RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #1

Air Force One Help

Any ideas on why my indicator light mounted on the rear view mirror will not go out? On full time. Even after unhooking from coach.

Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Check to ensure your brake pedal has fully release. Check the wiring harness for chaffs and possibly shorting out. Also I would call AF1 CS for assistance especially to rule out tne controller.

Herb

royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:27 PM   #3

switch adjustment on the brake actuator at the brake pedal, just make sure the pedal has fully returned .

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Blue ox
Limey0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #4

Indicator light is wired to the brake light circuit of your tow & activated when the Air Force pneumatic cylinder depresses your brake pedal. Light staying "on" probably means that your brake pedal is not completely releasing. Check to see if the pneumatic cylinder has "moved."
Cincy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If you have power pedals/movable pedals in toad, check to see if they are fully forward.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #6

Switch could be stuck on. If the brake pedal is released, you could try lightly tapping on the switch body on the actuator. Or try adjusting the position of the switch on the actuator. It's possible the switch moved on the actuator.

Steve
Old 11-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post
Switch could be stuck on. If the brake pedal is released, you could try lightly tapping on the switch body on the actuator. Or try adjusting the position of the switch on the actuator. It's possible the switch moved on the actuator.

Steve
This would be my guess. The LED uses a reed switch at the activation cylinder to activate, it is very sensitive to being out of place.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:36 AM   #8

I looked into the toad brake indicator several years after I bought my AFO, and was told by several owners and one of the sales reps that the brake indicator on the toad was a weak part of the system and often did not work correctly, and the advice was not to worry about it. Consequently, I have never added it to the rig.

Every once in a while I have the DW sit in the Honda (or the reverse) while I activate the brake in the Cornerstone to make sure that everything is working correctly.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:32 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It sounds like the reed switch, located on the brake cylinder) has come loose or is not completely reset into the groove properly. Loosen the set screw and push the reed switch flush into the groove and re-tighten.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #10

I could never see that light anyway. What I did was use a small pressure switch teed into the small line off the controller. Ran a wire down to the 7 pin plug and used the blue wire thatís runs from the 7 pin plug to the cockpit to a red peanut light in the cockpit. Anytime the controller is activated the small light in the cockpit comes on.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
I had the same problem and took it back to the installer (2 years had passed). They said it was a known issue and they did a small rewire, which fixed it. The only difference in operation now is to test the system without being hooked up is to pull the emergency disconnect switch to activate it, otherwise everything else works the same. A call to the company tech folks can probably tell you how to rewire.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #12

The light is activated by a reed switch on the air cylinder attached to your brake pedal in the toad. If the brake pedal fully returns to its fully returned position, most likely the reed switch is not correctly adjusted. The owners manual provide the adjustment procedure to correctly position the reed switch. My AFO did the same thing after I installed it on my Equinox and a simple adjustment of the reed switch corrected it.
Bikinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:18 AM   #13

The link below includes the reed switch adjustment procedure. See step 8 on page 25.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...AFO-Manual.pdf
Bikinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I could never see that light anyway. What I did was use a small pressure switch teed into the small line off the controller. Ran a wire down to the 7 pin plug and used the blue wire thatís runs from the 7 pin plug to the cockpit to a red peanut light in the cockpit. Anytime the controller is activated the small light in the cockpit comes on.
I like the pressure switch idea. What pressure range did you use?

Steve

Tags
air