Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2019, 03:33 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Gary,

I found out that the radar unit itself had shifted to the left, causing the CMS fault. I reset the unit so that it faced forward in the required orientation. I talked to support and learned that it would require realignment using software. So I bit the bullet, bought the necessary software and the correct connector. It wasn't cheap, but I can now align the Radar unit myself, no shop appointment required. I ran the software and the system now works perfectly.
Got my attention. Please tell us more. How did you figure out the radar unit had shifted? Where & how much was the software. How easy was it to do?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #114

Any chance that the software could be made to do the opposite of making it better......!!!! .????? That is, to de-tune it or do something that would make it stop working ( e.g., simply stated: to turn it off? and make it “go away”.

If so, I would be willing to pay you a reasonable fee to make my RADAR unit non-operational..... Seriously.

I would want regular old fashion classic cruise control (OFCCC) to still work but make all this new fangled CMS/ACC junk go away.... Priceless!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:00 AM   #115

Entegra Owners Club
I now have the alarm problem. I just got hearing aids, now I will be able to hear the alarm others have complained about that I couldn't hear before. At least I can turn the hearing aids off which for me is like turning the alarm off.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 07:17 AM   #116

Sorry to hear about the hearing aides (I need one too but am still resisting and depending on one good ear). and congrats on still being able to turn them off (although that may work for your better half also -- If you get one of the upgrades done to the dash, you can now turn that obnoxious alarm down to a reasonable level... what you cant do it program it to sound itself twice or three times and then shut up (which would be the other solution).... its still continuous until you comply with what the design engineer thought was reasonable occurs...

Have fun!

(I'm going to have to look into how much that software costs).

Gary
Old 12-07-2019, 07:41 AM   #117

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, the hearing aids are the best thing I have ever done. I wish I would have done it years ago. The new ones are so small you don't even know you are wearing them, nor does anyone else. I can't believe how much I was not hearing and missing before.

I will have the upgrade done to the alarm when we go up for our AIM. As for the software, can it be shareware?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 12-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #118

Distracted has not come back to fill us in on the details yet. --

Gary
Old 12-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #119

Entegra Owners Club
ACC Adaptive Cruise Control and CMS Collision Mitigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Gary, the hearing aids are the best thing I have ever done. I wish I would have done it years ago. The new ones are so small you don't even know you are wearing them, nor does anyone else. I can't believe how much I was not hearing and missing before.

I got my hearing aids almost six years ago (too many years with loud pipes and no ear protection...who knew?). It took me two years to work up to my full prescription level - and my hearing wasn't supposed to be that bad! Shocked me on what I wasn't hearing! But I don't understand why people seem to have little or no issue with wearing glasses but are resistant to hearing aids. Good for you Chuck! Your CS will still be the quietest coach, just with occasional alarms [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #120

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
I got my hearing aids almost six years ago (too many years with loud pipes and no ear protection...who knew?). It took me two years to work up to my full prescription level - and my hearing wasn't supposed to be that bad! Shocked me on what I wasn't hearing! But I don't understand why people seem to have little or no issue with wearing glasses but are resistant to hearing aids. Good for you Chuck! Your CS will still be the quietest coach, just with occasional alarms [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
See, I didn't know you had aids, never noticed them.👍 I am still one click below prescription. I hope the CS is still as quiet. 😊
Old 12-08-2019, 02:35 AM   #121

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Distracted has not come back to fill us in on the details yet. --

Gary
The software functions do not appear to allow you to disable ACC/CMS. It is menu driven ans does not appear to have that option. I will take a closer look tomorrow and let you know. The software is about $400 for a lifetime license. The catch is that you must have the correct protocol adapter to connect the coach to your computer. There are several available, all priced near $600.

As for the beeping sound that Chuck refers to, I too was plagued by it, and solved the problem by pulling the 2 amp CMS fuse from the fuse panel in the compartment just ahead of the left from tire. Beeping and flashing light just went away.
After I reconfigured my radar alignment, of course the beeping stopped, as the system was nominal.
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:41 AM   #122

Entegra Owners Club
[QUOTE=Gary.Jones;5065682]Any chance that the software could be made to do the opposite of making it better......!!!! .????? That is, to de-tune it or do something that would make it stop working ( e.g., simply stated: to turn it off? and make it “go away”.

If so, I would be willing to pay you a reasonable fee to make my RADAR unit non-operational..... Seriously.

I would want regular old fashion classic cruise control (OFCCC) to still work but make all this new fangled CMS/ACC junk go away.... Priceless!

Gary[/QUO

Gary,

On my 2019 CS, I have an option to turn ACC off, and just have regular old CC. The C youMS is still active, but is not directly coupled to the CC. At least that is how I understand the option to work.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #123

I know mine can be turned off, and that is the way that my coach is configured 98% of the time. I just burns me up that some company and some set of engineers has decided that they are going to add crap to my coach that I dont want and dont need. I paid for it, I own it (the coach) but now I don't have the right to make one of its systems go away???? That is true, because the company's right to protect itself legally since they put it on, that "trumps" my right to make it go away.

I have learned that I can live with the CMS although I think it still is a POS. Anyone who has it, let me suggest that you get and read through the owners manual. It is filled with legalese. There are probably 10 pages of warning of what the system cannot be expected to do. For example, it will not detect a child on a bicycle (that would seem important, but is specifically not something CMS will detect), a bridge abutment, a "semi" sitting sideways on the road in front of you.... a truck stopped in your lane loaded with 50,000 # of concrete slabs, any "truck" that doesnt look like a prototypic old fashioned truck, for example a log truck rather than a conventional "box van" or a flat bed hauling a 100 ton backhoe, and on and on and on. All that legalese is there to cover all the known things that the system will not do, although an uninformed owner might think that it does. Worthless and dangerous... well intentioned but dangerous.

The most annoying system is the ACC. I can turn that off now, after lots of owners screamed and complained. Good. I would just like to take the reins of this whole thing and make decisions about my coach. Let me know what you find. $1,000 is a lot to pay for a one time software need, but I am open to possibilities.

Thanks

Gary
Old 12-08-2019, 07:47 AM   #124

Distracted

You say that pulling the fuse made the beeping go away. Did it do that by making the whole system non-operational ? Did you look into that? Just the alarm or the whole dang thing?

I may give that a try.

What is the software named?

Gary
Old 12-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #125

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Distracted

You say that pulling the fuse made the beeping go away. Did it do that by making the whole system non-operational ? Did you look into that? Just the alarm or the whole dang thing?

I may give that a try.

What is the software named?

Gary
At the time I was hearing the beeping, my radar was out of alignment. I pulled the fuse and the entire system went away, although there was a warning icon. The conventional CC would not operate at all.

The software is called WABCO Toolbox. I also had to buy an adapter, I bought the Noregon DLA+2.0 adapter, which looks like it will have multiple uses (and for $600 I hope it does for me).7
Old 12-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #126

Distracted

You are definitely an owner that "grabbed the bull by the horns" and resolved your own problems. My hat is off to you.

I DO want OFCCC (Old Fashion Classic Cruise Control) to still operate on my coach. So, making it all go away is only a partial solution.

Thanks for the information. Actually then, I think that it is the same software (Toolbox) that many truck repair shops have in their inventory as it is a software that deals with all of Wabco's systems including their trailer brake anti-skid systems, etc. There has to be a way... it is just finding the right guy who knows enough about the system to take control of it.

Gary

Tags
ada, cruise control