Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

AC breaker keeps tripping

I'm on a trip right now and plugged into good 50 amp power. Everything is working fine except every time the rear AC unit comes on, it trips the circuit breaker for that AC unit. The front two AC units are working fine.

Anybody ever have this issue, or any ideas how to troubleshoot it? I tried it on both shore power and the generator, and it trips either way.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #2

Sounds like a warranty problem , particularly on both gen set and shore power. Start up load too high on that A/C unit's compressor.

Will it start if both other A/c units are off?
Old 07-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

I'm trying it now with the other two turned off. So far it's running. I just spoke to Entegra after hours CS, and they said they would try to find a local service company to come here tomorrow to look at it. (We're at Disney World right now). I'll let you know how it turns out.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
a new circuit breaker is pretty cheap-& easy to replace-I would try that. If you are out of warranty.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If you are a bit handy and have the tools, you can check how much current the rear A/C draws when it's running, it will give you a good indication about where to start looking.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #6

Does it trip right away or does it run a while then trip?
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #7

High current or a bad breaker. New breaker maybe 7 dollars and 15 minutes to install.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

My front AC circuit breaker gripped continuously. Took coach to Beaver coach Sales and Service to diagnose problem. Entire unite was replaced under warranty.

Peter Collins
Woodland WA
2014 Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #9

Check how hot the breaker and box is (Disney s box and breaker) we had a simalar issue (a few years ago in a different coach) at disney fortwildernes they (disney repair guy)said we were trying to use to much power, told them we had a pms made them change the breaker at the plug in and had no more problems. Two of yourmAC units are on one leg of 50 amp service the third ac is on the otber leg,a bad post breaker can cause the problem. Oh if you want to trade I will deal with your circuit breaker issue you deal with my no lunch doublemboomed schedule mthis week(a bad week at disney is better than a good week at work)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:55 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Does it trip right away or does it run for a few minutes first?

REASON FOR ASKING:
Trips right away indicates a problem the A/C of the "needs professional level help" note: Many forum members are professional level help.. Myself included when I feel like getting that deep into it.

But if it takes a few mintues (I always like to care for the easy stuff first) it may just need cleaning.. Epically the condenser.

This is a rooftop job.. Remove covers (outer and inner) clean,,Replace coers.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:13 AM   #11
YC1

Enjoy your stay and be sure to see the Hoop-de-do Review right at the campground.

There should be plenty of mobile rv repair people available. Just ask at the check in counter.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #12

FWIW the first thing I would do is replace the breaker. You should have a spare on board anyway. Breakers are known for de-rating themselves with multiple trips.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
Check how hot the breaker and box is (Disney s box and breaker) we had a simalar issue (a few years ago in a different coach) at disney fortwildernes they (disney repair guy)said we were trying to use to much power, told them we had a pms made them change the breaker at the plug in and had no more problems. Two of yourmAC units are on one leg of 50 amp service the third ac is on the otber leg,a bad post breaker can cause the problem. Oh if you want to trade I will deal with your circuit breaker issue you deal with my no lunch doublemboomed schedule mthis week(a bad week at disney is better than a good week at work)
X2 on Tom's suggestion, we had the same problem a couple of years ago at a KOA in Alabama, they changed the 50 amp breaker and the problem was resolved. If you haven't had any trouble at your previous parks it's a good chance it's the 50 amp breaker on the park pedestal.
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question: does it trip right away or does it take a few minuites:

Right away: Since you have a 2015 Find a dealer and let him fix it under warranty.

IN a few minutes: Pop the covers (Outer up on the roof and inner cover over condenser) inspect and clean if needed.. If that is not the problem see "Right Away".