Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A?C ceiling vents have weak airflow

I have searched this form and have not been able to locate anything about the problem I am having. Some of the a/c ceiling vents either have no air flow are very weak flow. It appears that most of the vents with this problem are on the passenger side of the coach. There are four vents in the rear bedroom, the two on driver's side have good air flow the two on passenger side have little to none. The ones in the mid ship bathroom have very little flow and the vent in the toilet area has almost no air flow at all. The ones in the front living area are a little better with air flow but some have better flow then others. I have cleaned all the filter vents. Any suggestions as to what I need to look for or do would be greatly appreciated. This is an air flow problem not a cooling problem as the coach maintains a very comfortable temperature.
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy2013 View Post
I have searched this form and have not been able to locate anything about the problem I am having. Some of the a/c ceiling vents either have no air flow are very weak flow. It appears that most of the vents with this problem are on the passenger side of the coach. There are four vents in the rear bedroom, the two on driver's side have good air flow the two on passenger side have little to none. The ones in the mid ship bathroom have very little flow and the vent in the toilet area has almost no air flow at all. The ones in the front living area are a little better with air flow but some have better flow then others. I have cleaned all the filter vents. Any suggestions as to what I need to look for or do would be greatly appreciated. This is an air flow problem not a cooling problem as the coach maintains a very comfortable temperature.
Entegra had a time during 2013-14 where they received some inferior duct work from their supplier. The inferior duct work was very soft and would collapse when the ceiling insulation and roof was installed. I had a DLQ and they took the roof off and installed new duct work.
If you look through a vent and the duct work is shiny like aluminum foil it is good. If it's a dull grey color and feels soft it's bad.
You can confirm being collapsed with a camera with probe.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on what Rollin said. Also in 2014 there was some bad tape on some of the ducts. There were posts on what some had to do to re-tape their ducts.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:02 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the info, will look again to see the color of the duct work. I think it is the dull grey color.
So I am to assum that the only fix is removing the roof, which I am thinking is not a DIY project, LOL!!. Will also try and locate an inspection camera to confirm the extent of the problem.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy2013 View Post
Thanks for the info, will look again to see the color of the duct work. I think it is the dull grey color.
So I am to assum that the only fix is removing the roof, which I am thinking is not a DIY project, LOL!!. Will also try and locate an inspection camera to confirm the extent of the problem.
I think they have come up with a different "fix" by sticking little lengths of tubing in the ducting to try to open them. I don't put any confidence in that fix, but that's probably what you're facing, especially since it's a 2014. Good luck
Old 08-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
You might also get on a maintenance schedule where you clean your air filters at least MONTHLY! And I don't mean using the vacuum cleaner on them. That does NOT clean the. They need to be removed and cleaned!

That's why I did the return air mod with magnetic fasteners it turns a half a day job into a half hour job. I have several sets of filters, and just switch the dirty ones with clean ones. Then after I'm done, wash the filters in the washing machine with some rags. You can purchase additional filter media at Lowes, Home Depot, etc!
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I think they have come up with a different "fix" by sticking little lengths of tubing in the ducting to try to open them. I don't put any confidence in that fix, but that's probably what you're facing, especially since it's a 2014. Good luck
Thanks for the suggestion Rollin101, will give it a try.

You might also get on a maintenance schedule where you clean your air filters at least MONTHLY! And I don't mean using the vacuum cleaner on them. That does NOT clean the. They need to be removed and cleaned!

wmpbauer, I purchased the unit in May 2017 and one of the first things I did was remove all the filter vents and washed them. Will look into doing the magnet thing, as removing all the screws gets old and eventually will strip out the screw holes. Thanks for your response and suggestion.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
The replacement filters Pat is referring to. 4 in. x 12 in. Vent Filters (12-Pack)-WVENT - The Home Depot

I just changed mine yesterday after being parked on the non dusty shores of Lake Michigan for a month. They were filthy, the filters looked like we had spent the month in the Mojave Desert.

Let us know what you find with the vents. I looked for the post regarding taping the ducts, but I couldn't find it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:05 AM   #9

On some coaches the air conditioner flow is on one side of the coach and the return duct is on the other.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyian View Post
On some coaches the air conditioner flow is on one side of the coach and the return duct is on the other.
Not on Entegra.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
You can also take off the vent and then get a flashlight and take a picture of the duct work with your phone. That way you can tell if it is indeed something to do with the duct work. The duct work actually connects, so you can take the light and put it at one of the vents and take a picture at the "connecting" vent and see if you get light. I lost one of my "vent covers" via the coming on of the a/c while I was replacing the filters (I know, a bit crazy) ... but that is how I found my vent cover, laying close to another opening! Good luck and let us know what you find out.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, ceiling, vent