Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2019, 08:52 PM   #85

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, I just don't see the problem. I drove through Sarasota on I-75 Friday, peak of Snowbird season, I-75 under construction cruise set at 68. I changed lanes when I saw slow traffic in front, no problems. The ACC took me through that mess at the flow of traffic averaged 65 mph and never had to do a thing. The jake was turned off for a smooth ride when the ACC did it's thing.. After the Sarasota construction area, I was back to 68 mph and never did a thing, didn't even touch the brake peddle. Tampa traffic was also a cake walk.

If you are having that many problems with yours, it either doesn't work or it has been messed with so much and is totally out of calibration. Mine is an absolute dream to drive in congested traffic. I would not go back to my classic over this for anything. I can still see to change lanes, as I did before, and not wait until I am 10 MPH slower before I realize I should have changed lanes. If I am going through a major city with traffic, I am not going to have cruise control on anyhow unless the traffic is lite or flowing decent.

As for driving in heavy rain, I won't be able to answer that. I haven't found a thing that driving in torrential rain has ever fixed. So I stay out of it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2019, 10:33 PM   #86

Entegra Owners Club
I have to say that I absolutely would not have another coach without it. Very pleased but must say that I have had it in my cars for quite a few years now so it never felt foreign and there was no learning curve for me. I did have it error once in one of those torrential Florida rainstorms, but that has happened in my Mercedes also. It dried out and haven’t experienced again.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #87

I don’t have an Entegra anymore but I have a similar system in my New Aire and I love it BECAUSE I have it in my F150 and my MKX toads and I really like having nearly the same technology and safety features in all my vehicles so that I can count on them working the same and not have to remind myself which I am in or worse depend on it and be in a vehicle that does not have it. Not a great explanation or reason but at 73 I try to take every advantage I can get. Definitely takes some adaption and getting used to and forfeiting some independence(or put up with the coach thinking it know more than someone who has been driving for 60 years). So I totally understand your dislike and frustration Gary, I would have likely had that same view 5 years ago. Still feel very capable and confident, just reflexes are bound to be a little slower and want every little help feature I can get to keep me on my toes. You DO still need to think for you and that other guy all the time and plan and drive a mile or so ahead and some distance behind you, not to mention both sides. All JMHO
Old 01-14-2019, 05:51 AM   #88

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I want to know if it works or not..... if it faults or not.

Gary
Mine did fault one time after the front end shop reset the front end sensor after an alignment much like you just experienced with the shut down of the system

Parking overnight and shutting down cured the error codes. Something the tech missed was a "reboot". He shut the engine off, but not 12v.

To test that it worked, drove up 1-75 for 50 miles, lots of slow truck traffic coming from the scales, worked perfect. Came home on US 41 from Port Charlotte. For those that know FL, enough said
I wanted to see if the ACC would work in bumper to bumper highway traffic after the reprogram. It was flawless all the way home.
I hope other inputs will help get yours working correctly.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #89

At this point, the issue of whether others like it or don't like it is not the issue. I am trying to decide if a system that I don't like and makes little sense to me is never-the-less working correctly or not. That is really an issue of failures of the system. And I appreciate the comments so far and hope to get 30 more from owners of Entegra or Newmar coaches with this specific version of the WABCO OnGuard system and who have put some miles on their coach and have had a chance to see it operate. I have now put about 14,000 miles on my coach this first 7 months.... that is unusually high mileage for me. Those miles have been on the congested east coast and now in the west. I don't need help driving this coach yet. I will get there, but at this point, I am very comfortable taking full responsibility of my coach. And I have nothing but respect for anyone who prefers something else. Fine.

The issue for me now is very simple: Is my system typical or is it a defective system that needs to be replaced. My problem is that I cannot drive any one else's coach for 1000 miles in rain and (yuk) snow, heavy and light traffic and see what it does. So my only resource is to ask other owners, regardless of whether they like it or not, does it WORK and work reliably, or does it fault randomly. Mine faults randomly. It faults in nice conditions, it faults in heavy rain, it faults when the ACC and CMS are doing their thing controlling the coach, , It faults when I have ACC defaulted and OFCCC and CMS are doing their thing, and it faults for no reason. I would guess at this point that it has faulted at least 10-15 total times under various conditions in 14,000 miles and 7 months and has cost me 2 total weeks sitting in a repair shop. Now, if others like it or hate it is irrelevant, but if everyone elses' faults like mine, then it is a system or wiring or something's problem. If other's systems don't fault, then I need to define my specific system as junk and demand that it be replaced.

I appreciate everyone else's feedback. From the three or four responses, it seems that your systems are not faulting except in rain (and that is commonly reported). If I hear that 5 or 6 more times, I know where I am going to get this resolved.

