Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
AGS & Generator Problem

Just read through the post "Generator Fuel Pump Lesson". Not sure if we are having a similar problem and would be interested in your thoughts.

A week or so ago we experience a power outage at WinStar and the AGS did not start the Generator. At that time I was sure I enabled AGS on the VegaTouch, but was not 100% sure. Now we make sure that AGS is enabled.

Moved to another campground. Had another issue with a bad circuit breaker on the pedestal and lost power. This time the AGS started the Generator. That's the good news. The bad news is now we are finding that the Generator will run when engaged by AGS and then for whatever reason stop. Seconds later the Generator restarts, runs and then in some period of time stops again. Gen restarts and repeats the process, just the time between shut downs varies and the Gen always restarts almost immediately.

Not to confuse the issue, but the other thing I noticed is that when they replaced the bad breaker and restored shore power the Generator continued to run and did not revert back to shore power. I waited a while then shut down Gen manually and shore power came up on the Vega panel and all was back to normal.

I should also mention that we have been boon docking and when I start the Gen manually it seems to run without this intermittent shut down.

Any thoughts appreciated. Will try to call Entegra CS in the morning, but when problems seem to be between Vega and other things the answers always seem harder to come by.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Jim, I had a similar issue with my AGS... ON AND OFF about every 10-12 minutes. Entegra CS said it was vegatouch... called and they sent me a new updated version.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Just talked to Firefly about the exact same issue. We are at a park where the power went out. The AGS started great. Every 15 minutes the generator would cycle off and then right back on. When the power came back on the generator did not shut off.

Firefly told me the generator cycling off is a known issue and is fixed in the latest version of their software. For some reason our 2018 had version 7 and they are at version 9. They are sending us a new version 9 panel to fix that issue.

On the generator not shutting off I was told that if it starts on AGS it won't shut off until the item that turned the AGS on is satisfied even if the power comes back on. For example if your AC is set to 75, the power goes off, the temp goes to 78, the AGS starts, the generator will continue to run until the thermostat reaches 75 and turns off the AC.
AMHTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:24 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Andy & Ditto,

Thanks guys, will call Leon at Firefly. Interesting and one thing that makes me wonder is that we have a 2017 and the Vega SW is bit behind your 18's. You would think that the problem would have been realize by now.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Contact Firefly Support, they were right on top of the AGS issue and are sending a new panel to my next campground. Yes, I wish it worked correctly the first time, however, the way Firefly continues to handle my issues (and having the 4th 2017 built I've had a few) is customer service acting in the best interest of the customer.

Literally on and off the phone in 5 minutes and on the way to having the problem resolved.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
After reading the posts, it looks like the AGS needs to be tested on all model years once in a while and not wait until it's needed like I did. On the Classics the Command 30's had a bad program. On the new models Firefly has a bad program. When you need the AGS to work, is not the time to find out it doesn't work. The good news on mine is I discovered the batteries were bad while on my way to our PDI. Just my experience.

Lynn just posted the other day that hers quit working again. I hope she posts back what the problem was.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #7

Chuck the in between coaches(2016--orphans?) had AGS problems also. A lot of them had a wire misplaced in he transfer switch. They would start on an outage OR ANYTIME an AC was called for, even it you had shore power. Took two shots to fix mine but all is good now.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:37 PM   #8

[/QUOTE]On the generator not shutting off I was told that if it starts on AGS it won't shut off until the item that turned the AGS on is satisfied even if the power comes back on. For example if your AC is set to 75, the power goes off, the temp goes to 78, the AGS starts, the generator will continue to run until the thermostat reaches 75 and turns off the AC.[/QUOTE]

On the 17' Vega Touch running the latest version: This is correct and disappointing. The generator will run until it satisfies the air conditioners even if you shore power comes back 20 minutes after the original outage. So if you are sitting in 95 degree temps, your a/c is running and set on 75, power goes out.... your climate control starts the generator and fires up your air conditioners just like we have all asked for, saves the dog, just like we have all asked for....then your shore power is back up and available 20 minutes later but your generator runs, and runs, and runs.... All day long. Now wouldn't you think that with just a little bit more programing logic that the system would recognize that its got a stable source of power back on the shore side that it could shut the climate control off, switch to shore power and start the air conditioners but up?

I'm going to look into this a bit more but the generator should at least have a maximum run time setting somewhere so that it would shut off and check for shore power.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator