Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2017, 10:55 PM   #1

44W

Now that this floor plan has been out for a while, can anyone tell me what the short falls are? All floor plans have issues that we all find after owning them for a while. Although my wife thought she wanted a "B", we're now looking more toward the "W".

Any and all opinions are welcome

dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2017, 02:57 AM   #2

Not a "W" owner... in fact, recently placed a deposit on another brand.

But the "W" is my favorite Entegra floor plan -

> full width wardrobe
> pocket doors instead of exposed doors
> spacious pantry
> televator directly across from the sofa
> salon slide-outs: shallow push-out into my patio

If I were 'clean sheeting' it, I would make the galley about a foot longer, making that sofa shorter, & option a fireplace cabinet under the tv.

And an escape door in the rear bath.

(While we're 'clean sheeting' it, how about a mid-bath, King bed 36 ft version of the "W"?)

Old 09-26-2017, 03:08 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
No fireplace. But a big plus is the washer/dryer is not behind the toilet. A full time friend had it delivered without the sofa on driver side and had very nice recliners from a place near Middlebury. Nicer than the theater seat option. The W seems more spacious in living room area.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:49 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, your are from cold country and use your MH in the winter. Would the lack of the FP bother you? We are also looking at floorplans and that concerned us. We spent this summer in MI where the FP has been used several mornings. Interested in your thoughts.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:53 AM   #5

Chuck, I know you asked Dave but you may recall our 16 Anthem A came with the angled tv over the fireplace and the DW wasn't happy. We removed the fireplace, remodeled that entire area and have not missed the fireplace at all !

On those chilly mornings we have a 1500 watt Lasko tower heater that works great and is much quieter then our fireplace was. Just our opinion !

While we are now very happy with our revised A floor plan both the factory A & W floor plans have shorter kitchen counters then our 16 which in our opinion was a negative change. Anyone thinking of either plan must realize the A passenger side salon slide out extends further out while just the opposite with the W and the W interior gives more of a sense of a full wall slide out. Both plans provide what we think is the best rear bath arrangement.

Were we " upgrading " the W MIGHT win out !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:08 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
All of the single bath Cornerstones have bigger salons since there's no half-bath.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #7

We have the 2018 Aspire 44W AND a fireplace. We got the desk option and love it. It, of course includes a fireplace which I have on right now to take the chill off. Really like the rear bathroom, as previously mentioned. Washing clothes must be far easier than the B which we did look out. Easy to get to half bath while on the road. Nice spacious layout. Sort of wish dinette was on curb side. No big deal there. Very glad we chose the W! Good luck!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrash View Post
We have the 2018 Aspire 44W AND a fireplace. We got the desk option and love it. It, of course includes a fireplace which I have on right now to take the chill off. Really like the rear bathroom, as previously mentioned. Washing clothes must be far easier than the B which we did look out. Easy to get to half bath while on the road. Nice spacious layout. Sort of wish dinette was on curb side. No big deal there. Very glad we chose the W! Good luck!
I agree with everything they said. We also have the W with the desk/entertainment center with fireplace. The W also has the inside appearance of having a full wall slide. Best floor plan in the Entegra line in my OPINION.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good to know about the desk/fireplace option on the Anthem. Don't see that on the website as available on the Aspire. I wonder if it is available but not published.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #10

Quote:
How much walk space is between the two sofas when the slides are in? Are the pocket doors between front and bedroom solid or the frosted glass? Thanks!
Old 09-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #11

We have the desk option, so no opposing sofa up front. With that option, there's plenty of room to get to the half bath without problems. Frosted glass, translucent, in pocket door.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:25 PM   #12

We have the W in the Insignia. Overall, we've been very happy with it. We live in it full time so most of the features that appealed to me have proved to be as important as I thought they would be.
A good sized pantry, the full width closet, location of washer/dryer, plenty of storage.
It is a little tight when the slides are in getting to the back between the sofas, doable though.
I do like the idea of the desk/fireplace option....sounds like something we might like and would give a lot more room when slides are in, dogs wouldn't be too happy though. We have the theater seating, I like it but deleting this and selecting recliners might be a good way to go.
Pocket doors are the frosted glass.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Would love to see photos of the desk/fireplace option. Can't find any on the old "Google" machine. If you don't mind, post a few, I think others would like to see.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #14

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0228.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	177965

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0227.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	177966