Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #1

Unhappy AC Problems

We have been having several problems with our 2012 Aspire since we took delivery last month. We will be taking back to Lazydays for repairs so we need your input.
1. Very loud and vibrating, can hear rattles all over coach. Has anyone had the kits installed to help with the vibrating?
2. Water ponds on roof on only comes out the overflow section on front and rear of coach occasionally. Was told by factory this was because of the hotter weather. Cannot buy that explanation. Anyone else with this problem and what is the fix?
3. At night the units cycle on and off every 3 or 4 minutes. We never experienced this before and do not think it is normal.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. If we pull together and help each other we can solve some of our problems.
nathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #2

Ours do cycle more than on previous coaches, we think it may be the way the thermostat range is set for the ac to start and stop. We bypass the problem (noise starting and stopping, fan vs no fan) by setting the fan to high at night so it puts out a consistent noise level all night, works for us as it drowns out any outside noises. We have not had the vibrating and rattling that you describe, nor have we had the water ponding on the roof, even in humid weather the drains at the front and back of the coach seem to get rid of all of the water, so there should be a fix for that problem, perhaps the drains are partially stopped up or the opening partially blocked at the ac pans.
Hope you get to the bottom of your problems soon as all of those would be annoying. I would call Don Brubaker or Joyce Skinner at Entegra again and seek their help in getting this solved. All coaches have problems, the true test of a manufacturer is how they take care of them, and my experience with Entegra has been that they do not rest until they have the problems taken care of.

Gene
Old 08-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Excessive vibration is not uncommon and probably more a reflection of cheap construction from Dometic. My vibration was a result of a loose motor. Blower motor wheels out of balance are also a cause. Have Lazydays chase down what is causing the vibration.
As far as the cycling is concerned, it is probably doing exactly what it should be doing. Mine also does this in the evening because with the sun down, the inside cools down pretty fast but the walls and ceiling are holding heat. You will notice that probably 2 of the thermistors for sensing temperature are on the outside wall where it can sense the air temperature as well as the wall temperature. If memory serves me correctly, the thermostat set points are 2 degrees. Which is pretty tight for the mounting location of the thermistors. This is why your house never has a thermostat on an outside wall. All the thermistor locations in my Entegra leave a lot to be desired! But they already know it! I uncovered 2 of my thermistors and it helped a little. My third unit thermistor is in an absolute stupid place but that's another story.
I don't really understand what you mean with water ponding issue. Perhaps a few more details?
Gary
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We haven't noticed the quick cycling at night (and our thermistors are not on outside walls) but we do have one unit that vibrates enough to drown out the TV and all conversation. It will be going in the shop as soon as we return home. I've seen other postings that indicate that there is a fix for the vibration....we figure it can be fixed or replaced since two of the units run without much vibration and the third is deafening.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #5

our #1 and #3 a/c's vibrated, noisey, etc. dealer tightened up the nuts and bolts, etc...helped quite a bit.. But still have the virbration kits on order from Dometic, hoping that this fix will quite them even more....