Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #29

After removing the 4 screws the cover won't come off. There appears to be 2 plastic retention clips on the back end. I tried pulling down but they didn't release. Didn't want to break whole cover. Do I just need to pull harder until they release or am I missing something?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #30

Have a 2013 Aspire and being from Texas never had a problem cooling the coach down in a few minutes. As for the so called hush kit, call Paul at Precision,they have made a sound dampener to cover A/C. Will be there in a couple of weeks to have them installed.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Talking Hushing the ACs

I just tried the duct taping on the Dometic "air dump" register noise reduction mod and I gotta admit the interior got about 15-20% quieter. Highly recommended, at near zero cost! I didn't open the air dump registers often so this mod worked or me! It is easier to hear the TV or sleep in the bedroom.

Thanks Entegra posters!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
After removing the 4 screws the cover won't come off. There appears to be 2 plastic retention clips on the back end. I tried pulling down but they didn't release. Didn't want to break whole cover. Do I just need to pull harder until they release or am I missing something?

There are actually 6 screws which must be removed. The final two are under the small round plugs to the rear of the vent cover. Pry them off with a jewelers screw driver or a knife tip and remove the screws. Let me know if you need pics and I'll give it a stab.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I just tried the duct taping on the Dometic "air dump" register noise reduction mod and I gotta admit the interior got about 15-20% quieter. Highly recommended, at near zero cost! I didn't open the air dump registers often so this mod worked or me! It is easier to hear the TV or sleep in the bedroom.

Thanks Entegra posters!
Dave,
Did you feelthat you got more push to duct vents with tape than before when you merely closed dump slide?
bill
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck454 View Post
Dave,
Did you feelthat you got more push to duct vents with tape than before when you merely closed dump slide?
bill
I have had it both ways in the same RV. In mine there was no noticeable difference between closed louvers and taped louvers in regard to flow thru the ceiling ducts.

The difference was:

Taped louvers = slightly quieter (10% guess) BUT ability to quickly cool the RV is gone.

If cooling ability is not an issue, it is quieter. If I lived in the sunbelt I probably would keep the dump and try to manage the noise thru shutting units on and off and using standalone fans.

For instance, I live in Florida and won't give up the dump feature.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
IMO, there was no noticeable increase in duct air output. All the duct tape over the air dump vent does is eliminate some leaking air which contributes to the noise. IMHO, the AC unit is actually pretty quiet but it is the air intake that makes all the noise "sucking the air". If the AC unit had a seperate duct to take in stale air, like the return registers in your house, I think the whole setup would be much quieter.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
It didn't hit 107 until about 5:00. Even the dogs wouldn't go outside!

I am happy with the AC performance. It slowly crept up but cooled as soon as the outside air cooled.
Poor doggies. We have to push our big furry Lab down the ramp whenever it hits 90. He knows what air conditioning is and what summer in Florida is !
He like AC better.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Precision Paint offers a 'hush kit" which attaches in place of the white grill. They make them with the trim to match your rig's decor. $142 installed. I am attempting to find out if they will make them and ship them out. (If the installation is easy)
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #38

We have the kit from Precision Paint and it cuts the nose by about 50% and looks a lot better then the white grills. Myself,another fella that was there with his Aspire, Ted and Paul came up with the idea and Paul's wood guy made them. We tried different distances from the ceiling and found that about 3/4 of a inch was the best.
Tom and Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #39

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbersdad View Post
Precision Paint offers a 'hush kit" which attaches in place of the white grill. They make them with the trim to match your rig's decor. $142 installed. I am attempting to find out if they will make them and ship them out. (If the installation is easy)
Contact info for the hush kit please.
Thanks
Old 09-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Dee View Post
We have the kit from Precision Paint and it cuts the nose by about 50% and looks a lot better then the white grills. Myself,another fella that was there with his Aspire, Ted and Paul came up with the idea and Paul's wood guy made them. We tried different distances from the ceiling and found that about 3/4 of a inch was the best.
Do you have any pictures?
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniscw View Post

Contact info for the hush kit please.
Thanks
Hi Cobbersdad

Can you please supply contact information to order the hush kit. I searched but could not find any info. Thanks

Tags
air conditioner