Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't know waht floorplan you were looking at, but the counter on our 44SL is huge. Much larger than some of the other coaches we looked at. And by pulling out the island you get even more counter space.
MR U I don't think that he knew the counter pulled out. JMHO
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Food, get the DEQ, it has a ginormous china cabinet, if your not a Waterford and Baccarat collector like me it doubles as a mass food storage unit. I opted for the crystal collection. It also keeps the B&C from getting any larger. Also swapped out some of the lighting for crystal chandlers...
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:24 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascapeguy View Post
That's great info. Is there restrictions on campgrounds when you get up into 44' vs. 42'? What about fuel economy differences 42 Vs 44? Love the pantry in the 44'. Professional Chef so need lots of kitchen storage.
Our motorhome is 42'. I've found that to me as a full-timer the living and storage space and just overall comfort of a large motorhome greatly trumps the fact that we won't fit in a few outdated old parks. Most of the parks you won't fit in are very old, have spaces mostly suited for camper trailers, and many don't even have 50A electric service. Most parks that don't accommodate rigs like ours haven't had any significant investment in decades and really aren't that desirable. I don't even blink as I pass them by on my way to better facilities. I'm betting you won't either.

Congratulations on your new coach. I looked at the Entegras at the last couple of RV shows I attended and they are really nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tricotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:43 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome and enjoy your new coach. There are some good suggestions as to floor plans and their reasons, but the real deciding factor is sitting in hopefully one of each for awhile and see which one best fits your needs and travel styles. DW was upgrading for a 1.5 bath and wouldn't give up her full closet......that limited my choices

My reason for a 43 ft (real length) was my inside storage area and my driveway when it's home for loading. Our driveway is only 45 foot long and on a busy curve. I didn't feel safe with a 45 foot model sitting at the street edge.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #19
WDE

DEQ or B

We had ordered the DEQ until we saw the B. The half bath is nice (bride has her own space) but the real winner is the storage in the pantry. Not sure what we would have done without that space ... a real plus over the china cabinet.

But to each his own. The recommendation to spend some time in each, thinking about how you might use the coach is great advice. Good luck and welcome to the Entegra family.
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
www.big-rigs-rv.com

If you are concerned about fitting into some RV parks in a 42' or 44' coach I highly recommend the following book - Big Rig Best Bets. Very comprehensive book which highlights the parks and even the exact spaces in those parks where you can park your "Big Rig"
Plozano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #21

Welcome and congrats. Research does pay off.....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascapeguy View Post
Yeah I have the same concern about the L sofa being in front of the drivers seat on the 44u. That's swaying me to the "B"
That is what influenced our decision as well. We wanted the use of the drivers seat while parked. With the bath and a half, the great pantry, and generous counter space the 44B did it for us. Congratulations on your decision and best of luck on your choice of models.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #23

We recently purchased the 44B. With all opened up it feels very much like a S&B house. We are full time and have been for 14 months
Old 03-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't know waht floorplan you were looking at, but the counter on our 44SL is huge. Much larger than some of the other coaches we looked at. And by pulling out the island you get even more counter space.
I've actually looked at all the floorplans and none of them had adequate counter space for my needs. The pull out counter (which I had on another coach) is a poor compromise IMHO. It sits a few inches lower and doing prep work on it hurts my back and stretches my arms so cutting isn't as precise.

I am glad you found a coach for your needs, but for us the counter space was lacking.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
I am curous what coach you have seen that has more counter space. I haven't seen any with more than mine.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #26

Already signed up for it. Great info.
Seascapeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #27

We got the B too, and love it for the following: 1. Bath and 1/2...I get my own space. For us, this was an important factor. We can get ready to go somewhere and not bump into each other. 2. Washer and Dryer in back bathroom which keeps laundry more private and practical. Take shirts out and hang them on the shower rod. 3. Feel of two areas: living room vs kitchen. We like having the fireplace in the living room area. It is cozy when reading or watching tv. 4. Nice kitchen with pantry.

The only negative to us is the dinette. We would have preferred a booth, but all of the other positives leaned us to the B. As stated earlier, it is very roomy when opened. We are not full time, but do stay (and work) in it two to three months at a time and love it!

But really...you can not go wrong with any of the plans. This one just worked for us.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob View Post
We got the B too, and love it for the following: 1. Bath and 1/2...I get my own space. For us, this was an important factor. We can get ready to go somewhere and not bump into each other. 2. Washer and Dryer in back bathroom which keeps laundry more private and practical. Take shirts out and hang them on the shower rod. 3. Feel of two areas: living room vs kitchen. We like having the fireplace in the living room area. It is cozy when reading or watching tv. 4. Nice kitchen with pantry.

The only negative to us is the dinette. We would have preferred a booth, but all of the other positives leaned us to the B. As stated earlier, it is very roomy when opened. We are not full time, but do stay (and work) in it two to three months at a time and love it!

But really...you can not go wrong with any of the plans. This one just worked for us.
Exactly why we got our B.