly from Chuck. Thanks to Chuck I went looking in the basement behind the freezer. Attached to the basement ceiling back by the frame rails is the junction box. There is also an ac power adapter (similar in size to a portable computer's power "brick" and an electrical receptacle. All the HDMI cables were secure and the power adapter was plugged in. I also saw a smaller power adapter (similar in size to power adapters that come with small rechargeable items) just hanging from the ceiling. When I plugged it in, the TV worked. It was raining and since the TV was working I didn't take time to trace where that adapter went. BTW, I hung a shelf from the frame rails (like the ones Pat Bauer talked about in another thread) which holds a flat plastic sterlite container. Apparently when I put the plastic container back on the shelf I knocked the small adapter out of the receptacle.

Thanks again for all the help.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
Apparently when I put the plastic container back on the shelf I knocked the small adapter out of the receptacle.

Thanks again for all the help.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem, 44B
Thanks for the update and fix, I am sure it will help others. I thought the same thing about wires and cables being pulled loose when loading the basement when I saw them. I will be taking wire ties with the screw holes to secure those cable to the ceiling.

Now I am curious what power supply that might have been?
Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #8
OWV

Living Room TV Update

Finally got a chance to look at where the two plugs go to. The plug that connects to the "brick" is for Direct TV. The smaller power adapter plug is for the antenna splitter. Hope this helps.

Regards,
OWV, Our Wandering View
Entegra Anthem 44B