Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Advice? About to pick up a used 2014 Anthem 44SL

We purchased a lightly used (<5000 miles) 2014 Anthem 44SL a few weeks ago, and will be picking it up on July 3rd. It's not our first coach, so we are fairly familiar with the PDI process, and since we could look at the coach immediately after we bought it, we already gave the dealer a long list of minor items to remedy.

Our question is simple...are there any small things that we should be looking for that might be missing or could be unique to our model?

For example, we do not have a remote for the Radio/Nav. We've already told the dealer, but could easily have overlooked this missing item.

Or for example, we've seen reference to a wrench to take off the wheel hubs. We do not recall seeing one. Should we have it? Where?

So if anyone has advice on small things to watch for (other than the standard PDI process of trying all systems, etc), we'd be grateful for the help!
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #2

You'll need the hub wrench so you can check your hub oil, probably order that from Spartan.
Also, make sure you get the dishwasher remote so you can lock while driving.
The Gerard awning remote is small, make sure you get that one too.
Good luck with your new Anthem.

Tom
2014 Anthem 44DLQ
taraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
The radio/nav remote is not a standard item but an option that did not come with my new coach. Has to be ordered in the aftermarket. I never ordered it, so I don't know what I am missing.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the advice. We had a good laugh when we saw the dishwasher remote, and couldn't imagine what it was for. Now we know. We have seen the Girard remote, although it was not working - one of the items on our repair list. I'm guessing the batteries were dead.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
JMO, but the most important thing is probably the two cases of owners manuals and if the previous owner left them. From the owners manuals you can find out what is missing.

Our 2014 came with the radio/nav remote but it doesn't work and a new one is being sent from Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks! I may have a problem, as I've only seen 1 case of manuals, maybe 6 inches thick. We have not been able to identify which documents are in there, but I have seen some documentation on the Entegra web site, and I have been able to see many manuals online by brand, e.g. the radio (that's how I knew about the radio/nav remote). I'm guessing that some documents are missing, so I may be asking additional questions once I pick up the Anthem.

It's OK if I have a few headaches like this, as I got an amazing price on a 2014 with <5000 miles.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
JMO, but the most important thing is probably the two cases of owners manuals and if the previous owner left them. From the owners manuals you can find out what is missing.

Our 2014 came with the radio/nav remote but it doesn't work and a new one is being sent from Entegra.

Two cases? I only received 1 case am I missing something? Can't imagine what I would be missing. Also do you know how much the. Radio remote costs? Does it also operate the GPS,Sirus radio etc. etc. 2014 Anthem DLQ...
SonnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I got only one case of manuals, plus a CD of manuals from Spartan.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
My second case was pretty much duplicate manuals, such as 3 A/C manuals, 4 Samsung manuals adjustment tools and wrenches. But I am still missing manuals such as the Winegard Travl'r setup manual that I had to get online.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:48 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Our Aspire had one thick case and our Anthem has two thinner cases, same amount of manuals with each.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:54 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
The new arrangment of the owners manuals. The case on the left is the "usable" manuals in alphabetic order. In the rear is every receipt for anything on the MH. The next buyer will pay dearly for those records. I also took my paper cutter and cut out all of the foreign language sections...sure lightened the load. Right case is the duplicate manuals and tools that will go in storage, the back one is now empty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01942.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	66474  
Old 06-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Is it possible to outline what the "tools" are? Just so I am prepared for my (slightly used) Anthem pickup in 3 days. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8804 View Post
Is it possible to outline what the "tools" are? Just so I am prepared for my (slightly used) Anthem pickup in 3 days. Thanks!
There is a bunch that I don't have a clue what they are for except what I have seen posted here. A couple of long plastic hex tools I think are for awning adjustments. A wheel cover spanner wrench that I have never used to take off a hub cover. Extra mounting hardware that was not used to mount an item in a MH. Basically a bunch of things I wouldn't loose sleep over if I didn't have and I will probably never use them.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Don't store the shade adjustment tool!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice