Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2015, 05:12 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
No wonder they are "out of stock." Even with the $31.87 added for shipping, it's still a good price and a WIX filter to boot.

Looking at the company more closely, they are a surplus company. I wonder if they are out dated filters? There is a disclaimer under "condition" That this may be a factory second or damaged. No wonder it was too good to be true.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #16

Don't be concerned with the brand of the filter or spend time looking for a particular brand. There Eco and Ecolite canister filters are designed and manufacturered by Farr. The "brands" are all due to private labeling.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Don't be concerned with the brand of the filter or spend time looking for a particular brand. There Eco and Ecolite canister filters are designed and manufacturered by Farr. The "brands" are all due to private labeling.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Good point Steve. The real concern, aside from price, is the date code.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
According to Spartan, these should be changed every year or two regardless of what the filter minder says. The reason is that the paper elements are glued together. The glue gets brittle with age. If the glue joint fails, the paper element fragments and goes into your turbocharger which is spinning at about 30,000 RPM. You don't want to buy a new turbocharger. Much cheaper to change the air filter.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
According to Spartan, these should be changed every year or two regardless of what the filter minder says. The reason is that the paper elements are glued together. The glue gets brittle with age. If the glue joint fails, the paper element fragments and goes into your turbocharger which is spinning at about 30,000 RPM. You don't want to buy a new turbocharger. Much cheaper to change the air filter.
Hi Marc, wondering where Spartan got this maintenance information for the air cleaner that is feeding a Cummins engine? I would think the engine builder would have better information than the chassis builder....? I know you most likely heard this at the Spartan training class???
This is some good reading on this subject,( http://www.irv2.com/forums/f123/rebu...er-180423.html )I felt sorry for the OP Pay attention to post #6 and then post#12 Here is a picture of mine, after 5 years/30k miles, cut it open, still looked new, glue was still in place and hard, not cracked, changed out.
I read/follow Spike45 posts.........have to respect his years of learning/knowledge in this field. A new filter is not efficient till it has a good coating of dust on the filter media....... then it starts to protect your engine. The filter minders are there for this purpose and to give you a visual on your filters restriction.
(Click on photo's to enlarge & Zoom in)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06810.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	90277   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06813.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	90278  

Old 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Palehorse if that's your old filter I must be living in the wrong part of the world. After one year mine is showing replace on the indicator and its filthy. I try to stay out of caliche parking lots but sometimes it can't be helped and the amount of dust that gets thrown up is like a small thunder storm cloud. I'll normally kill the generator and the dash air to reduce the amount of dust being blown up but still I don't think I'll ever have to worry about my filter getting to old.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Palehorse if that's your old filter I must be living in the wrong part of the world. After one year mine is showing replace on the indicator and its filthy. I try to stay out of caliche parking lots but sometimes it can't be helped and the amount of dust that gets thrown up is like a small thunder storm cloud. I'll normally kill the generator and the dash air to reduce the amount of dust being blown up but still I don't think I'll ever have to worry about my filter getting to old.
My lord Terry I like to travel the "Back road's" also, but you need to at least get off the Dirt Road's and get on pavement
I admit, I let it go longer than I should of, and the filter is structurally OK, and if I remember right , the minder was at 15"WC.
and, you are not in the wrong area Terry, mine sat all winter 3'+ snow, temps down to -20(Climate controlled garage), I would like to be where you are.......even if it means changing my air filter once a year!
Old 04-01-2015, 04:49 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
No kidding Terry. I pulled into (at 5mph) a Kansas religious campground with dirt roads last year. It was dry, dry, dry. With my Genny running there was huge billowing clouds of dust. I have since learned when arriving at a locale and about to go "off roading", I shutdown all the AC units and the genny and tip toe into my spot.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Great information all ready posted. Racor has a 3 year shelf life and a 5 year service life. The engine manufactures are usually very conservative here and recommend 2 years. I opt for the 5 or indicator warning.

To change just loosen the bands on the rubber boots and use a screw driver or the likes to snap the metal band clips open.

Before you start clean as much of the loose dust off the filter and area around it. You don't want that stuff getting into your engine.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't have my email communications handy with the manufacturer, but as I stated in post #23. Racor/Farr sees thing differently. I questioned them about the filters that came unglued. Though they were within the date spec, the glue used was defective. None of the defective filters are available from reputable dealers. The coach/chassis manufacturers want to be held liable for a bad filter so they recommend frequent replacement. The choice is up to the individual RV owner now. I am going for the longer change interval. The serves hours in 4 or 5 years is just not that severe.

Happy trails.

Rick Y
Old 09-24-2015, 06:01 AM   #25

i have Entegra Conerstone 2013 and how i suppose to remove the air filter engine
fred2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
One other tip to add on the filter change is to remove the clamp holding the transmission and oil dip sticks to give a little more wiggle room when swapping the filters out.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:03 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2137 View Post
i have Entegra Conerstone 2013 and how i suppose to remove the air filter engine

Always glad to see a new poster. Welcome. My first suggestion to you is to go the the "Users CP" near the top of the page on the left. There you can post a signature to tell us more about yourself and equipment. Helps as we try to answer your questions among other things.

Happy trails,
Rick Y