Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2016, 04:51 AM   #15

Hitch is removed, caps welded to the 2.5x4 inch extensions and welded to the supplied saddle brackets. Today we weld the extensions to the frame of the Anthem. I will post the photo's as soon as I learn how to attach them to the thread. So far I have $110.00 into the steel, $20.00 for welding rods, $10.00 for grey hammer spray paint and $20.00 for beer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2016, 05:01 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading View Post
I have a hydra lift on my jayco Seneca and my Harley bounced out of the latch twice damaging the tow bar and car I was towing. Check to see if they came up with a better latch Assy.
Hey off-roading, you mean the safety lock arm came out of the locked position? That happened to me due to the safety lock retaining screw having fallen out. When I contacted Hydralift, they immediately sent a new version of the lock arms. Since my lift was only a couple months old, now maybe 6 months old, perhaps yours are also the prior version.

When my lift came "unlocked" it slowly started sinking to the ground. Luckily my DW was following me at the time and noticed it before it actually hit the ground as I was traveling on the interstate. And also luckily, I had previously gotten a slower sinking lift valve from HL, so I had a little more time than stock to get to the side of I-75.

(Sorry for the thread derail but since this is a real safety item I thought it should be posted publicly and not via private message.)

So back on topic, Look fwd to following your custom installation.
trimacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimacon View Post
When I contacted Hydralift, they immediately sent a new version of the lock arms.
Any chance you could post a picture of the new version of the arm locks? Getting ready to head out and would like to see if it warrants an upgrade to my lift....

Thanks
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
Any chance you could post a picture of the new version of the arm locks? Getting ready to head out and would like to see if it warrants an upgrade to my lift....

Thanks
+1
Old 08-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post

Thanks
I'd like to see one as well. Here's what mine looks like. I'm not understanding how others can "jump" out of this setup as both points A and B provide resistance to up or down traversal. Hard to imagine the pin in A popping out of there since there's so much weight on that point, plus the tie-downs to the lift platform keep the bike as one with the lift platform itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	318.8 KB
ID:	135642  
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:21 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
sorry for the late reply, i'll post as a new thread so we don't continue to hijack this new install thread. sorry been away from pc
Old 09-23-2016, 07:41 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's the new arm w/a more aggressive shape to lock onto the pin:

Here's how I installed lights, low profile on side & bottom (so they are visible even w/lift in vertical position w/ch blocks my coach tail lights):
Old 09-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #22

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I'd like to see one as well. Here's what mine looks like. I'm not understanding how others can "jump" out of this setup as both points A and B provide resistance to up or down traversal. Hard to imagine the pin in A popping out of there since there's so much weight on that point, plus the tie-downs to the lift platform keep the bike as one with the lift platform itself.
here's the pin shifted:

here's the endcap w/the screw missing, allowing the pin to float and shift in the pic above:

here's the lock arm almost unseated when the pin had shifted:

heres the bike almost to the ground when the lift had become unseated & lowered itself, w/ch thankfully we realized before catastrophe at highway speed:

Tags
install