Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2018, 07:29 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quick Start Guide Attached.
Here's what the laminated card should look like.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Quick Start Guide.pdf (430.5 KB, 149 views)
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I push retract all again if bags don't inflate. I don't have to do this every time. When this happens Ive noticed that the front jacks are down about 1" or so and when I push retract all for the second time they go all the way up and the bags inflate.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:04 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Air Bags Failed to Air Up!

Early in our first Entegra ownership a CS tech told me they received complaints about bad rides and damage to air bags because owners raised the jacks before airing up, the bags wouldn’t inflate all the way making the ride bad and sometimes causing damage.

We’re new to Hadley and wait until the “Hadley Not At Ride Height”message goes away before we raise the jacks, sometimes it takes a very long time. Our Hadley also seems to default to “Lower” and I have to hit “Standard” to get it to air up quicker.

I also got in the habit of hitting “Retract All” a second time after the “Operating” message goes off. You can hear pumps running for an additional 15-20 seconds.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:16 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I also got in the habit of hitting “Retract All” a second time after the “Operating” message goes off. You can hear pumps running for an additional 15-20 seconds.
Ditto for me. Another caution about airbag at full height. I always do a last chance walk around the RV after aired up and visually inspect the clearance in the wheel wells. If the airbags haven’t aired up the coach will have a noticeable “low rider” appearance especially noticeable at the front wheels. If you maneuver sharply with the airbags not inflated an Anthem, a Cornerstone, and I guess the newer IFS Aspires can cause the front wheel to break the fiberglass fender area when cut sharp.

A sure fire method to prevent this is hit the All Retract a second cycle....after the air system has filled back up....you should hear the auto moisture ejector at the rear end go “PFFFTT” signaling you are fully aired up.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
....after the air system has filled back up....you should hear the auto moisture ejector at the rear end go “PFFFTT” signaling you are fully aired up.

I waited for it in my Anthem but it’s hardly noticeable in our Cornerstone. I stare at the air gages and wait until they stabilize at ~120psi. Big pressure drops, mainly in rear, as the Hadley “finds itself” and after the jacks are retracted.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:39 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I waited for it in my Anthem but it’s hardly noticeable in our Cornerstone. I stare at the air gages and wait until they stabilize at ~120psi. Big pressure drops, mainly in rear, as the Hadley “finds itself” and after the jacks are retracted.
Vance,

If you are seeing a large fluctuation in your rear air gauge from the Hadley or from jacks retracting it sounds like your gauges are reversed (front is rear and rear is front).

A quick Spartan air tank check would show if it was correct or not.

1. Aired up with the key ON but no engine running.

2. Pull the white cable and drain. Should be no real change to either gauge.

3. Pull the green cable and drain. Rear gauge should read zero and front gauge should not change much.

4. Pull the red cable and drain, front gauge should now also read zero.

After doing this test a few years ago I found my gauges were reversed from the Spartan factory.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:59 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Air Bags Failed to Air Up!

On our Aspire I always hit Auto Retract a second time after the jacks lift. I’ve noticed if I don’t, the odd time the bags will not inflate. After one ride on the chassis, I’ll never forget the second retract or the last walk around.
John Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Don - I’ll be back at the coach in a couple days and will check it. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2018, 07:13 AM   #23

Great thread, everyone. I know I learned something!
Anthem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:20 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Just to add one more thought. Just because you hear the pressure relief at the back of the coach, this doesn't mean you are fully aired up. Always do a walk around. If someone already said this, I guess I missed it. That's how I found the air bag deflated. Even with good airbag inflation, the coach may still need to raise up some after the pressure relief.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Your Cornerstone probably has the muffler on the air system. Spartan is okay with removing that so you can hear the air blow off.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:09 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Your Cornerstone probably has the muffler on the air system. Spartan is okay with removing that so you can hear the air blow off.
That is the way the Classics came from the factory, no muffler and it is LOUD when it pops off. The best of both worlds was to run an hose from the pop off valve out the hole at the bottom of the compartment. Nice soft pop off that can still be heard.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, led