As usual, thanks in advance.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #90

Gary - Nowabeachbum)....

As i just explained, on and off is not the issue, but where precisely is the "Off" control or button you say you have? Please describe or send me a picture of its location as I don't know where it is.

Gary
Old 01-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #91

Entegra Owners Club
Seems pretty obvious that if you’ve had 10 faults, there is something wrong with your system! I haven’t put many miles on this coach but I’ve had the same system in 2 previous coaches. We had a major failure on the 2017 where the cms activated while running down the road, pretty scary when the brakes apply for no reason! It was later recalled for having the radar installed upside down. Other than that, we have never had an issue and have well over 20000 miles combined on all the coaches, sometimes in rain but never snow!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #92

Entegra Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1085.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	231957

The toggle button controls the acc
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #93

That I have known about for all 7 months. OK, thanks. That is not a system on/off switch.... that supposedly disables the ACC but keeps the CMS operational. I thought you were saying that your coach had something else also that really turned the OnGuard system off. No such switch or luck.

OK, thanks

Gary
Old 01-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #94

Gary I know this is not the same but I have a 2016 Tahoe with ACC. The first 6 months it crashed all the time. Took it back to dealer number of times, I took pictures of the error messages, time and weather. Every time I got it to the dealer they said no problem with it, working perfect and did not show any error messages in history. Got when it would screw up I would head to the nearest dealer to show them. They would off the record tell me they thought it was the radar unit but Chev would not let them change it out unless they could prove it was defective. Finally they installed a new radar unit and that ended my problems. Since then it has been working almost perfect.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #95

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, I watched this post for 24 hours to see if any others were having the problems you have been experiencing. No other posts having problems with Entegras or Newmars. I know how frustrating that can be, been there with "Aqua Hot Fluid Turned to Sludge" a year with no heat and six months out of my life as to why. But there were a lot of others with the sludge and motor problems that AH changed back to Buhler motors.

JMO and as Turbojack mentioned, the unit needs to go back for total calibration or replacement if it's not the driving style, which would not cause lock ups of the system. If it hasn't been started, a complete photo diary of the dash lock ups, even the dash shows the time of what happens when, needs to be sent to the manufacture.

Having experienced an all amber screen shut down, from a missed step in clearing a code, the system does not work. When it is working as designed, as other posts have stated, it makes the MH enjoyable to drive in congested areas. Stop and go traffic, follow the trucks at a safe distance with everything turned off.
Just a suggestion having driven a system that is working properly.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #96

Entegra Owners Club
"I appreciate everyone else's feedback. From the three or four responses, it seems that your systems are not faulting except in rain (and that is commonly reported). If I hear that 5 or 6 more times, I know where I am going to get this resolved."

Hello Gary, My head is spinning after reading this entire post and sorry to hear of the issues you have been having and the delays in your travels. We pick up on our new 2019 CS in early February in TX and will be putting several thousand miles on it before we get back to FL for Daytona Bike Week and then will be heading back west to AZ in April. I hope your issues are long resolved by then, but I will definitely report anything that we experience with any issues as I intentionally waited for the 2019 vs 2018 to have the option to turn off the auto cruise feature and have just old fashion cruise control. Safe Travels. Kyle
Kmussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:17 AM   #97

I have a couple of follow-up observations.

1.) My WABCO OnGuard RADAR system has now been defined by me, Spartan, and Entegra as a defective unit or a defective wiring harness and sensors and Spartan is making significant moves to try to resolve my problems with minimal problems to me (a trip back to Michigan).

2.) For reasons that I dont know, my system will now let me move into ACC defeat mode without rolling down a hill in ACC cruise mode. Now, before I start moving, but with the engine running, I have been able to shift into "ACC Defeated mode" before I put the coach into drive and begin to move. I am out in Arizona at this point and on the much less cluttered highways of Arizona, New Mexico, and west Texas were "OFCCC" cruise is nice, and actually, even ACC cruise control is pretty good.

3.) As an aside, I am sitting in a repair shop parking lot again for three days to get two issues resolved. So far, I have not yet been able to take a trip without spending at least 3 to ~15 days in repair shops during the trip.

Gary
Old 01-29-2019, 03:48 PM   #98

[QUOTE=Gary.Jones;4611832

3.) As an aside, I am sitting in a repair shop parking lot again for three days to get two issues resolved. So far, I have not yet been able to take a trip without spending at least 3 to ~15 days in repair shops during the trip.

Gary[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear of all of your problems. I know having unplanned service stays are not fun when you are away from home.

Are we going to get a new thread on these latest 2 issues?

Tags
ada, cruise control